• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best mii brawler set?

Tiffany

Smash Rookie
I get this is opinion based mostly but overall what would be the best set for mii brawler. I'm currently using 1231.

EternalSucc

Smash Rookie
My Mii Brawler set for SSBU is 1321.
For B (Or Special Move), I use the Shot Put. It really isn't useful when using on enemies regularly, but in a situation when the enemy attempts a recovery from the bottom blast zone, you can time your throw and aim right so the shot put shoots off the edge, possibly hitting the enemy which stops their recovery from working.

For Side-B, I use Onslaught as it is superior over other Side-Bs as when the opponent is at 100% or more damage, you can finish with the Onslaught, launching the enemy into the air which blasts them 2/3's of the time depending on the eney's damage.

For Up-B (Or Recovery), I use the Upthrust as it can recover higher than other Up-B's, and can be an ok move to use against your enemy. If an enemy attempts to make sure that you can't recover after getting thrown off the stage, you can Upthrust, dealing damage, cancelling the enemy's attack, and recovering from falling off the stage.

Lastly, For Down-B, I use the Head On Assault. This is a move the sizes up to other Down-Bs, and is relatively is a good move. If you throw your enemy off the stage, and you want to attack making sure the can't use their Up-B, you can use this and dig them down into the blast zone. This is risky though, as if you miss, you will go diagonally into the Bottom Blast Zone, surely killing you unless your enemy somehow saves you by hitting you in air, causing you to be able to use an Up-B.

MetallicCactus

Smash Rookie
Personally, I use 2 for my b, 3 for side, 1 for up, and 1 for down.

I use 2 for normal B because its pretty ok, i'd use shot put but i suck lmao
I use 3 for side b because it can do some interesting combos
I use 1 for up b because its ok recovery and good comboing
I use 1 for down b because its really great at launching and getting back from being up too high, although getting back up from using it is a disability.

Zackolot

Smash Rookie
1111 for me
Shotput is amazing at hitting a 2 frame, I'm usually able to cover their recovery on reaction. Other than that, it's a good midrange tool against slow characters; forces them to jump away since it does so much shield damage.

Onslaught is weird and I might change it, but there have been cases where I've killed medium weights at 60% with it due to rage. I like to use it when they shield to read their jump after I empty hop. It can also cover roll away this way, especially with the buff.

Axe kick is decent as a recovery and broken as a spike. It's basically a Chrom up-b that snaps ledge and has an optional second hit, except you can actually move horizontally with it. It also kills your opponent first in most cases. Perfect for covering airdodges off-stage.

Head on is pretty subpar as a kill move from my experience unless they DI wrong. I usually use it to stall my aerial descent if my opponent tries to juggle me, or if I'm in the top blast zone and they can't see my character. I haven't tested the consistency of the shield break yet. The only reason I still use it is because I don't like the other two options.

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
I use 1132 for Brawler. Shot Put is an incredible edgeguarding projectile; it's basically the Belmont's axe. I was initially torn between Onslaught or Suplex for side-b, but ultimately opted for Onslaught because I noticed the set kind of struggled to kill without it. Thrust Uppercut is easily the best up-b for me because it comes out on frame 3, making it an insanely good OoS option that does really good damage. Finally, I use Feint Jump for down-b because it helps out with Brawler's otherwise poor recovery while also acting as a great landing mixup.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Just recently got into using Mii Brawler a lot and I'm currently focusing on 1122 (Shot Put, Onslaught, Helicopter Kick, Feint Jump).

Shot Put has a really good angle for edgeguarding and is also the best option for breversing and wavebouncing to aid with mixing up landings. I find Exploding Side Kick to be pointless and while the Mach Punch supposedly has really good kill power (I've only tested it in the Mii Creator training), I don't like how long it takes to come out for such a short ranged move and the air stall can actually be a bad thing since if you try to intercept an aerial opponent with it and miss, they'll likely get to the ground before you, leaving you open to juggles.

Onslaught has the most range of the side specials and kills really well and I find it works well with how many tech chases Brawler can start. I was flipping back and forth between it and Suplex but Suplex has no kill potential and while it is a command grab, it's incredibly short ranged. Not sure how strong Burning Dropkick is but it's rather short ranged. It is however the only side special that doesn't put Brawler in the helpless state so theoretically it could be the best one for helping with recovery.

Up special is the one I'm the most iffy on. I'm currently going with Helicopter Kick for the power it has when holding the direction Brawler is facing but the other two have their own merits. Thrust Uppercut is the fastest of them, being frame 3 and therefore being the fastest out of shield option for Brawler as well. Doesn't have much kill power from what I've seen though. Soaring Axe Kick is the best for vertical recovery distance and it's basically a better Climhazzard since you can choose to spike or not just like Cl;imhazzard but it also snaps to ledge on the way up which Climhazzard doesn't do.

Feint Jump is just an amazing tool that I can't see being worth replacing. Invincible from frames 2-4 iirc, there's the mixup of kicking between platforms, onto platforms or not kicking and going through any platforms and it helps with recovery. Head-On Assault isn't bad, it has a lot of power and generally makes it so characters can't challenge Brawler directly from below but moves like that tend to become predictable and the easy answer to them is to just attack from diagonally below rather than directly below. Counter Throw is probably useless. I don't know if it has high damage or launching power but from what I've read, it doesn't counter projectiles and it doesn't counter anything that hits Brawlers feet. That and it's just a counter in general meaning it requires a read to even be useful while Head-On Assault and Feint Jump have far more uses to them.

Burando

Smash Rookie
I’m of the mindset that every special has its use. Since you went into a lot of detail on the ones you picked, I’ll throw some thoughts on the ones you overlooked.

Counter Throw does 1.5x the damage of the attack, and has absurd launching power, but the best trait is that it launches your opponent behind you, so it’s nasty if you get pushed to the ledge. Many have pointed out the limited range, so you have to be very selective, but the payoff is it’ll often just kill your opponent when it lands.

Burning dropkick damage is respectable and is fairly forgiving if blocked. It’s great for catching rolls, but so are the other two options, and it won’t kill til 130+ at the ledge. You can try to catch an opponent off-stage with it though, if you’re feeling gutsy. Mostly it provides a horizontal recovery option, which opens up your down-b to be used for head-on or counter.

Exploding sidekick catches people more frequently than you think it should. The actual kick portion has super armor, and the lag is short for the shield stun it provides. If it gets blocked, you can catch the punish with an axe kick or head-on, or a suplex or dropkick if they feel like being defensive.

Some special moves synergize better together than others, but you can have multiple usable sets with variable combinations.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I did a bit more testing with some of his options. Soaring Axe Kick actually seems to provide rather equal vertical and horizontal distance with Thrust Uppercut though the former reaches its peak faster, the latter goes horizontal faster (SAK has you fall faster since you reach the peak faster, then you just drift while TU can be angled like Super Jump Punch and Blazer) and the hitbox comes out faster. Only use I see for SAK is the suicide kill factor offstage and maybe power onstage if the down kick is strong since TU is pretty weak when it comes to launch power.

Counter Throw did seem insanely powerful when I tested on Warlock Punch and a charged Ganon fsmash but then seemed far weaker against Pit's first hit of fsmash. Makes sense due to the multiplier but this also means it's heavily mu dependent. Multihits aren't as worth countering like Pichu fsmash and it doesn't even sound like you can counter projectiles like Olimar's smashes. Plus Feint Jump just seems way too valuable for recovery and disadvantage in general. With it, your opponent has to factor in where you are, where you can drift, airdodge and double jump to and where you can Feint Jump too.

If Exploding Side Kick has armor then it's probably more accurate to compare it to Warlock Punch than Falcon Punch though it's niche either way. All the neutral specials are though but I still prefer Shotput for deterring low recoveries and for the breverse and wavebounce potential. Edit: does ESK provide armor in the air too? Might give it more value if so. Being safe on block doesn't seem noteworthy with how slow it is.

Still need to test Burning Dropkick, if it's as safe on block as people make it out to be then it might be worth it. Would also make Brawler's horizontal recovery pretty crazy with BD, FJ and HK. And as you said, using BD frees up down special a bit or even up special if you want a better vertical recovery than HK.

Gonna also test out TU online to see how good it is OoS. Can't really test on training since many neutral specials are projectiles or overly powerful moves like Warlock/Falcon/Giant Punch and the AI always charges when set to side smash, making it safer on shield. I also wanna test how good HK is OoS since it's the most powerful up special and it's tied for Brawler's 3rd fastest OoS option, only behind TU and nair. Edit 2: also gonna test for any kill confirms with HK. Current theories are with landing late nair, landing uair, maybe landing fair 1 and jab locking with jab 1 after a missed tech. All of these followed by HK to see if they kill confirm.

Still thinking of sticking mostly with 1122 but might also go to 1132 from time to time and possibly add in 1222 or 1232.

Last edited:

Burando

Smash Rookie
Exploding kick super armor is active in the air as well, but it’s only active after the charge, right about when they start to push the foot forward for the kick. (I don’t have the exact frames unfortunately). It comes out a little faster than Falcon Punch and is a tad weaker, but it also pushes you forward a bit, making the range deceptive. The neutral’s are all niche and it’s hard to argue against having the only available projectile in the arsenal, but the other two options have their uses.
Burning Dropkick is punishable on block, but not by grabs and nairs like most go-to shield punishes. You still have some lag, but it pushes you away after connecting. So I wouldn’t call it safe, but it us forgiving if the opponent hasn’t had to block enough of them to figure out the spacing.

Last edited:

mrguy321

Smash Cadet
shotput for edge guard, as well as decently safe projectile mixup. drop kick for recovery, decently fast, slight disjoint, and safe on shield for some characters. axe kick because you can barely recover below ledge without it. flip only for recovery. this setup lacks the killpower other moves have (lacks relative to the moves, no overall sucky), but it gives you the best recovery, along with great viability with the way you engage and a niche spacing mixup. i wanted mach punch for a great offstage edge guard and heli kick for greater combo potential, but without any one of the specials im using, it just doesnt work for me. they need to change aspects of some of his specials. speaking of changes im going to make a mii brawler rework post, check it out

prady176

Smash Rookie
I get this is opinion based mostly but overall what would be the best set for mii brawler. I'm currently using 1231.
My moveset is 3312 (Exploding Side Kick, Onslaught, Soaring Axe Kick, Feint Jump)

Even though Shot Put is good in its own right, I feel like Exploding Side Kick is a better move because, despite its slow speed, it has INCREDIBLE launching capabilities. It usually goes well with Onslaught. Note: It's best to use this move when your opponents are stunned and easy to hit.

Onslaught is definitely the best side special because it deals a load of damage and can be followed up with a launching move. (I prefer using Exploding Side Kick immediately after the opponent lands on the ground.

Soaring Axe Kick is a great move overall, and can be used in aggressive and defensive plays. For aggressive plays, you can use this to land easy hits (and hopefully launch them in the process) using the midair followup (hitting B again at the peak of your jump). For defensive plays, you can use this for a decent recovery and to easily get high ground.

Feint Jump is a pretty controversial move, but is very useful to dodge attacks and hopefully land a surprise attack in the process.

Note: Make sure you use Brawler's neutral ground combo. It's great for opponents with high HP.

mrguy321

Smash Cadet
you lose a lot of options when you dont have shotput. its not a must have, but it provides more than the others. its not just for edge guarding. if that was the case, then i think mach punch would be a more viable pick, as you float when you activate it for the first time when in the air. i just think the neutral kick is garbage. its just a falcon punch, and is very easily replaced by fsmash. side special is indecisive. theres a lot of reasons to have any of them. its pretty much 50/50 with up special, as anyone using uppercut has too low a gsp for anyone to see them using it. i think heli would be picked more if the down b flip wasnt so laggy. despite that, i feel it almost necessary to have it as it as down b for recovery only. even though its strictly picked for recovery, you can use it as a mixup on stage.

Top Bottom