• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best pm yoshi

didds

Smash Lord
@ hamyojo hamyojo easily has the best results with sets taken off of major texas players like sethlon. Probably the best footage to watch too since his opponents are actually good and won't fall for gimicky play.

who's actually the best? eh, prolly some random sleeper yoshi training in the mountain

hamyojo

Smash Ace
@ TomBoComBo TomBoComBo knows more than me and stuff, but I'm a better competitor it seems I think so it's kinda hard to say.
TomBo's your guy if you want advice. He knows MU's and stuff so much better than I do 'cause he's on that netplay status and stuff.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I would say that being a competitor is kinda irrelevant or situational. I would be one if I could travel further from where I live. I know I can Beat top players like Wizzy, Ken, Eiklemann, and Kaiju and can take games off of others like Esam, and Anther. I really want to travel to big tourneys to prove myself but it's not all that possible right now so I'm still getting the shaft on that with tournament placements. Though if it's any consolation, I do win Tampa locals 80% of the time and am only rarely not in the top 3. Easily the most feared PM player in this half of FL

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
I would say that being a competitor is kinda irrelevant or situational. I would be one if I could travel further from where I live. I know I can Beat top players like Wizzy, Ken, Eiklemann, and Kaiju and can take games off of others like Esam, and Anther. I really want to travel to big tourneys to prove myself but it's not all that possible right now so I'm still getting the shaft on that.
it's not at all irrelevant. When someone asks who the best Yoshi is, they want to know who the best Yoshi is when it comes to actual pressured play, which involves competing and proving that you have skill and nerves to keep cool. You throw out these names of great players you can beat, often, but the only footage I've seen was one match against Wizzy, and to be blunt, it was an ugly match. I'm not saying you haven't improved, or even that that was an accurate representation of your skill, but hamyojo has clearly better represented himself as the best (provable) Yoshi.

Pretty much what I'm saying is, you talk a lot about your skill, and maybe you can back it up, but until you do, your post style just makes you look arrogant. Again, this isn't to say you aren't actually the best Yoshi in the world, for all I know that could be the case, but until you are able to go to a national and get good matches recorded, people are always going to assume you're just some naive dude who thinks he's good. So I guess just have some humility, man, that way when you start styling on noobs you'll prove you're good AND look like a humble baller doing it.

That's how I feel at least, and to be clear, I don't want to start a war or anything, this is just the impression I get sometimes.
Believe me when I say I don't doubt that you probably have more Yoshi Knowledge then anyone else here, and have been putting time in like no other, It's just I've personally learned recently that there is just no substitute for consistent practice against good player.

sheesh, i wasn't planning on typing this..

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
That match vs wizzy was long long ago. sure I don't have vods, and I plan on getting as much as I can from Paragon. I believe YoshiMaster now goes by Quinn.

Scatz

Smash Champion
It was supposed to be LOL!

Quinn definitely got mad tech under his belt, but I haven't seen him play in months now. I can say that if he had the EXP high/top players get, he'd definitely be a contender.

I guess I'll make sure to bring my recording setup to Paragon. Will probably just hook up to someone's TV.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
could be, I know quinn went by something before he changed it at CEO. We both did equally well there, both of us fighting a member of Liquid. I beat him in dittos multiple times and Esam had said that I do play better than him in general.

didds

Smash Lord
It was supposed to be LOL!

Quinn definitely got mad tech under his belt, but I haven't seen him play in months now. I can say that if he had the EXP high/top players get, he'd definitely be a contender.

I guess I'll make sure to bring my recording setup to Paragon. Will probably just hook up to someone's TV.
ah well damn, I'm not dumb! I'm Awesome!

Boiko

:drshrug:
How do you guys feel about Raptor when he was active or Shiny Zubat? 17th and 13th at Zenith respectively. And Zubat got like 4th at Comboed on Arrival.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
How do you guys feel about Raptor when he was active or Shiny Zubat? 17th and 13th at Zenith respectively. And Zubat got like 4th at Comboed on Arrival.
I thought raptor had the best spacing and neutral game of any of the Yoshi's so far, especially since it was so heavily brawl inspired so no one had any idea what to do. I haven't seen much Zubat tbh.

I've tried to hold my judgements though since it's so hard to know who the best yoshi's are with so much blatant lack of knowledge for fighting Yoshi. We get away with a ton of stuff we shouldn't just because people don't know the proper answer to stuff.

So basically... I am the best Yoshi

Boiko

I thought raptor had the best spacing and neutral game of any of the Yoshi's so far, especially since it was so heavily brawl inspired so no one had any idea what to do. I haven't seen much Zubat tbh.

I've tried to hold my judgements though since it's so hard to know who the best yoshi's are with so much blatant lack of knowledge for fighting Yoshi. We get away with a ton of stuff we shouldn't just because people don't know the proper answer to stuff.

So basically... I am the best Yoshi
I guess because I play with Raptor/Zubat so much I feel like I know that MU soooo well, but I have definitely seen them both get away with beating better players because of the silly things Yoshi can do.

I wish Raptor still played. </3

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol, Raptor never truly enjoyed the game. He was showing his point about that pretty often.

The real problem (after Yoshi's start playing well in their respective areas) is the traveling part. It was essentially a similar issue to Brawl yoshi's when this topic came up.

Boiko

Lol, Raptor never truly enjoyed the game. He was showing his point about that pretty often.
The only thing he didn't like is that he felt that PM made it "too easy to get in."
But whenever I play with him he says, "I miss playing PM."

Squib

Smash Rookie
NNID
Turtledude23456
Dang thanks for all the responses, I've just played with my buddy for the past year and was looking for someone to watch so I could finally beat my friends Ness

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Sorry tomb but saying you can beat people isn't enough you have to actually do it. Being knowledgable in the game does not equate to skill btw. When I was still playing right up until smash 4 was released, I'd say I had the best results/wins but now I really have no idea because I haven't seen any Yoshi really stand out at a major. Based on some of the replies on this thread though hamyojo beating strong Texas players makes me lean towards him. And maybe Zubat cause regional pride :^)

Last edited:

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
If someone advocates for their own superiority to others, unless that's clearly observable, it's usually not true. Tombo, you may be good, but at the moment it's not very easy to tell in the grand scheme of things.
Right now, best PM Yoshi that is known probably goes to @ hamyojo hamyojo
But honestly, the whole matter is shrouded in a bit of doubt at the moment, since it's not particularly clear. It's whatever, anyways. People get better all the time, this could change in the next month, you never know.

THE adversary

Smash Cadet
wait, whoa, raptor, the brawl yoshi who plays with wiichuk plays PM yoshi?
that's awesome, he was the one who got me into brawl and eventually PM yoshi in the first place

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
After this weekend at Shots Fired, I can definitely say that Zubat is on the come-up in terms of implementing Yoshi tech and dealing with MU's, but he still has a ways to go. His spacing is rough and his neutral still needs some work. His combos are decent and he can secure kills very well. Ledge guarding and stage presence is also very good.

Raptor has the best neutral from what I remember seeing of him, but as mentioned, he's now playing Smash 4 and I have yet to hear of him in PM lately.

Hamyojo for the obvious reasons: beating Texas players, being notable from streams, having a great combo game, being very technical based, having strong MU experience against some of Yoshi's harder MU's, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Yoshi player I know of has a solid neutral game. All of you need to focus on improving in neutral. That is all.

Last edited:

theOVEN

Smash Cadet
I played a lot of friendly dittos with @ hamyojo hamyojo at aftershock, he's legit. I think he could beat any of us in this thread pretty handily.
who's actually the best? eh, prolly some random sleeper yoshi training in the mountain
I have been training in the mountain though.

Last edited:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Hamyojo plays in one of the strongest, most active regions in the US atm. He has constant weekly training and practice with some of the best and will only get better from here on out.

Top Bottom