• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Superheavy Weight?

UserKev

Smash Champion
K. Rool is the best heavyweight. K. Rool is surprisingly fast and agile, has armor and a ground pound move. His Recovery is even near invincible.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I would think it more logical to draw the line between DK/Dedede and Ganondorf, considering the sudden jump in weight values. But, semantics.

:ultbowser:: Generally considered the best. Surprisingly fast, has a handful of combos, tough guy armor gives him an edge in neutral. His recovery gets some good distance but is linear and not hard to pursue.

:ultkrool:: Most recent public opinion is that he's gimmicky and easy to get around if you know how. A jack of all trades and master of none. The Australian nationals were recently won by a K. Rool, though, so opinions are still bouncing around.

:ultdk:: Perfectly viable. Very grabby sort of gameplay, as has always been the case with Dong. Great horizontal recovery but like Bowser, easily punished.

:ultkingdedede:: I hear mixed opinions on Dedede. His gameplay relies a lot on area control with Gordos--making the opponent move a certain way by blocking off options and predicting correctly. Great recovery for the most part, and has disjointment on his hammer, which is a big boon. Hands down the slowest character in the game, though.

:ultganondorf:: Reads. If you read the opponent right, Ganondorf wins. Read wrong, and you're combo food. Good range and disjointment on smash attacks despite their slow speed, and just about the most damaging character in the game. Very exploitable recovery, though.

:ultcharizard:: Widely regarded as the worst heavy in the game.

:ultincineroar:: I don't hear a lot of talk about this guy. He's a bit like a heavyweight Little Mac. Recovery's abysmal, but as long as you can stay on the stage and land your attacks. He suffers from a lack of range, but his aerials are pretty fast and hard-hitting.

Top Bottom