• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best moves of each type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Ftilts are lacking compared to the others, I sometimes forget about it cause jab is faster and has similar range but yeah, it's dumb powerful.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I feel like Robin's Bair should be somewhere on that list. It's F9, disjointed, and does 15%, though it has 30 frames of endlag (FAF: 40).

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I feel like Robin's Bair should be somewhere on that list. It's F9, disjointed, and does 15%, though it has 30 frames of endlag (FAF: 40).
As I explained in my post, most Bairs in this game are extremely good individual moves, so there's a lot of competition for mentions when listing the absolute best ones. I have added it though cause I had already mentioned Mii Sword's, which is uncannily similar in terms of speed, power, range and frame data.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
this is me speaking from experience here, but :4littlemac:should be rated #1 for best jab. It is frame 1, has insane priority and range, combos into a ton of stuff (dtilt, up B are the most common and useful ones.) and can be used to stuff approaches entirely. It is one of the safest jabs to throw out in the game, and grants some of the most reward (combos, kill setups, etc.)

Also, his Utilt is easily top 5, i daresay #3. It comes out frame 4 (find me 5 other utilts that come out that fast, i dare you) lasts 7 frames, can be used out of PP, can be spaced, used safely in neutral, is a great antiair (this move also has dumb priority and range) and combo's into itself, turnaround Dtilt and jab at low percents, upsmash and JC upsmash at mid percents, Up B at high percents (which can kill at certain percents) and even Up Angled Fsmash in some cases. to top it off, it covers his whole Body, both in front and behind him, and the end lag on it is so small, that you can safely hit someones shield with the backside of Utilt and be completely safe (which can be done easily with a PP in neutral.) Did i also mention its super easy to cover landings with this move (imagine ZSS utilt, but more ground speed.)

Also, his Up B is being well overlooked, because of its poor recovery for mac. I find it one of his best specials for a multitude of reasons. First off, it kills at 100-120% on the whole roster (that's boost kick levels of kill power). Second, it has kill setups (utilt, Dtilt, Jab) which are easy to get. 3rd, it is invincible on frame 1 and the hitbox comes out frame 3, while also having a disjoint so large it outranges mac's jab (and a lot of other jabs and tilts as well.) it serves as one of the best OoS options in the game, with some of the best kill power for an up B, with the best frame data, as well as invincibility frames, that is ridiculously easy to set up into. why this move has not even been mentioned is beyond me. I would put it in the top 10, not the best, but it offers way too much to mac to be overlooked just because of the height it gains.
Winner! TBH i was just too lazy to look it up LOL. im not really gonna argue the F3 tilts. But i feel it is up there over the F4 tilts, as in general mac's tilt has more uses than their's does and much more utility.
Sorry if i was misunderstood. I said that i wasn't gonna argue the F3 tilts because i feel little mac's isn't at that level. Also, people still seem to be overlooking little mac's up B and the fact that it literally has everything you could want out of an Up B (barring the recovery aspect of course.) Frame 1 invic. with frame 3 hitbox, kills around 100%, is easy to get set up from a jab or tilt, and has a very good disjoint hitbox in front of it.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
Lil' Mac's UpB is like a single use Witch Twist. Of course there's minor differences, but they are more or less the same move. If Witch Twist is among one of the best UpBs, then Risin' Uppercut should deserve some sort of mention, if not a top 10 or 15 mention.

If only Lil' Mac could use his UpB twice in a row... lol

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Lil' Mac's UpB is like a single use Witch Twist. Of course there's minor differences, but they are more or less the same move. If Witch Twist is among one of the best UpBs, then Risin' Uppercut should deserve some sort of mention, if not a top 10 or 15 mention.

If only Lil' Mac could use his UpB twice in a row... lol
But WT not putting you into freefall is part of why it's so good. That, and the combos you can get out of WT1.
(plus the combo breaker thing, but that goes for both).

Rageg_

Smash Rookie
Not to be biased, (as a Game and watch main myself), but I think that game and watch's aerials are pretty good. Though his Dair kinda sucks in sm4sh and his bair is only OK, his uair is good for juggling and has almost no lag. Also his fair is great for combos.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I don't see a Mewtwo in this, he should be there especially when his fair is just like Sheik's but with more damage and kill power.
Guys, this is literally a year old thread. I'm not even sure how the other guy found it...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And this already had an "upgraded" version called where every character had their moves ranked in tiers whose exact name escapes me right now (though it has been very inactive as well).
Anyway I guess leaving this open would help nobody and therefore, I'm closing it.
If someone PMs me the link to the "newer" thread I'll link it to this post.
:196:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom