• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Samus Teammates?

Xpect

Smash Cadet
I play a lot of doubles off of anthers ladder and my teammate mains Roy. We can't seem to find many kill set ups together or combos. My one Idea was covering ledge with his down-b counter while I shoot my CS which would do 40%+ and an nonpunishable play..Unless of course he was late on the counter..Another thing I try is popping shield throughout the game and heavily in 2v1 situations so he can finish of the opponent with his neutral B, what do you think?

So this is to any Samus players who play doubles, who do you enjoy playing with and what are some set-ups or advantages of teaming with said character? Please do tell, I'm highly interested in the responses :}

Thanks,
Xpect

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Samus + Ness = Ness can recover with PSI Magnet if Samus uses CS. Ness has great aerials.
Samus + Mario = Mario likes close combat, which means he can deal with those Samus can't.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Samus+Kirby. You give Kirby his best neutral B for free. He can duck your super missiles. The team combo game is actually pretty good because in teams hammer and stone both become viable.

NamelessHunter

Smash Cadet
Samus and Jigglypuff is pretty good. Shield break setups become super easy, rest and dirty bombs convert shield breaks to kills, rest is much better in doubles, jigglypuff can duck under SM and half charged shots, and both have amazing ledge game. Really good combo with random partners too since the team doesn't make very much use of combos. No jank either. Oh, and they are possibly the two hardest characters in the game to combo.

Xpect

Smash Cadet
Samus and Jigglypuff is pretty good. Shield break setups become super easy, rest and dirty bombs convert shield breaks to kills, rest is much better in doubles, jigglypuff can duck under SM and half charged shots, and both have amazing ledge game. Really good combo with random partners too since the team doesn't make very much use of combos. No jank either. Oh, and they are possibly the two hardest characters in the game to combo.
I would be more afraid of popping my teammates shield, and in that case jigglypuff would hit the heavens xD

Xpect

Smash Cadet
Samus+Kirby. You give Kirby his best neutral B for free. He can duck your super missiles. The team combo game is actually pretty good because in teams hammer and stone both become viable.
That would be pretty sweet; it could also counter any fast fallers for samus' sake.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Whoever your partner is you want it to be somone who can fight well up close and give you breathing room to charge up, always important to have good communication or some kind of cue for when you fire off your CS too, as its incredibly potent at killing in doubles since everyones distracted

I team with a charizard and his fire breath is great at giving me time to charge, his throws are easy to combos in to charge shot, and Flare Blitz + Charge Shot are insane shield pressure. And he has a really good boxing game, so he can go in whilst you line up a dash attack or CS pick off

Last edited:

Xpect

Smash Cadet
Whoever your partner is you want it to be somone who can fight well up close and give you breathing room to charge up, always important to have good communication or some kind of cue for when you fire off your CS too, as its incredibly potent at killing in doubles since everyones distracted

I team with a charizard and his fire breath is great at giving me time to charge, his throws are easy to combos in to charge shot, and Flare Blitz + Charge Shot are insane shield pressure. And he has a really good boxing game, so he can go in whilst you line up a dash attack or CS pick off
One thing I've been able to do with teaming with Charizards is when they hold their neutral b over the ledge, I can hop over and get an easy spike. I love teaming with Ikes though, it seems anyone who punishes pretty hard or can secure a kill is ideal. I feel Samus can be one of the best supports out there.

Top Bottom