• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best neutral game?

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Not sure about a for definitive single answer, can't even be sure if I'm right about this stuff but afaik (based on own experience):

:4diddy: - Has good mobility and Monkey Flip only helps. Bananas give the opponent something to react to and deal with. Down tilt and grabs are your best friends.

:4sheik: - Insanely fast moves, great mobility, and needles are still a livelyhood. Great grab followups.

:4cloud::4cloud2: - Fast moves and very good range with that big 'ol sword. Blade Beam is a decent way to keep opponents at bay. Limit break makes his neutral incredibly scary as it gives him much stronger specials and makes his movement slightly faster both in the air and on ground.

:rosalina: - LumaLumaLumaLumaLumaLuma- *ahem* Sorry.
Anyhoo, Luma is basically her entire neutral and without it, she has to play a fair bit runaway until it comes back. That said, with it, it gives good stage control and technically doubles the damage and knockback of her attacks.

:4sonic: - With no *SPINDASH RREEEEEEEE* comments, Sonic has the fastest running speed in the game and this gives him the best on-ground movement in the entirety of the cast. Both Spin Dash and Spin Charge are quick combo and neutral tools and an uncharged Spin Charge can, on occasion, be mixed up into a grab.
His jab and F-tilt are also good moves, jab for intercepting grab and other uses, and F-tilt is good for getting space. His U-air is very good and can actually be used out of shield to catch most characters and combo either into itself or a N-air until various percents based on the character.
F-air can be used as an approaching attack.

If anyone can give any possible corrections, add anything to these characters, or add other characters, feel free. :)

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Not sure about a for definitive single answer, can't even be sure if I'm right about this stuff but afaik (based on own experience):

:4diddy: - Has good mobility and Monkey Flip only helps. Bananas give the opponent something to react to and deal with. Down tilt and grabs are your best friends.

:4sheik: - Insanely fast moves, great mobility, and needles are still a livelyhood. Great grab followups.

:4cloud::4cloud2: - Fast moves and very good range with that big 'ol sword. Blade Beam is a decent way to keep opponents at bay. Limit break makes his neutral incredibly scary as it gives him much stronger specials and makes his movement slightly faster both in the air and on ground.

Anyhoo, Luma is basically her entire neutral and without it, she has to play a fair bit runaway until it comes back. That said, with it, it gives good stage control and technically doubles the damage and knockback of her attacks.

:4sonic: - With no *SPINDASH RREEEEEEEE* comments, Sonic has the fastest running speed in the game and this gives him the best on-ground movement in the entirety of the cast. Both Spin Dash and Spin Charge are quick combo and neutral tools and an uncharged Spin Charge can, on occasion, be mixed up into a grab.
His jab and F-tilt are also good moves, jab for intercepting grab and other uses, and F-tilt is good for getting space. His U-air is very good and can actually be used out of shield to catch most characters and combo either into itself or a N-air until various percents based on the character.

If anyone can give any possible corrections, add anything to these characters, or add other characters, feel free. :)
:4pit: - Arrows.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion

I actually think that :4littlemac:has better movement than sonic even though sonic can run across the stage faster. Mac has better normals, better dash dance, trot dance and smashes. Sonic has to SDC shield stop everywhere or he'll end up skidding.
The only thing sonic has over mac in neutral is that his side b has startup iframes.

I think it's megaman, he has too many projectiles to control the pace of the match over everyone. :4megaman:

Last edited:

Snooper

Smash Rookie
:4cloud: has huge hitboxes and great mobility, especially with limit, so my vote would go to him.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I actually think that :4littlemac:has better movement than sonic even though sonic can run across the stage faster. Mac has better normals, better dash dance, trot dance and smashes. Sonic has to SDC shield stop everywhere or he'll end up skidding.
The only thing sonic has over mac in neutral is that his side b has startup iframes.

I think it's megaman, he has too many projectiles to control the pace of the match over everyone. :4megaman:
Ah, I see. Good call. But Sonic's initial dash is what is worse there. If you hold the stick just past the initial dash frames, you get the second much better skidding animation which can be cancelled into an attack almost instantly. You can kind of dash dance using this method, though I don't recommend it.

I don't see how I missed Megaman... I must have been tired yesterday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom