• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best set for Mii Swordfighter. Evo related. Please Vote.

Best set for swordfighter

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 16 57.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

Votes: 2 7.1%

Votes: 1 3.6%

• other

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Miis are going through so much drama right now. even for our final cry to legalize them freely, people are still against it. Evo made miis 1111, so we got screwed badly. esam said he will push our movement and get others to help us, but on one condition. we must all vote on one new standard(default). meaning brawler, gunner, and sword will be stuck to one set that we all vote on as the best set for Mii of each type. This will cause some drama, but having a viable standard that we choose is way better than 1111 non sense anyways. This will be tough, but lets be very mature about it. inmo voted best set >> being stuck with 1111 forever anyday. please be mature about this. Ill give it a few days or even a week.

Whoever is the best swordfighter here who gets good results at mii legal tournamnets. please put down what set you use to achieve your wins.

Last edited:

Megamatt215

Smash Rookie
NNID
megamatt215
I'd vote for 1331 if it was on the list. Gale Strike is a projectile with gimping potential, but tons of startup lag. Chakram is a much quicker and more versatile projectile. I'd choose Hero's Spin because it's another potential kill move for a character who has very few. Finally, Blade Counter, because I prefer counters over reflectors.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
1/3/2/(what ever reversal slash is)
Reversal Slash is Down B 2. Let's get the gang in here.

@Masonomace @Trieste SP @murdokdracul @ItalianBaptist, @AEM, @Burgundy Blade, @GS3K, @Epok, @A-money2121, Thecombosetups Thecombosetups , @KP Joey, @Caterpillor, @JimmyTheCaterpillar, @GeneralLedge, @DigitalAtom6, @Axitonium, @Pegasus Knight, @Iko-Seiko, @Player -0 ,@SmashCapps, @san., Routa Routa , KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , @Oz, @Splebel @.Lavani (Berserker?), @Rhydon65 @| Big D | CHOMPY CHOMPY

Hello fellow Swordfighters,
We are fighting a losing war. But some progress is better than no progress (i guess). Please vote. Thank you.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No comment. I've made my mindset very clear, and I choose to stick to it.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I haven't taken Swordfighter to tourney, but I've played plenty of matches with Swordfighter and my vote goes to 1332. Gale strike is a decent projectile, Chakram is amazing for zoning/pressure, Hero's spin is good for recovery and as an out-of-shield option, and Reversal slash is like a pseudo-Mario cape, good for reflecting projectiles and intercepting recoveries.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I just picked him up so I will at least not vote for now. maybe if/when I keep the character for a week.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I would go 2/1/2/2

Shuriken of Light (Side B 2) - Its a move that I feel thats being overlooked. The move comes out quick, it has some invincibility frames to help us land better, it can sort of stall in the air as your landing, and deals more damage than Gale Wind.

Airborne Assault (Side B 1) - This move is by far the best move in the game in terms of horizontal recovery. At the same time, your opponent can still hit you with a free well timed usmash. However, if you Airbone Assault and align your character along with the ground floor, you could land more safely and its a possible landing mixup.

Hero's Spin (Up B 2) - Sure it doesn't have the unique spike where the instant it hits the opponent, it sends them straight down to their doom. What Mii Swordfighter needs is to have a recovery move that can grab the ledge, regardless of what direction its facing. Also, it has some horizontal distance to help aids its decent vertical recovery.

Reversal Slash (Down B 2) Gives the Swordfighter a slight air boost when used in the air. Similar to Marios's Cape, but trickier to land. Counter is a move that only works on low-mid level players, but fails horribly to high-top level players.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Shuriken is also a good option especially if you aren't taking Chakram, since they both fill pretty much the same role. I go back and forth on the Side-B though, since while the horizontal recovery is amazing, I feel like Swordfighter's recovery is already decent just by having a fast projectile to cover landings, paired with Reversal Slash's aerial stall and Hero's Spin being pretty safe.

I find that Airborne Assault can be kind of risky, since if I'm remembering it right, you're put into the helpless state after coming into contact with anything. If you recover too high they can shield it and punish (possibly), or they could even just jump out at you and tank the hit to cut your recovery short. I think it also has a decent amount of landing lag. The crazy momentum it gives you is pretty fun to work with though.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
We need more sword input. I did talk to trela, buthesaid hesfine using 1111 sword. I would like to see more votes and hear yalls opinions.

Tycon

Smash Rookie
TLDR: Please go with 1332/1331 for sure. The worst moves for each slot, 3/X/1/3 should never be considered. Order -> Neut B/Side B/Up B/Down B. 1332 is the "best" and most versitile set up imo, so i voted for it after more consideration. Edited At the least X/3/3/X is acceptable.

Neutral B - Tornado (1) is prefered honestly and has it's benefits in many match ups. Either is fine as long as 3 isn't taken. Shuriken I sued to like but is really over shadowed by chakram.

Side B - Chakram (3) is the best choice for tornado. Chakram is so important it fundamentally defines the game play for sword fighter. Airborn assault (1) is medicore for recovery but only if you have shuriken so it really isn't worth it. If you took tornado you need chakrum for mid range projectile usage. Shuriken has invulenrability frames which are situationally useful and a very nice 50 FAF after using the projectile.

Up B - Prefer Hero spin (3) but Skyward Slash (2) is acceptable to a lesser degree. Hero Spin is a good OOS option and kill move in addition to recovery while Skyward slash can mix up recovery. Anything except Stone Scarab (1) as its terrible recovery and the spike isn't worth it.

Down B - I vote tied with Counter (1) and Reversal Slash (2). I lean a bit towards Counter (1) personally as just having access to a counter is a threatening tool in your arsenal no matter how infrequently you use it, as long as your opponent is aware of it and conditioned to play around it they can't be as narrowly aggressive, this helps a lot in combo match ups. While Chompy has a point its less useful vs the top end it's still useful for the psychological factor and forcing your opponent to play around it. However I must admit for most match ups using Reversal slash (2) is the better choice over all. Projectiles are easy to adapt to by power shielding but a reflect is also a psychological fear inflicting attribute, the air stall is nice so reversal slash (2) is my 2nd pick and tied. Anything but down b 3 is fine, that one isn't worth giving up the utility of the other 2.

2131/2331 are my my main choices but 2132 is something i'd defiantly be ok with. If Tornado is the primary consensus then 1331 is my preferred build with 1332 being acceptable. Anything except 1111 is fine really. Side B's are equally mediocre.

Imo no matter what build is picked, no build should ever use:
Neutral B 3 Blurring Blade - Ass move and easy to punish. But it has some applications.
Up B 1 Stone Scarab: Worst recovery basically only used for vertical recovery, limited use outside of recovery and often SDs you
Down B 3 Power Thrust - You give up your other 2 great utilities being a counter or a air stall reflect making this move almost never worth taking up. It's not horrible though definitely acceptable for mobility.

Important note! -> 3/X/1/3 should never ever be taken.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
1332 is winning so far. i thought shurikan was better than tornado?
it is but it's also a worse chakram which is a must have. Gale Strike is ok at best but at least it HAS a use that isn't covered by a better special

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I've been using 2322 as of late but I'm willing to switch out skyward slash for hero spin and SoL for gail strike. Really wanna keep reversal slash over counter though since it is a good option against projectile heavy zoners.

So 2322 or 1332 is good enough for me. But I still feel Swordie's best set is just what works best with you tbh.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I do well in tournaments with 1111...

I feel most of Swordfighter's specials are pretty good and serve different purposes. It just feels to me like 1111 complements itself, and swordfighter rather well.

For instance:

Stone Scabbard has quite a bit of vertical reach, but very little horizontal reach, which is remedied by Airborne Assault, the best horizontal recovery in the game (which btw, if it hits something, like a shield, you have no landing lag, same for if you do it a bit high up). Stone Scabbard also complements Swordie's dair well, since it works alongside it for early spike gimps, unlike using dair, then Hero's Spin hitting the opponent back up onto the stage. Gale Strike not only deals with pesky projectiles, leaving you to be able to choose another down B, but also lauches opponents upwards, ready for juggles (too bad it has a lot of cooldown but that's hardly ever an actual issue). Counter is just standard swordfighter fare, and helps Swordie ward off some pressure since he often has trouble with that.

tl;dr, I think 1111 is pretty rad.

Routa

Smash Lord
I believe SSD is a better choise for Guest size Swordfighter than Hero's Spin. Yes Hero's Spin is amazing kill move, but you loose some of the confirms into Hero's Spin when use Guest size. Add to that Guest sizes poor mobility in comparison to 00:00 recovering with Hero's Spin is more dangerous. So my take on "golden set" (silly idea if you ask me) is 132X.

Megamatt215

Smash Rookie
NNID
megamatt215
Although I usually use 1331, I'll vote for 1332 because it's close enough. I prefer a counter, but I can work with a reflector.

Random Robot

Smash Rookie
NNID
AidanZam
I personally like 1322 the best, but since Hero's Spin is the more widely preferred up special, I think it would be better to go with that if there really does become only one legal set for Miis.

Top Bottom