• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best method for nair oos?

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
I've know M2K uses c stick buffer to get the "earliest" nair (just up on c stick buffers jump), and this is the method i used for a few years. I then heard that falcos don't use c stick because it throws off the timing because moves have different shield lag, and that they visually look for the ripple on shield to disapear for when to input the jump. Been rattling my brain which one to use but thought i'd see if anyone knew the best/most consistent method

Cl0uD

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Cloud#07
I practiced in 20XX using Y until I could hit Pichu with NairOOS. Didn't take long to get it down either! Only about an hour of practice. If you're going for frame perfect Nair OOS every single time, C stick is the way to go. Also, Falco's should have a harder time because they need to waveshine so reacting to the 1 frame out is harder for Falco than Sheik

James Watrud

Smash Rookie
i always would just do a tap jump and press A for my Nair OOS, it made getting the short hop a lot more consistent for me as well

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Tap jump buffers jump for four frames but it's tricky because you have to keep holding up for the buffer to work, so it's hard to transition from holding up instantly to releasing to get nair.

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
I find the c-stick method is generally more consistent for me. Even though the jump is buffered, it's better to know how long shield stun last for different moves so you time it right. Because of that it really wouldn't matter which way you do it. Visually reacting to the shield stun effect seems like unnecessary effort and would just burn you out faster if you're playing against fox or falco.

Top Bottom