• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best stages for Cloud & Mario in doubles

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Anyone have any insight on this topic? I did very well recently in doubles at one of my local tournaments with Little Mac while my teammate was Mario. What I noticed is that Mario has a very fluid grasp on tri-plat stages by utilizing aerial strings and my teammate and I kept wanting to go back to those stages for that purpose.

However, since Mac has a pretty horrible time against sword characters (we got beaten by a team that had a Lucina in grand finals), I am picking up Cloud for the purpose of doubles play (maybe singles as well).

My question is as a Cloud player with a Mario on your team, what are the most ideal stages for the duo? Are tri-plat stages still the most ideal for these guys?

Last edited:

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
FD might be the better option. Mario has full stage to b reverse where he pleases and nobody has platforms to land on. When Cloud goes for up air. Mario can scout the air dodge easier and nail the up smash without platforms in the way. Not to mention without needing to chase them on platforms it'll be easier for Mario to dash grab setting up pummel and Cloud's Finishing touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom