• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Team-Mate[s] for Sheik?

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Peach is a traditional teammate for Sheik because she can rack damage really well, and dealing with low % opponents is a big weakness of Sheik's. Fox is probably good, Puff seems mediocre in my experience, and I've heard that Falco is good but I have never tried it.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Agree on Puff, Fox seems.. okay, but nothing like Peach. Falco I don't like as a Sheik team-mate. I greatly enjoy double Sheik. Lol.

I've recently been theory-crafting Samus.. thoughts on that? It feels like it should work well for the same reasons Peach does.

Last edited:

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
When I teamed with Shroomed double Sheik seemed pretty ineffective, actually, especially vs double Fox. He also told me that matchup was going to be really bad and we were going to need a lot of luck.

I have extremely rarely even seen a Samus in teams because I have pretty limited teams experience. I agree that it sounds like a (much worse probably) Peach.

For a while I teamed with a Doc and we saw a lot of success (we somehow beat Tang and Silentspectre), though I was just barely figuring out teams at the time and I'm not sure why it was effective. There are videos, if you're interested in dissecting it : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=laudandus+reason

Random23

Smash Cadet
My regular teammate is a falco and I really enjoy playing that team. Falco racks up the damage in a similar way to peach, you can protect him from getting gimped too badly and if you can identify that he's clearly better than one of their players you can split it into 1 vs 1 where you just wall out the other player.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I play a Falco with my friend's Sheik. It works pretty well. I will also occasionally use Marth or Capatain Falcon depending on match-ups.

UGS.Android

Smash Cadet
I think Sheik is a pretty good character in teams but of course, she has her weakness.

Peach, Fox and Falco works really good in my opinion (Her best teammates). Characters like C.Falcon, Jiggly, Ice climbers and Marth can be tricky but works okay.

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
I think Sheik is a pretty good character in teams but of course, she has her weakness.

Peach, Fox and Falco works really good in my opinion (Her best teammates). Characters like C.Falcon, Jiggly, Ice climbers and Marth can be tricky but works okay.
Peach, Fox, and Falco are an easy pick, as they are top tier and compliment Sheik's play style on a basic level. But in the end it comes down to how you and your teammate play (aggressive, defensive, cautious, etc.).

Sempai

Smash Ace
I say Fox and peach. The main reason is because sheik struggles for the first 30ish percent against fastfallers without her grab tech chase game. If you have ever played teams before, you know their teamate wont let you grab techchase them for 10 secs to build up %.

Fox and peach can both rack up dmg insanely quickly, fox with usmash. Peach with downsmash. Against fast fallers, one of these moves usually puts them in a juicy percent for sheik to start comboing. Also both these teammates have great bair to bair combos with sheik. This is also why I think sheik/sheik doesnt work, they have no real good (non-grab techchase) moves to accumulate dmg. You could say fair, but CC beats that pretty easy at low%s unless spaced perfectly.

Also, with fox, sometimes peach too, Sheiks move defensive, zony, pseudo-campy style of play compliments them well. You can have your fox go to town while you back them up with disruptive needles, fair zoning, and dmashes to break up pressure or to get breathing room.

Finally, Sheik is a fantastic edge guarder and usually isnt in too much danger to be counter gimped if you know what your doing. At least compared with other characters of the cast.

Top Bottom