• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Team mates for Yoshi?

Sarix

Smash Ace
She also has relatively safer aggressive game than most which I've seen lead to her being overrated. I don't think it's a terrible team because Peach is adaptable like Yoshi and can play aggressor quite well but it does hurt the combination from being better. In my opinion the team is no more than a 7-8/10 tops. Killing is still the large weakness but otherwise both are fairly adaptable characters so I do think they can pull off some stupid stuff.

Sharky

Smash Master
Tanky bruiser sounds perfect for yoshi, good **** shiri =D

peach is a terrible teammate for yoshi. The other team never dies...ever...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, Peach/Yoshi is fine. Its not bad by any means, but its definitely not one of our best teammates. And kills are fine so long as you keep your uair fresh. Peach has a lot of traps, and if you can separate the other team, get peach to trap one and finish with a fresh yoshi uair for a kill.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thats like saying MK's fair is bad because you have so many other broken options with uair, dair, shuttle loop, nado, nair, etc. Just cuz you have better options doesnt mean its bad, just not as good.

Sharky

Smash Master
when most of the cast is better, it's comparatively terrible. Also using a kill strategy revolving around one move is not something I'd call "fine".

edit: not trying to attack or anything, just stating my strong opinion.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its not terrible at all. There are definitely terrible teams, but Yoshi/Peach is not one of them. Tbh, as said before, pretty much anyone with Yoshi is doable, so tbh, we dont really have any terrible teammates. Im definitely not saying Peach is a good teammate, Im just saying its not a bad team and they can be legit.

Also, we have a handful of other kill options, not just uair. Down B, fsmash, usmash, etc. Peach also has fair and usmash. I was just sharing one simple example of a way to get kills; just because I only give one example doesnt mean it's the only way.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I think Lucas is a good partner.

What your guys think about it?

Shiri

Smash Chump
Tanky bruiser sounds perfect for yoshi, good **** shiri =D

peach is a terrible teammate for yoshi. The other team never dies...ever...
:yoshi: LOL oh you

Like I said earlier, Peach is a fantastic teammate for Yoshi. Great team chemistry, great mobility, they cover each other really well...but they don't win. So technically you're both right, but you're just saying it differently.

If you enter a tournament as Peach/Yoshi, you're either not planning to win or you're going full ******. If you're playing to embarrass people or just for fun, it's a really really good team to play.

What kids really need to do is get off this Ness/Peach/insert other bad teammate character here train and get on this WARIO. What a solid pick for Yoshi. Disgusting, really.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Go find a good Ness and just try it out. Im not saying its as good as Wario (I mean, who else other than maybe MK is?) but Ness is really good.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I can only see Wario being the best teammate for Yoshi solely cause of his mobility and free wafts since we grab release everyone in the air.

Though if I continue playing the game, I'd rather be static with some other main like pikachu or something...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Wario is good because of his kill power and mobility. Waft, Uair, and Fsmash are all good moves to have for doubles, and they're good killers to boot. Wario compliments us very well.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Didn't notice that till now, good catch.

Wario is good because of his kill power and mobility. Waft, Uair, and Fsmash are all good moves to have for doubles, and they're good killers to boot. Wario compliments us very well.
I mostly factor in Mobility cause it's hard for any Yoshi main not to hang onto the ledge and stock tank while Wario goes in once in awhile... The kills moves are obvious cause of our GR setups
But thankfully, Wario can also take the role of stock tanking for us. That's another good reason on why he's good for us.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Human error is still involved. Not like they'll land every Waft and Fsmash. While UAir can still be DI'ed correctly enough for people to live during high percents.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
They don't have to land every one. Just having three quick, powerful kill moves on a mobile character is a HUGE boon for a character that can rack damage but struggles to kill in teams.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I can only see Luigi being the best teammate for Yoshi solely cause of his shoruykens since we grab release everyone in the air.

Though if I continue playing the game, I'd rather be static with some other main like pikachu or something...
Luigi is good because of his kill power. Upb, Nair, and Fsmash are all good moves to have for doubles, and they're good killers to boot. Luigi compliments us very well.
fixed for humor

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
Yoshi/Ike. When me & San teamed we were a good team. Ike smashes out of yoshi's grab release. Ike bthrow to Yoshi pivot.

Top Bottom