• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Teammate for a Healing Team?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
So obviously healing isn't really a viable teams strat in Melee, but out of all the characters, which do you think does the best with Ness insofar as their ability to heal him? I'm pretty sure it's either Samus or Fox (Samus heals the greatest amount in the shortest amount of time; Fox short-hop, fast-fall laser is the greatest rate a projectile can heal) but was just curious what other people thought.

It probably makes sense to factor in how well the character does with Ness in general, too, in which case I'd probably give it to Fox, because I'm assuming Fox/Ness is a better team than Samus/Ness? Idr know though.

Miyakuto

Smash Rookie
if we look at the unique things of each team, maybe samus is a better choice. Not only for the healing part but also for the side possibilitys. She is better off stage than fox so, better in term of recovery (for ness and for her). Her bombs can be used for some tricks, for exemple free PK fire, stop endlag of moves like PK thunder (don't know if this is useful but it's possible) and maybe others (free yoyo glitch ?).

To get back to the thought of healing, in my opinion the charge shot is better than fox lasers, not to heal faster but it's more intimidating. You're oponents will try to shield or avoid the charge shot, something they'll certainly don't do against lasers, so this opens more possibilitys for ness to catch it or do mix up.

Hope my thoughts will be useful.

Beside that, I think falco with his lasers and pikachu with his neutral/down b can be good teammates too in this kind of team.

Last edited:

dan smith

Smash Champion
fox lasers are the best form of teammate healing. other projectiles leave the teammate open to the possibility of being punished because they take a more significant amount of frames to fire. lasers are very low commitment and the fox can just start spamming you at any available time. the fact that they have no knockback is also crucial. if a falco/samus/pikachu wants to start spamming you with projectiles you run the risk of getting stunned before the psi magnet actually goes up. getting hit by a couple of fox lasers isn't an issue and will hopefully be negated by the subsequent healing.

fox is also the best character overall.

Top Bottom