• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best taunts

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So what do you think are the best taunts in the game?

I’m gonna get biased and go with Ness’s “OK” taunt. People get tilted so quick over that one when you’re playing in the same room as them

Honorable mention to “Show me your moves”

What do you guys think?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Ness' ok
Captain Falcon's come on, and show me your moves
Luigi's down taunt
Shulk's I'm really feelin it!
Falco's down taunt cancelled into down Smash
Wario's booty
Palutena's pole dancing
Ridley's shriek
Piranha Plant's piping up and dance

This one probably doesn't count, but DDD's crouch

There's probably tons more that I forgot about, but here ya go

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ness' ok
Captain Falcon's come on, and show me your moves
Luigi's down taunt
Falco's down taunt cancelled into down Smash
Wario's booty
Palutena's pole dancing
Ridley's shriek
Piranha Plant's piping up and dance

This one probably doesn't count, but DDD's crouch

There's probably tons more that I forgot about, but here ya go
DDD’s crouch is on a whole different level

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I've always loved Sonic's "You're too slow!" It's soooo rude, especially when you're playing a heavy like Ganondorf.

I do love Ridley's up taunt as well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All of the taunts from :ultpiranha:
The Down taunt of :ultpit:
:ultinkling: and her Woomy
:ultsonic: Speed
:ultduckhunt: laugh
:ultryu: talk is cheap/:ultken: thumbs up
:ultcorrinf: and her “doing it”
...box...:ultsnake:...box...

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultjigglypuff:'s dance taunt
:ultpeach:'s "lalalalalala"
:ultrobin:'s "Let's tip the scales"
:ultivysaur:'s walking on her forelegs

Honorable mention: :ultpalutena:'s "Ready when you are"

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
"You're too slow!" was the most irritating **** ever. Which is precisely what made it the GOAT taunt. Wish we still had it.

"Show me your moves" is much less annoying but it's just plain iconic. It's mandatory for starting any match with the Captain.

I'm also partial to DK's shrug, Wario's 'wa, wa WA' and Toon Link's sword flail. Shame that ROB's taunts barely even qualify as taunts.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
"You're too slow!" was the most irritating **** ever. Which is precisely what made it the GOAT taunt. Wish we still had it.

"Show me your moves" is much less annoying but it's just plain iconic. It's mandatory for starting any match with the Captain.

I'm also partial to DK's shrug, Wario's 'wa, wa WA' and Toon Link's sword flail. Shame that ROB's taunts barely even qualify as taunts.
“Show me your moves” is definitely necessary for starting a CF match just like “Okay” is necessary for every sick Ness kill. Those two are just iconic but not as irritating as “You’re Too Slow” (which I agree is the best)

“The Shrug” is great too. I have a friend who plays a lot of DK and makes masterful use of that one

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
“I cannot lose” is pretty underrated. It’s a simple, blunt, matter-of-fact statement. When you launch somebody into the stratosphere and they’re wondering how is it that they just lost, it just feels right to let them know that the reason for their defeat is because Lucina simply cannot lose. Of course, it backfires horribly if you taunt prematurely and end up losing.

Honorable mention goes to Mario’s up taunt. It’s just so perfect when you Cape someone or they SD stupidly and you respond with a thumbs-up as if to say “Good job, dumb-ass.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario Thumbs Up. Cappy is also good, because it implies that Mario's opponent was so trash, that he didn't even need to use him to win.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Honorable mention goes to Mario’s up taunt. It’s just so perfect when you Cape someone or they SD stupidly and you respond with a thumbs-up as if to say “Good job, dumb-***.”
That thumbs up is definitely the most aggravating taunt. I wish Samus or ZSS had a thumbs down to compliment it.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
The best taunts are actions that you turn into taunts, like :ultinkling: when you down-B without ink or :ultpiranha: eating his spikeball. And of course :ultkingdedede: on the crouch.

As for actual taunts I'm partial to :ultpichu: trying to be scary but getting dizzy. On the opposite specrtum I love :ultridley: just screeching like a dire beast or just adjusting his posture, menacingly.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My best taunts (Warning, a lot)

:ultmario:: Thumbs up
:ultdk:: Down Taunt
:ultsamus:: Side taunt
:ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultisabelle:: There all cute taunts
:ultfox:: Lets go
:ultluigi:: Down Taunt (one of the best)
:ultfalcon:: Show me your moves
:ultpeach::ultdaisy:: Taunts are honestly cute
:ultbowser:: Side taunt (all we need is his evil laugh)
:ulticeclimbers::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede:: Down Taunt
:ultzelda:: Down Taunt
:ultfalco:: Hands of my prey
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom:: I wont/cannot lose
:ultganondorf::ultmewtwo:: Evil laugh
:ultgnw:: Side Taunt
:ultmetaknight:: Fight Me
:ultpit:: Ready for this
:ultzss:: Try Me
:ultwario:: All taunts fits his character
:ultike::ultrobinf::ultrichter:: Prepare yourself
:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:: Taunts are fun
:ultsonic:: Sonic Speed (but Your to slow is still a classic)
:ultolimar:: Strange but fun taunts
:ultlucario::ultincineroar:: Cool posses
:ultwolf:: Are you scared?
:ultvillager:: Dances
:ultmegaman:: More posing
:ultrosalina:: Taunts are cute
:ultgreninja:: Down Taunt
:ultshulk:: I'm really feeling it
:ultbowserjr:: Hammer spin
:ultduckhunt:: That trollish laugh
:ultryu:: Talk is Cheep
:ultken:: Thumbs up
:ultcorrinf:: You Ready for this
:ultbayonetta:: All Taunts are savage
:ultinkling:: Woomy
:ultridley:: Roaring and Standing up
:ultkrool:: Smacks his own gut
:ultpiranha:: Down Taunt

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
:ultpalutena: wins with her stripper pole taunt where she just straight laughs at the opponent

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
:ultyounglink:: Gotta go with Young Link on this one, sorry. As a huge fan of the series theirs just something cool about drinking a bottle of Lon Lon milk like in the games on smash.. even though popping a cork off a fairy in a bottle would be even cooler.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
The last 2 are honorable mentions, so I'm fine with those choices

But we can all agree that :ultsnake: needs more taunts, besides the box one

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
I love :ultpeach:‘s “Lalalala Laaa-Laaa!” taunt because of how irritating it is. The way she sings and dances is done in such a taunting and condescending manner. It shows that she’s actually trying to infuriate her opponent, egging them on to attack her and baiting them into attacking recklessly with her annoying little tune.

That’s why it’s so great. Unlike most characters who just do a pose or say a catch phrase, Peach is literally taunting her opponent to annoy them (and from my experience, it’s super effective against many people ;))It’s great at damaging opponents psycologically to make them play worse. That’s why it’s so good, because it does what a taunt is meant to do very well.

To be fair, I don’t blame my opponents for getting mad at me when I use that taunt. Being tossed around violently by a sweet little pink princess and then having her taunt you like that must be pretty humiliating :p

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Peach is without a doubt the worst sport in the game, between her taunts and "Oh, did I win?" Add that to the plastic, soulless smile that tells you she obviously couldn't care less about the other character. They could be bleeding out and all she'd do is smile and wave.

As far as other taunts go, the 90's kid in me has always liked Ganondorf and Mewtwo's laugh-and-spins. I tend to abuse Zelda's booty shake and Dedede's "big gay dance," too. Dedede is always fun.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Peach is without a doubt the worst sport in the game, between her taunts and "Oh, did I win?" Add that to the plastic, soulless smile that tells you she obviously couldn't care less about the other character. They could be bleeding out and all she'd do is smile and wave.
Exactly! It’s like her main objective is to make the opponent as angry as possible, frustrating them with her turnips and floating just outside of their reach. Then she’ll provoke them with her infuriating taunts, smiling as she does it, to really get under her foe’s skin. Seeing Peach dance around annoyingly whilst singing “Lalalala Laaa-Laaa!” all while grinning at the camera can really make their blood boil xD

Along with all this, I’m sure her “Awww, did I wiiiiin?” victory quote has tipped many people over the edge, causing the death of many poor broken controllers from her enraged foes ;)

Wait, Zelda has a booty shake?
I think he means the one where she waves goodbye to her opponent while giggling at them. :ultzelda:‘s actually pretty good at inducing salt herself with that one. Waving goodbye to them as they fly into the blastzone and giggling while she does it is something I can imagine people raging at.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
Zelda doesn't stick her butt out with that anymore. She laughs while doing her wave though.

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
For me it's either Robin's Time to Tip the Scales, or any one of Palutena's twirl or Mewtwo and Ganondorf's cackles.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'd also like to mention Richter/Simon's swiggity swooty crawl and Mr. Game and Watch's down taunt, especially the latter. If you continually press the down taunt for Mr. Game and Watch, it looks like he's doing sit-ups.

Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Why is :ultisabelle: 's clap being ignored? Clearly the best taunt in the game. I'd even argue she has the best emotes out of the whole cast.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Another taunt that is a honorable mention of mine

I honestly like Inkling Girl's up taunt, as it honestly cute

Top Bottom