• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best, most efficient kill moves for every character

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
These are the, in my opinion, most efficient killing moves, which are fast and powerful.
:4bayonetta: Bair
:4bowser: Uair
:4bowserjr: Dsmash
:4falcon: Fair/Fsmash
:4charizard: Bair
:4cloud: Limit Cross Slash
:4corrin: Side B
:4dedede: Dsmash
:4darkpit:/:4pit: Side B
:4diddy: Usmash
:4dk: Uair
:4drmario:/:4mario: Usmash
:4duckhunt: Uair
:4falco: Bair
:4fox:Usmash
:4ganondorf: Side tilt
:4greninja: Fair
:4myfriends: Fair
:4jigglypuff: Bair
:4kirby: Bair
:4littlemac:Forward tilt
:4link: Usmash
:4lucario: Usmash
:4lucas: Bair
:4lucina:/:4marth: Fsmash
:4luigi: Usmash
:4megaman: Bair
:4metaknight: Fsmash
:4mewtwo: Fair
:4gaw: Fasmash
:4ness: Bthrow
:4olimar: Purple Bair
:4pacman: Down B (launched)
:4palutena: Uair
:4peach: Golf Fsmash
:4pikachu: Fsmash
:4rob: Uair
:4robinm: Fair
:rosalina: Luma jab
:4feroy: Usmash
:4ryu: Up B
:4samus: Nuetral B
:4sheik: Usmash
:4shulk: Fsmash
:4sonic: Bair
:4tlink: Fsmash
:4villager: Down B
:4wario: Down B
:4wiifitm: Fsmash
:4yoshi: Uair
:4zelda: Bair
:4zss: Up B
If you have any corrections, please let me know, so I can make this list more accurate!

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
:4greninja: Bair as a kill move? Fair or U-smash are far more effective for killing. Bair is more of a combo move (unless you're going for a stage spike).
:4littlemac: Surprised you picked F-tilt over any of his smashes or KO Punch... Not that F-tilt's bad, but I'm not sure it's the best.
:4luigi: U-smash is good, but Up-B is equally so.
:4gaw: No mention of #9? Also, I tend to find D-smash to be the least effective of his smashes.
:4pacman: The hydrant is a good KO option, but moreso from hitting it rather than merely dropping it.
:4peach: Tennis racket has the most knockback of her F-smash, plus I'd say Fair is far more efficient.
:4pikachu: F-smash is OK, but Down-B is good too (especially out of U-throw or D-throw).
:rosalina: I'd say Uair.
:4shulk: First of all, Smash art. Secondly, I think Side-B is rare in higher level play. More like Fair/Bair/Up-B. If you can land an F-smash or U-smash, those would be more effective, but they're harder to land.
:4villager: No. Just no. Uair can kill, but it's not what I use to try to kill. More like F-smash or Down-B (growth, axe, or falling) when I'm going for a quick KO.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4lucina:/:4marth: Foward Smash for both is a billion times better than Shield Breaker. Unless you are talking about raw power on a shield break.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
:4olimar: Purple fair doesn't start killing till around 130 and that's near the edge of the stage. His favorite kill moves are purple Uair, purple bair, and pretty much any variant of fsmash bar white. I'd chose fsmash, no specific color. Purple's the strongest, but Oli also likes red/blue/yellow for their range.
:4charizard:I'd say bair for him. Fair's also pretty good.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Hard to say the definitive best single kill move, but here are some moves that are good for getting the kill for all of the characters. I think I got everyone, except for the Miis. Might have missed 1 or 2 characters
For :4link:, its probably up tilt, or forward air. Its not super risky if spaced correctly, fair is super strong and good for edgeguarding., and can combo off of a bomb. Up smash is a good up smash but it isn't the most efficient way to get kills with Link, since its punishable and isn't a move that combos for a kill confirm. Good anti air though.
:4marth:'s most efficient kill move isn't Shieldbreaker. Forward smash of course, one of the best punish tools in the game. But I'd say its tipper fair or bair for edgeguards (since Marth excels at them and relys on them for some kills) onstage, I'd say up tilt or forward tilt, especially after a jab. Tipper Up air as well, off of the down throw 50/50, and Tipper nair, which is one of the strongest nairs in the game.
:4falcon:bair is incredibly powerful. Up air isn't as strong as it once was but still good. Raw raptor boost even.
:4mario: - Up smash, bair, fair, up air, and up b. Even back throw. Mario has a lot of killpower
:4cloud: - Limit Cross Slash, Up air or spaced bair. Dash attack
:4myfriends: - Fair, Bair, Up air, Dash attack has great range and power
:4feroy: - sweetspot aerials, or sweetspot up tilt, sometimes forward smash/up smash out of first hit nair.
:4diddy: - up smash because of down tilt --> up smash, fair, bair, occasionally up air
:4robinm: - Up air out of down throw, and bair.
:4metaknight: - Forward Smash, its strong and has little lag. Shuttle Loop, Bair is surprisingly very powerful
:4palutena: - Dash attack and bair, since they both have invincibility. And up air of course.
:4zss: - Up air, Boost Kick, Flip Kick, bair
:4sheik: - Vanish, Up air, bouncing fish
:4jigglypuff: - Bair, Rest
:4corrinf: - Dragon Lunge, Forward Smash with its insane range. Up air. Up air has massive range and one of the best aerials in the game.
:4fox: - Up air, Bair, Up Smash since its fast and an extremely good punish tool. Confirms out of dair or reverse forward tilt too.
:4falco: - Falco's bair is super strong. Up smash, fair for edgeguarding, and up air off the top.
:4dk: - Up air from the ding dong, bair for edgeguarding and kills. Sweetspot up tilt is a good anti-air
:4bayonetta: - Nair, up air, smash attacks after Witch Time...
:4dedede: - Bair, Up air
:4bowserjr: - Bair, Fair, Forward Smash/Up smash
:4lucario: - Bair, up air, Force Palm has range with aura and is a kill when you command grab. Almost anything with aura really
:4pit::4darkpit: - Up smash is a great anti-air and kill move, bair, Uppercut/Electroshock arms, and forward throw
:4kirby: - Up smash, down smash, bair
:4ryu: - True SHORYUKEN
:rosalina: - Luma up air...
:4bowser: - Up air, bair, forward smash, up smash
:4rob: - up throw, up air, down air
:4charizard: - Up throw is arguably the best up throw in the game, although :4mewtwo:'s is more commonly seen. Bair is ridiculously strong, up air, flare blitz occasionally
:4mewtwo: - Up throw, one of the best and consistent kill throws, Fair, bair
:4drmario: - Up b, forward smash, fair out of down throw or as a punish
:4duckhunt: - Smash attacks, up air
:4littlemac: - Up b, side b, smash attacks
:4luigi: - up smash, Up b Shoryuken, bair, nair
:4lucina: - Forward Smash/Up Smash
:4samus: - Screw Attack, Forward Smash, Bair, Nair is hella strong
:4wiifit: - Up smash? Bair, side b. Don't really know
:4peach: - Crown Smack Forward Air, Forward Throw, Up smash
:4lucas: - Up throw, forward air sweetspot, up air
:4ganondorf: - Up air, forward tilt, Dair, bair, Flame Choke offstage if that counts
:4megaman: - Bair, up air, a shoryuken up tilt
:4zelda: - up air, Farore's Wind Up B
:4greninja: - Fair, Up smash, up air
:4shulk: - Smash Monado up tilt, Jump monado Up air, forward smash, fair/bair for edgeguards and kills
:4sonic: - that damn forward smash, up air off the top, bair is strong
:4pikachu: - Thunder, Up smash, forward smash
:4tlink: - Up smash, up air, back throw, forward air
:4villager: - Bowling Ball, Three turnip up air, up smash, up tilt
:4pacman: - Hydrant setups, up smash with the bell thing that paralyzes. And the key. Also Side b
:4gaw: - Toot toot up air, Up smash, and fair
:4yoshi: - Up air, Forward Air
:4olimar: - Purple Pikmin aerials..? Forward smash
:4wario2: - Wario Waft, bair
:4ness: - Back Throw, big head up air, bair, forward smash, and down smash to punish people on the ledge.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
If you mean power and power alone, then yes, Marth and Lucina's fully charged Shield Breaker is their strongest move. Marth's can KO at the ledge at 20% tippered, Lucina's is usually 30-35%.
If you mean their absolute best KO move, though, it's FSmash. It's a Frame 10 (though more often than not you'll hit it Frame 11 or 12) with massive range, that moves at an arc, can and will 2 frame, that has setups that lead into it and on top of that, it has stupid KO power. Lucina's fresh FSmash when she's above 100% is absurd, and your FSmash should always be fresh when you use it anyway. Going anywhere near the last quarter of the stage against an enraged Lucina is suicide. Off the top of my head, some of the stuff I was able to do with it...
  • 2-framed :4fox: at 70%, with fresh, rageless FSmash, and I got the KO;
  • Punished an airdodge midstage against an :4mewtwo: at 56%, with single stale, rage 2 FSmash, KO'd;
  • Punished an unsafe aerial get up from :4sonic: at 59%, with fresh, rage 2 FSmash. KO'd. (It looked like it would've KO'd even earlier as well);
  • Really, just all the times I KO'd anyone between 60-80% when they were in the last quarter of the stage. Bonus points for all the times I was able to get my setups into FSmash extra early thanks to rage, like when I was able to do DB1>Nair1>FSmash at 70% once, which is ages before it's actually supposed to work.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
If you mean power and power alone, then yes, Marth and Lucina's fully charged Shield Breaker is their strongest move. Marth's can KO at the ledge at 20% tippered, Lucina's is usually 30-35%.
If you mean their absolute best KO move, though, it's FSmash. It's a Frame 10 (though more often than not you'll hit it Frame 11 or 12) with massive range, that moves at an arc, can and will 2 frame, that has setups that lead into it and on top of that, it has stupid KO power. Lucina's fresh FSmash when she's above 100% is absurd, and your FSmash should always be fresh when you use it anyway. Going anywhere near the last quarter of the stage against an enraged Lucina is suicide. Off the top of my head, some of the stuff I was able to do with it...
  • 2-framed :4fox: at 70%, with fresh, rageless FSmash, and I got the KO;
  • Punished an airdodge midstage against an :4mewtwo: at 56%, with single stale, rage 2 FSmash, KO'd;
  • Punished an unsafe aerial get up from :4sonic: at 59%, with fresh, rage 2 FSmash. KO'd. (It looked like it would've KO'd even earlier as well);
  • Really, just all the times I KO'd anyone between 60-80% when they were in the last quarter of the stage. Bonus points for all the times I was able to get my setups into FSmash extra early thanks to rage, like when I was able to do DB1>Nair1>FSmash at 70% once, which is ages before it's actually supposed to work.
Rage makes things more powerful than they should be. its insane how strong smash attacks are. Lucina's F smash is pretty stupid strong for no reason, same with the tipper sometimes. If there's ever a future patch, I wouldn't mind seeing the Tipper nerfed slightly as well as Lucina's forward smash power. I think it being toned down a bit would be good because rage is a big factor and so dumb at times. And on top of the fact that Smashville is the most popular legal stage and it has small side blast zones.
But yeah, Forward Smash from Marcina is one of the best punish tools in the game, and being among the fastest forward smashes along with :4pit::4darkpit: 's and :4samus:'s Forward smashes. It has good range, but I wouldn't say it has massive range, its range is similar or less to Mewtwo's down tilt and Sonic's F smash (which is even dumber)
Marth's Forward Smash definitely doesn't have as much range as it did in Melee because he doesn't step or lunge as much anymore. So thats why dash cancel forward smashes are really nice to help extend the range, and its something I've implemented into my game.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Nah, mate, they definitely don't need a nerf. They're strong as hell and are fast, but they have a century of endlag after (39 frames, one of the biggest windows there are in the game if you don't count stuff like Rest).
Marcina still outrage Sonic and M2's FSmash by a considerable margin, and remember, even if they had the same range, Marcina's still really massively disjointed alongside actually going in an arc, which helps the range.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Nah, mate, they definitely don't need a nerf. They're strong as hell and are fast, but they have a century of endlag after (39 frames, one of the biggest windows there are in the game if you don't count stuff like Rest).
Marcina still outrage Sonic and M2's FSmash by a considerable margin, and remember, even if they had the same range, Marcina's still really massively disjointed alongside actually going in an arc, which helps the range.
I meant Mewtwo's Down tilt. I'm not begging for this nerf and I'm fine if they never change it but at the same time I wouldn't mind if it got a bit of a tone down. Like you said, they are stupid strong sometimes
Just my opinion on it.

Last edited:

ShadowCalibur

Smash Apprentice
:4feroy: neutral special has basically no start up or ending lag and is very powerful even just tapping the button can deal good damage the sweet/sourspot thing doesnt seem the matter due to the explosion all around the blade and is good for edgegaurding toofsmash is the best smash in the game beacause of its damage knockback and once again no startorend lag both options are very safe

Nah

Smash Champion
Lucina needs the raw power of Fsmash since her moveset isn't loaded with kill moves like Marth's. The only things that kill at reasonable percents for her outside of stage spikes and edgeguards are Fsmash, Usmash, and in situations where you can get it, charged Shield Breaker and Dancing Blade finishers.

You could nerf Marth Fsmash and that would be fine, as he hardly needs it.
:4feroy: neutral special has basically no start up or ending lag and is very powerful even just tapping the button can deal good damage the sweet/sourspot thing doesnt seem the matter due to the explosion all around the blade and is good for edgegaurding toofsmash is the best smash in the game beacause of its damage knockback and once again no startorend lag both options are very safe
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Roy

Fsmash
Start-up: 13 frames
Endlag: 39 frames
-25/-20 on shield

Flare Blade
Start-up: 22 frames
Endlag: 18 frames

soooooooooooooo

Roy's Fsmash is not safe, and Flare Blade has start-up, though relatively little endlag

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
The only KO move Lucina really loses is FTilt, though. Her FTilt usually only KOs at the ledge.
Her Up Air still KOs really well, her Bair is amazing, people endlessly try to tank her Fairs at KO% because they think they'll never die to it but they're mistaken, and Nair also still KOs really well (not even counting that it's mostly a setup/stuff out tool in neutral anyway rather than killing), and her Dair is terrible like Marth's, but atleast it has niche spiking and edgeguarding roles like Marth's.
Up Tilt is also extremely underrated as a kill option as well. At the situations you're likely to use it to kill, it doesn't really kill midweights any later than, like 140%. And that is midweights. Using fresh Up Tilt as an anti air against Sheiks with Rage 1 and 2 has gotten me KOs as early as 115%.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's really a no-brainer that the Charge Shot is the most efficient kill move for Samus. 26% damage, high knock-back, capable of breaking shields with a well placed bomb or super missile.

Top Bottom