• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Samus main in each State

Litt

Samus
being on the website for a day doesn't mean i've been playing for a day...
:o wow that logical deduction train has left the station... no **** Sherlock, but it does indicate you are unknown, unranked, and relatively new, all of which scream.... I dont deserve a place on any list representative of skill, but prove me wrong and make waves in RI/NewEngland dude

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
Del City, a suburb of the capital, Oklahoma City. Also, I'm probably not the ONLY active Samus.

Last edited:

CawRiN

Smash Rookie
Just out of curiosity, how recent was Jumanji (Best in Indiana) playing? I've been active for a bit, and haven't heard of him anywhere. I want to find him and play him if he is still relevant.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Introducing Kmac, the best Samus player in NJ.

I've taken Animal (Long Island) to game 3 last stock. Dropped the edgeguard and was sent upwards :c
I took a game off of Vanz last Friday so that's pretty sweet too.
Taken sets from various mid/high level players in Tristate.

Arguably 2nd best Samus in Tristate as a whole. It'd be a contest between me and MintyFlesh (Long Island) for that spot, and as of late he's been pretty inactive so I guess it's mine now. I hate earning the spot this way but oh well.

That's about it resume-wise for what I've done, not much. But I'm gettin there, I promise you. So yeah I claim NJ any day.

th0rn is incredible and I don't think there's a single Samus in the Atlantic North that can beat him.
ROFL

I don't know why I even bother to name search myself anymore

In the words of Nairo, almost doesn't count. Taking games or getting players to last hit doesn't mean anything if you don't get the W. Bragging about losing to somebody is stupid. Also, as soon as I start traveling outside LI again, I'm fairly confident that I will be able to keep up the same level of play I did in the summer.

PS barbie sucks. Get off your high horse

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
ROFL

I don't know why I even bother to name search myself anymore

In the words of Nairo, almost doesn't count. Taking games or getting players to last hit doesn't mean anything if you don't get the W. Bragging about losing to somebody is stupid. Also, as soon as I start traveling outside LI again, I'm fairly confident that I will be able to keep up the same level of play I did in the summer.

PS barbie sucks. Get off your high horse
Barbie sucks? Brah the only time you have ever played me in person... I beat you... sure friendlies... but in the words of Nairo... almost doesnt count :/ if you wanna take shots, take them and shove them up your ass you angry piece of ****... "
  • Mintyflesh
    im actually just in a really ***** / depressed / mad mood
    11/23/2014 7:58pm
Well brah, when you get out of your depressed, mad really ****** mood, you can take your apology for these shots again, and shove them up your ass. ....

just like this apology

• Mintyflesh
    im sorry about the last time when we talked
    01/29/2015 1:03pm
  • Mintyflesh
    i dont know what took over
    01/29/2015 1:04pm
I dont either brah, but you can go **** yourself and stop talking to me

Litt

Samus
Oh are we **** talking again? Can I have a turn?
I have no **** to talk, minty is a good samus, I admit it, he has a competent falco in the samus mu, the only time we have played on a crt, I got the better of him, a friendly, and some may say not enough to convince anyone of anything, however it does meet the burden of proof that you cannot say someone "sucks" if you did in fact lose to them in a friendly, so at the very least he should afford me the same level of respect I give him.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
You're decent yeah, but you're no where near as good as you think you are lol.

cool, gj winning a friendly vs me

also its cool that you go through the trouble of copy pasting from our old archives, makes me feel like I have a big **** or something

Last edited:

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
As an Oklahoman, the current power rankings put DualCats, a Samus main at number two of the whole state with every character involved, so until May when I play him at OHSNAP7, I will admit he's objectively the best at the moment.
1. HazyGoose
2. DualCats
3. Cactuarz not to be confused with Cactuar.

Litt

Samus
You're decent yeah, but you're no where near as good as you think you are lol.

cool, gj winning a friendly vs me

also its cool that you go through the trouble of copy pasting from our old archives, makes me feel like I have a big **** or something
Nah took no time, just go on smashladder, scroll up for about 5 seconds, because I stopped talking to you for the most part after that conversation, double click, right click, copy, paste, boom, not hard. I understand my limitations as a player, and I dont think Im as good as you believing me to think I am, I take games off better players that I have been exposed to for ever in my region, but I do have a bit of trouble adapting to new play styles and thats just simply from lack of experience and travel really. Id love to play more and go to all the majors to refine my play to the point where I wouldnt feel guilty saying im a "pro player" (never have said that, and never will until I demonstrate real results and I believe them to be of my own merit. Until then, im just a washed up old samus in grad school playing on netplay all the time b/c those are the only times I can get to play the game :/

Ringedge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ringedge

Litt

Samus
If we are reviving this thread I would like to make a case for Edge (formerly Edgeluca) being the best Samus in Canada. I haven't ever seen Manoxmano play before so I can't say for certain until I do, but for people that have they can compare to these videos of Edge playing Samus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMljy0aH5A http://www.twitch.tv/uvic_smash_club/c/6362843
pretty sure .tea is canada? and again if we were reviving this thread... Canada is not a state :p

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
I've already said before in this thread that I'm not the best samus in this country, look back.
.tea is European I believe
Ringedge, don't just show a vod and claim he's the best. Post results.

Last edited:

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
.tea is german/austrian (european)

(drunk atm but I had to post)

Last edited:

Ringedge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ringedge
Ringedge, don't just show a vod and claim he's the best. Post results.
I didn't think about that.. Anyways:
3rd at Van Alive 3 (80ish people I think? Wasn't there but I think that's what I heard)
1st at the last 4 UVic Monthlies/Bi-weeklies (January-March), 2nd in September and October, 3rd in November, 1st in May and June(about 20ish people)
5th at Smash @ SFU (50ish people I think)
and is PR 3rd in BC currently http://grassrootsgaming.ca/power-rankings/

I didn't think about that.. Anyways:
3rd at Van Alive 3 (80ish people I think? Wasn't there but I think that's what I heard)
1st at the last 4 UVic Monthlies/Bi-weeklies (January-March), 2nd in September and October, 3rd in November, 1st in May and June(about 20ish people)
5th at Smash @ SFU (50ish people I think)
and is PR 3rd in BC currently http://grassrootsgaming.ca/power-rankings/
all i saw here was scrublord mcsamus vs scrublord mcfalco. 3rd on the PR? come south if you want to fight the TRUE 3rd samus in the northwest.

let me restate that I am one of the Samus masters of this area. I am definitely the third strongest Samus here. The Prime (who is not third strongest!) can suck it. I will show you the real advantage of being third. my cannon is mondo-sized.

and i hope this comment stays visible and does not get buried. i would hate to have to dig it out, it would be like digging for diamonds if i did.

Im guessing the prime at 1 or 2? lol and if im not mistaken doesnt Watty live out there?
They all claim to be 3rd best.

phewwwww Ok I was making a massive Earthbound joke. inside this mine that contains this diamond there are these 5 mondo-sized moles called guardian diggers, who are the 5 bosses of the mine. each claims to truly be the third best, no one else, they all claim that. it eventually became a well-known joke between earthbound fans.

but honestly the only samus player around here is the prime. watty is midwest isn't he? oh and violence is b.c., i think, wherever he is.

Litt

Samus
They all claim to be 3rd best.

phewwwww Ok I was making a massive Earthbound joke. inside this mine that contains this diamond there are these 5 mondo-sized moles called guardian diggers, who are the 5 bosses of the mine. each claims to truly be the third best, no one else, they all claim that. it eventually became a well-known joke between earthbound fans.

but honestly the only samus player around here is the prime. watty is midwest isn't he? oh and violence is b.c., i think, wherever he is.
pretty sure he is MDVA now, think i saw him on the vgbc stream at xanaxu, or maybe that was just a visit :/

Litt

Samus
Violence isn't as good as Edge, when they both lived here Edge was ranked and Violence wasn't
Idk how good violence is now, I just remember him being a huge knob goblin to me when I first started posting on here

Litt

Samus
someone was a knob goblin to you? impossible
Yes, Violence was the first guy on here that demonstrated the etiquette on how to treat new bright eyed naive players to me, everyone say thanks Violence :D

Last edited:

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
LMAO **** got real here. Good thing smashboards sensors or else my poor child eyes would start crying at these swear words.
To keep this post related to the thread, I've been thinking that Minty might be better than Knut, I feel it's within the realm of possibilities.

(@ MintyFlesh MintyFlesh we should enter doubles as double samus at NeoNebs if you're planning on going. As long as you deem me worthy, that is.)

Mattyboy

Smash Cadet
Haha that would be sick, not outside the realm of possibility but BC is faaaaaaaar from Ottawa. You guys should come to Toronto for Canada Cup this summer though.

I was the best Samus in NJ back when I played in 05,06,07 , but I got too sick needed surgery and all this and that. M2K doesn't doesn't counting obviously cuz he moved. I guess since he was 20 mins away from here to Cinnaminson he helped me get good I guess by pounding me into the ground mostly with marth as he was practicing for FC Diamond. I also just went to any tournament each weekend within a 3 hr radius. The closest preferably.

I have to dust the heal up, rust off, show up, because best Samus in the state feels like a weak.
My only goal is to prove that my health won't mess my game up any longer.

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
@Eidolon/Blightning\Rift
NJ samus hype. I believe Alex Triad started playing again recently too, so the number of Samus players in NJ is really starting to reach its old numbers again, which is exciting.

I'm pretty far from your area so there's no way I'll be meeting you soon, but my older brother goes to school in South Jersey. His tag is Son2, and he pretty much just dominates the region, and he does really well in Philly too. He and Velocity are pretty much the big rivals of the region from what I've seen. You should join the South Jersey Smash group, they'll tell you everything you need to know about getting back into the scene. Hopefully I can visit South Jersey or Philly soon so I can meet you and talk about Samus.

@ 343 343
:^) I'm still losing to Yedi though so RIP

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
A couple days ago I played around 12 games against one of the best Fox mains in Maine, and I won 4 times. Though the best Fox main in this state is not nearly as good as the best Falco mains. Going to a tournament up here in a month and I'll see if there's any other Samus players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom