• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best stage?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I personally use Corneria for a counter pick and gay it up and camp under the fin on the right. I think it gives Doc a good advantage. And if I'm not mistaken, it has a decently low ceiling so fair combos still work nice and if you predict they will tech off of the wing you can follow it up with something else. Overall, Corneria is my Doc counter pick stage. Final Destination is also a good counter pick stage, as well.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I perfer FD, because of its flatness and the rounded sides making it easier to return. It makes the pills really predictable, but it is relatively large, making fights against Marth easier, IMO

meh.

Smash Rookie
i feel like there's a terrible amount of variables that have to be taken into account before really answering this question.

how do you use your doc? who is your opponent? ..do you enjoy taunting?

as for myself, i really like platforms. i developed more air game, and i think it's best executed on fountain of dreams. back when i had more ground game, i really liked fd.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've come to find out that

1) Final Destination is my fav and best stage.

I just like the flatness of it, and it usually works wonders against most characters, cept IC's, since you have no where to run.
It works well against people who need platforms to combo you, or need platforms to get away from you (which is also a bad reason to pick the stage if you're very defensive)

The edges off the stage arent long, either; so it's makes for good recoveries (imo)

2) Yoshi's Story

I personally dont like this stage, but I know that I wont have to work too hard for my KOs. Anything that comes low gets caped, high gets Doc punched, unless it's a lagless recovery (Peach's parasol)

Only reason I dont like this stage is because it IS short, and the cloud can hate soooo much

___

Alot of people say corneria is a good Doc stage; i personally dont think so. But that's cause I always seem to get packed on Corneria.

I also dont like Kirby 64 cause of how big the sides are, meaning alot of times you wont come back.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Platforms seem to be good for Doc, I like to use Cornaria, Battlefield, and Story for counterpicks usually.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Corneria, FD, and Yoshi's Story, but is Mushroom Kingdom II a good one? I love to counterpick that while using Doc because of the Bthrow and pills from the sides. Anyway, just my opinion.

alcheato

Smash Ace
My personal favorite is FoD just because I love that stage . As far as actually being good for Doc:
Corneria- makes it easy to get f-air kills because of the low ceiling and you can get really f*** people up with Doc's bair on this stage.
Final Destination and Dreamland: good for comboing floaty characters and chain-throwing fast-fallers
Yoshi's Story: the incline of the edge allows you to cape sweet spotters more easily and the Ftilt ***** here

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I like FoD, FD, Pokemon Stadium, and Corneria

FoD has some nice horizontal KO potential for Doc, BThrows at 70% from the edge usually kill, or set up for an east edge gaurd vs fast fallers. The platforms accent any pillspam you shoot out. Since the boundaries arent outrageous, your lack of recovery is shared with your opponent.

FD might be my favorite, depending on the matchup. On space animals and Falcon, if you can land a grab at low %s, chaingrab to oblivion. plenty of open space for pill spam. Plenty of room to set distance between you and your opponent if you need to.

Pokemon Stadium is also one of my favorites. Its change of scenery compliemnts your pills. It has average boundaries, so KOs arent a strain to squeeze out. The two platforms can really work with you with pill spamming and getting into position. I wouldnt take Fox, Falco, Peach, and Shiek here though. Im fine with Marth, just got to play carefully.

Corneria has been mentioned before. Low ceiling is awesome for FAir finishers, and the right side of the stage is a great place to camp. A little bit of chaingrabbing can be done down there, and the rest of the stage really compliments your pill game. I like staying at the top of the fin, seems like it gives me control of the stage, especially with my pills.

FOB

Smash Ace
hmm. I'm actually thinking FD. With fox being a popular character, there are many people that second fox. Unless you know they don't its a pretty dangerous pick. On the other hand, FD is overall a good stage for combo, chaingrab, pill purposes (everything everyone else said) and its generally a lot safer.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
The thing i like about FD is it gives me the best results regardless. You're not really penalized by anything on the stage, although there is nothing that is blaringly helpful. You just have to be well aquainted(sp) with it.

The way I see it, alot of character's main strengths (i.e. falco's SHB) actually can hurt them if they abuse it, cause although falco has a clear-as-day shot at doc at any time, you (the doc) also have a clear-as-day warning to cape it.

You cant get pinned by a shine combo by fox, marth has no platforms to abuse against you, peach has pretty much stay on level on you (take that how you will).

I personally think that FD plays pretty well, if not the best, for doc.

But that's my opinion, dont take it to heart.

____

I personally hate corneria cause i always managed to get screwed over on it no matter what. And the idea of having unique pill trajectories is kool, the only problem is it really only works one way; the OPPOSITE way most of the action on the stage goes.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
corneria gives great pill bouncing so thats one

FD= chain grabs

and Yoshi story for people with good recoverys like samus cuz then its more even

MuBa

Smash Lord
Doc is the kind of character that needs a lot of space to fight so he can run around and pill all day long and set up with a grab and attack. The stages that I do very well with Doc are:

Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Corneria

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
in my opinion, though i dunno if this stage is legal in tourney's & what not, doc's best bet is Game & Watch stage. For two reasons:
1- His front & back throws would work wonders in a stage w/ such small sides
2- His uncommonly used down-a attack + bair is quite deadly when he's between his opponent & the edge.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
What's real ironic is I might be goin to a tourney this weekend where flatzone will be legal.

lolololololol

The rule is "no moving stages"

SOMEBODY'S GETTIN GIMPED BY HYRULE.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
On a serious note, another thing to consider when you counterpick is what stages the other character is bad at.

Like jigglypuff for example.

Although I love FD to all ends of the earth, I'd rather take jiggs to Yoshi's Story, just because it's smaller, meaning less work for me.

4% APR

Smash Champion
What do you think the best stage against Fox is? I would think FD probably but I would like some other opinions. Thanks

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aside from FD,

1) I think Pokemon Stadium is an aight place to take a fox.

The neutral stage plays to your pill rushes, but you have to watch platforms.

You also have to watch for the Fire and Earth stages, so you dont get waveshined (TGC'd whatever the hell the name of it is). Basically, dont get ***** by the reflector and a wall.

Grass and Water work aight for you, since they still keep a big base for you to pill rush, but fox can jump on platforms to avoid it.

2) If you're looking for a defensive pick, you could go with Jungle Japes or Kongo64. Both of those have really high ceilings which'll help you against shffl'd u.airs, u.tilts, and u.smashes.
-The downside to playing on jungle japes is that it's hard to control a fox, and a good to play JJ is to control which side you're fighting on (right side if you're about to side, left if you're about to get a kill)
-The downside to Kongo64 is recovering. Granted fox's will get hurt like yours does, it just sucks having to sweetspot the ledge perfectly. You get punished for being too short OR TOO LONG.

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
i have three favorites:

1. FD because you have tons of room to pull off combos.

2. Corneria because you can use the stage's surfaces to get all kinds of rolling on the pills.

3. FoD because of its smaller size, making f-air kills a lot easier.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
What's real ironic is I might be goin to a tourney this weekend where flatzone will be legal.

lolololololol

The rule is "no moving stages"

SOMEBODY'S GETTIN GIMPED BY HYRULE.
You absolutely have to tell me if someone gets gimped with Hyrule cause that will be funniest story ever hahahah

Corneria for reasons that everyone else has stated
Yoshi's story- Quick deaths and the fact that since your recovery sucks if you go far out your now coming back anyway so might as well die and kill them easier :)

Mix

Smash Cadet
FD is probablly the best place for you. Thats where i really love to go. Corneria is good too like Kashakunaki said, you can really lay waste to your opponent if you know how to read their techs when you use the fin. Yoshi's story is a nice place too but i know a couple of C. Falcons that would own a Doc there. It really all depends on your taste and how you like to play.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I wonder, about Jungle Japes. When you get knocket out, you can use the river to come back. If you fall too far down you can't come back(before you die), but you can use down-b to come longer up from the water, sail a bit longer and use up. Or just use up-b. You just gotta hope that aligator keep himself away.

Top Bottom