• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Samus main in each State

Litt

Samus
A couple days ago I played around 12 games against one of the best Fox mains in Maine, and I won 4 times. Though the best Fox main in this state is not nearly as good as the best Falco mains. Going to a tournament up here in a month and I'll see if there's any other Samus players.
Sure it was the best fox main? Maine im pretty sure there are hidden bosses

Last edited:

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Sure it was the best fox main? Maine im pretty sure there are hidden bosses
Well Maine is kinda weird with Fox. There are some better Fox players than him in the state, but from what I heard from a tourney frequenter, those people all main another character, mostly Falco.

Litt

Samus
Well Maine is kinda weird with Fox. There are some better Fox players than him in the state, but from what I heard from a tourney frequenter, those people all main another character, mostly Falco.
I mean, main is a term thrown around rather loosely these days, especially with fox, with fox whoever the best player is that also plays fox is the best fox main, samus its kinda like you main her or she is a secondary, no real middleground

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Does anyone else in Alaska main Samus? I've heard of nobody and it'd be nice to get an AK player on this list.

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I think you should add quiKsilver from Germany (second best Samus in Europe) to the list.

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Just went to that tournament in Maine! Only 19 people entered, but some of the best players in the state were there. Here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/pinestatesmashFixed

Lost the first game before winning 4 in a row in the losers' bracket! Fought through some tough and tense games. I got far enough such that it was only me and the pros remaining. The 3-2 loss that eliminated me wasn't really that close. He probably would have beaten me 3-0 or 3-1 if he was trying his hardest the whole time. If you click on the Standings tab, you can see that I came in 5th overall. I pretty much was the best non-professional there. I feel like a pseudo-pro now. I feel like I'm close to making the jump to being a professionaly skilled player.

Still no sign of other Samus players in Maine yet. Well there was one at that tournament, but I don't think he knew how to wavedash. Can you put me down as the best Samus player in Maine until someone else claims it? Which I doubt they will.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
My samus is super ****ing cool

I also don't even remember writing that wtf. my ego is dumb, sorry, that's pretty rude of me.Your samus is prob pretty cool too. i cant say im good when i dont go to anything

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
@ BBOY15 BBOY15 who are Eric Green and Bus? Whoever they are, I wouldn't call them "professional-level" players by any means. Even SOLAR, who's definitely a good player, is not really close to "pro" level.

:dazwa: is a god tho

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
@ BBOY15 BBOY15 who are Eric Green and Bus? Whoever they are, I wouldn't call them "professional-level" players by any means. Even SOLAR, who's definitely a good player, is not really close to "pro" level.

I guess I'm not sure on the exact definition of "professional". They seem to have all the tech skill of pro level players, and they're top 10 in the state for sure. They are definitely pro for Maine, lol. I guess by the national standard for "pro level", Maine only has like 5 professional players?

Smash Journeyman
i would put only darc/dazwa/th0rn at "pro" level, whatever that means (let's say "MIOM Top 100 skill level" players, which probably includes ~150 players considering inactivity and the pretty large number of people close to the skill of #100)

regardless, this topic isn't very constructive or relevant; it'd probably be better discussed on facebook / reddit or something ~_~

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Maine's had maybe one Samus and it was a solid 4-5 years ago, one of Banks and th0rn's friends named Pixel. Not really sure what he's doing these days smash-wise, so BBoy I'm pretty sure you have best Maine Samus by default :p

Eric (more commonly known as Larx but he's changed tags about a trillion times) is old school Maine and was me and Darc's training partner for our early days in the scene. Bus is a newer player who's been showing rapid improvement in the past few months and will probably reach the upper echelon of Maine (if not New England) players within a year or two.

Litt

Samus
Maine's had maybe one Samus and it was a solid 4-5 years ago, one of Banks and th0rn's friends named Pixel. Not really sure what he's doing these days smash-wise, so BBoy I'm pretty sure you have best Maine Samus by default :p

Eric (more commonly known as Larx but he's changed tags about a trillion times) is old school Maine and was me and Darc's training partner for our early days in the scene. Bus is a newer player who's been showing rapid improvement in the past few months and will probably reach the upper echelon of Maine (if not New England) players within a year or two.

Dazwa wat u doing on samus board, ur drunk go home to shiek boards

Litt

Samus
my namesearching game is the best samus in connecticut :dazwa:
You iz the best samus in CT bro, I dont compete anymore, you can fight brookman for that though, he still thinks he has the best ;p

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
the only reason im the best samus in ak is because literally nobody plays up here

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Im top five samus LI
Fight me Barbie I ain't scared nikkuh

Last edited:

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
On the real though, my hands / forearms have been in really bad shape recently =( Can't play without pain, not gonna play until big house, hope i dont underperform.

You're lucky, otherwise I'd be number one again on netplay

Last edited:

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
Can someone put Pooch as the top Samus in Illinois? Dude is so good. He's probably 6 months away from joining Hugs and Duck tier Samus play.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Can someone put Pooch as the top Samus in Illinois? Dude is so good. He's probably 6 months away from joining Hugs and Duck tier Samus play.
Agreed, he should be up there for sure. I'm surprised he already isn't.

Litt

Samus
On the real though, my hands / forearms have been in really bad shape recently =( Can't play without pain, not gonna play until big house, hope i dont underperform.

You're lucky, otherwise I'd be number one again on netplay
Lmao check netplay bruh, permaban for puting a 100$ hit on the mod E2xD's car (someone to **** on his windshield for giving me a week rank ban for playing in an online non ranked tourney on an alt that wasnt evena tournament registered on smashladder tournaments section....) I'm still lurking just changed the IP and tag, so enjoy being the top samus we all know you dont deserve it and cannot prove otherwise ;p

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Whats your problem?

You have some real anger issues you need to sort out, stop being such a douche all the time and maybe people will enjoy talking to you.

Seriously wtf? I don't remember doing much to you but you always seem like you want to instigate something and start trouble with me, relax. For the record, IDGAF how good you think I am, I know how good I am and don't need you or anybody else to validate it for me.

This isn't even an isolated incident of you being rude. You seem to have some sort of ****ed up superiority complex and are constantly rude to other people on the board. Treat people like people, ya know? That's cool that you put a $100 hit on somebody's car, I don't need somebody with that type of emotional distress interacting with me.

Last edited:

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Lmao check netplay bruh, permaban for puting a 100$ hit on the mod E2xD's car (someone to **** on his windshield for giving me a week rank ban for playing in an online non ranked tourney on an alt that wasnt evena tournament registered on smashladder tournaments section....) I'm still lurking just changed the IP and tag, so enjoy being the top samus we all know you dont deserve it and cannot prove otherwise ;p
Whats your problem?

You have some real anger issues you need to sort out, stop being such a douche all the time and maybe people will enjoy talking to you.

Seriously wtf? I don't remember doing much to you but you always seem like you want to instigate something and start trouble with me, relax. For the record, IDGAF how good you think I am, I know how good I am and don't need you or anybody else to validate it for me.

This isn't even an isolated incident of you being rude. You seem to have some sort of ****ed up superiority complex and are constantly rude to other people on the board. Treat people like people, ya know? That's cool that you put a $100 hit on somebody's car, I don't need somebody with that type of emotional distress interacting with me.
I agree E2xD is a ****.

On the other subject, listen. I may be a nobody, or somebody you may have never really heard of, but I agree with MintyFlesh all the way. The only thing keeping me from calling you out Barbie, is the fact that you were for the most part nice to me. You're extremely rude and overly blunt and harsh to so many ****ing people on the site. If you want to ****-talk somebody, there's plenty of other places to do it other than here, we like to keep smashboards toxicity free. There's absolutely no reason to act so overly superior and condescending towards other users. This is completely unrelated to gameplay or the game at all, it's about your issues socially on this site. I'm honestly absolutely ****ing baffled you have not been banned yet, and I honestly see one coming really soon if you keep acting the way you are. I have no authority, but you can heed my warning. If I were to meet you in real life, I would have nothing to do with you, whatsoever. The smash community has very real stretches to real life, too. You also haven't seemed to die down in your behavior ever since you've joined, whatsoever either. And going back to the fact that I'm practically a nobody, it goes to show that MANY, MANY other people see your behavior, and probably stay away from the Samus boards as a whole as a result. I can tell you for a fact that the Smash 4 Samus boards are absolutely wonderful in comparison. I can't wait until you **** with the wrong moderator and get a nice thwack with the banhammer. Heed my warning or leave it, it's up to you. Also, please don't try to be overly statistical and QUOTE just about everything I just said here, as I and many others have seen you do before, nobody wants to read that.

Sorry for the **** you've put up with, MintyFlesh.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Whats your problem?

My problem? dude you have raged so hard at me before drunk and high to the point of verbal abuse... you half apologize weeks later and you don't understand what chip I have on my shoulder? You have been an on and off **** to me on smashladder from the point in which we first started talking. One day its omg im so bad against ganon can you give me some advice, to **** off omg im so good i beat knut and codi don't give advice to me b/c we aren't equals... to oh bro can you give me some tips on the AI from the ledge...

SERIOUSLY BRO?!? I NEED TO STOP BEING A DOUCHE? Granted to the majority of nobodies I am a complete ****, but to you Minty there is a legitimate well founded reason.

"i take it back im the best

on netplay"

"Fight me Barbie I ain't scared nikkuh"...

ok that was you verbally addressing me... and a joke or not, you instigated and directed a challenge to me. So when I joking say you aren't the best, all the sudden I am the only one taken seriously and you are the innocent guy that just knows how good he is and doesn't need to prove anything anymore? :/

I agree E2xD is a ****.

On the other subject, listen. I may be a nobody, or somebody you may have never really heard of, but I agree with MintyFlesh all the way. The only thing keeping me from calling you out Barbie, is the fact that you were for the most part nice to me. You're extremely rude and overly blunt and harsh to so many ****ing people on the site. If you want to ****-talk somebody, there's plenty of other places to do it other than here, we like to keep smashboards toxicity free. There's absolutely no reason to act so overly superior and condescending towards other users. This is completely unrelated to gameplay or the game at all, it's about your issues socially on this site. I'm honestly absolutely ****ing baffled you have not been banned yet, and I honestly see one coming really soon if you keep acting the way you are. I have no authority, but you can heed my warning. If I were to meet you in real life, I would have nothing to do with you, whatsoever. The smash community has very real stretches to real life, too. You also haven't seemed to die down in your behavior ever since you've joined, whatsoever either. And going back to the fact that I'm practically a nobody, it goes to show that MANY, MANY other people see your behavior, and probably stay away from the Samus boards as a whole as a result. I can tell you for a fact that the Smash 4 Samus boards are absolutely wonderful in comparison. I can't wait until you **** with the wrong moderator and get a nice thwack with the banhammer. Heed my warning or leave it, it's up to you. Also, please don't try to be overly statistical and QUOTE just about everything I just said here, as I and many others have seen you do before, nobody wants to read that.

What **** minty has put up with? He is just as big of an ass if not more so than myself. Minty is just not public about it and if I wasn't banned from smashladder, id copypaste some of the rude AF things he has said to me that were completely unwarranted. E2xD is a **** hands down, and BRUH READ ABOVE... the **** talking did not start until Minty... Yes I may have the rep of being an ass but I have not been an ass back to you at all period and you are **** riding minty to the point of hilarity from how ignorant you are of his own etiquette off these boards.

Litt

Samus
I agree E2xD is a ****.

Here are the kickers though, everyone from the smash community who I have met online first, surprising had a lot to do with me and enjoyed my company. Acting via text can only be interpreted and unfortunately my tone gets interpreted as condescending regardless of the situation as per my reputation... as shown before how you misread this entire convo with minty that occurred. Also going back to interpretation, many read the ellipses I leave as sarcasm, but they are more for effect and a pause for the reader to reflect back on the previously read words before transgressing to the following sentence/thought. I have noticed this many times, but I choose to still include it. As mentioned before I insult only when I see laziness and unwillingness to try, I am but one voice on here and if I call someone out on being lazy there are 5-10 other more users that will give other input as well. This isn't toxic but its giving the player a realistic expectation regarding the amount of effort the put into initially finding the answer and that yes the answers are out there. There is a fine line that I admittedly have skirted between, brutal honesty and toxicity, but as my time on smash boards progressed and I got the feedback on how often I was crossing that line into toxicity I changed my comments more towards the constructive side of brutally honest however my reputation still preceded me wherever I went. Granted this situation was personal with minty and I, you cannot generalize other posts I've made recently. Cool down and back off bud, because we aren't cool after this and you blew it out of proportions and personally insulted me despite not even asking for my side and just assuming minty as innocent in the least. Don't bother me again you get added to my ignore list so I do not fight with you. Good day sir

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Here are the kickers though, everyone from the smash community who I have met online first, surprising had a lot to do with me and enjoyed my company. Acting via text can only be interpreted and unfortunately my tone gets interpreted as condescending regardless of the situation as per my reputation... as shown before how you misread this entire convo with minty that occurred. Also going back to interpretation, many read the ellipses I leave as sarcasm, but they are more for effect and a pause for the reader to reflect back on the previously read words before transgressing to the following sentence/thought. I have noticed this many times, but I choose to still include it. As mentioned before I insult only when I see laziness and unwillingness to try, I am but one voice on here and if I call someone out on being lazy there are 5-10 other more users that will give other input as well. This isn't toxic but its giving the player a realistic expectation regarding the amount of effort the put into initially finding the answer and that yes the answers are out there. There is a fine line that I admittedly have skirted between, brutal honesty and toxicity, but as my time on smash boards progressed and I got the feedback on how often I was crossing that line into toxicity I changed my comments more towards the constructive side of brutally honest however my reputation still preceded me wherever I went. Granted this situation was personal with minty and I, you cannot generalize other posts I've made recently. Cool down and back off bud, because we aren't cool after this and you blew it out of proportions and personally insulted me despite not even asking for my side and just assuming minty as innocent in the least. Don't bother me again you get added to my ignore list so I do not fight with you. Good day sir
The only thing worse than your Samus is your personality.

Top Bottom