Best Secondary For Palutena?

Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've been having a hard time figuring out who to use as a secondary with my Palutena.

I've been also using Ness and Lucas just because I'm more comfortable with them really, but I want someone who can work really well against her weaknesses.

My thoughts are Peach or Olimar (haha I know top two characters) simply because they can really shut down the fast and oppressive top tiers that Palu has the most trouble with.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
I think Fox is Palutena’s worse match up. As a Palu secondary, I always struggle against Fox with her. He can rips her apart from close range, and he can get past her zoning pretty easily because of his reflector and his dash speed going through Palu’s neutral B. Hope this helps.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
I think Fox is Palutena’s worse match up. As a Palu secondary, I always struggle against Fox with her. He can rips her apart from close range, and he can get past her zoning pretty easily because of his reflector and his dash speed going through Palu’s neutral B. Hope this helps.
Wow, I completely misread this topic. I thought you were looking for a secondary to go against Palutena, lol. I am really sorry about that! I would say a rush down character is a good secondary for Palutena. Fox, Wolf, the Fire Emblem characters, and Pichu. Honestly, as $.A.F. above me said, there are not that many matchups that Palutena loses so you could potentially have whoever you enjoy the most, but because Palutena is very defensive, an offensive, rush down character might be your best choice. Again, I am sorry about my first post.

KatKit

Smash Ace
Zelda and Peach are good secondaries. The former is defensive like Palutena and will feel familiar to an extent, but she has better punishes and "get off of me" tools against out of shield options. Palutena can get overwhelmed by a good rushdown character, but I feel like I can control the flow of battle better against them with Zelda because of how aggressive she can be. Using Zelda has benefited my Palutena and vice versa.

Conversely, Peach (or Daisy, if you prefer) is just an all-around solid character. You will not struggle against speedy, oppressive/in-your-face characters with Peach, especially if you learn how to use her properly and space/combo with float and turnips.

Last edited: