• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Walk-Off Stage

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
So walk-off stages are very unpopular and I can understand way. It very much favors easy knockback KO’s and negates recovery as even needed which is a vital part of the overall gameplay of Smaah.

So are any walk-offstages bearable and if so, which is the best.

As for me, I’d vote for Boxing Ring.

It is a walk-off, but due to the middle of the stage having very small walls, it (no pun intended) boxes you into the middle of the stage. This makes being in the walk off portions of the stage optional and almost serves as an off stage of sorts on your average stage albeit with an actual ground to stand on. It many ways, I plays as a true home court advantage for Little Mac.

Boxing Ring is one of my favorite stages in general, walk off or not caring hazards are turned off.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Some stages are hybrids/start as walk offs but transition quickly to other layouts. Halberd, Prism Tower, Yggdrasil Altar (etc.) aren't bad solely for those segments.

As for just static walk-offs, I usually don't mind the ones that don't interfere with the battles too much. I have some bias for the first stages I played each game (Coliseum/Shadow Moses Island for the Smash 4/Ultimate demos, Living Room on Smash 3DS, etc.) but truthfully you can circle camp most of the larger ones.

I've been to some weird rulesets tourneys in Texas that went as far as having certain walk-offs legal (I played a real set on Wii Fit Studio/Coliseum) so some have higher tolerance for them than others.

Top Bottom