• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best tips for practice?

Falc01

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I'm gonna enter a tournament this month and I want to get some good practice in.
I would say I'm an above average player, but I don't really have a solid way to practice.
The thing is that I usually play online and think that I do fine, but once I play offline I notice that I need to get used to there being no input delay wich is a problem.
I usually play snake and joker and do pretty decent with them online, but then once I play offline (wich I can do about once a week max since my friends are usually busy) I perform way worse cause of my online bad habits.
Now people have recommended for me to get a Lan cable but that's unfortunately no option for me. I can only play on wifi wich can be good at times, but is unfortunately, inconsistent.
Any help on how I can practice properly instead of playing online on wifi?

KoyPond

Smash Rookie
The best way that I have found to practice is give yourself a handicap (Example: Launch easier, Start with damage...) Then you will have to review your own strategies and find flaws them. This also lets you see your bad habits (Example: Rolling into people, grabbing early or late...). Practice against lvl 9 works well too. Hope this helps. Also good luck on the tournament.

Top Bottom