• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best melee smashers 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggz

Smash Hero
i dont understand how silent wolf and ka can be mentioned without me being in there too lol

ill just go ahead and assume everyone in this thread talking is a youtube fanboy who bases their life decisions off of videos.

you guys dont know anything about the west coast metagame. go back to camping with single shl and jocking m2k all day without ever leaving your state.

WA's top 4 is about even lol. Anyone one of us can beat, any other can beat in tournament. We all beat each other with all our characters.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
i dont understand how silent wolf and ka can be mentioned without me being in there too lol

ill just go ahead and assume everyone in this thread talking is a youtube fanboy who bases their life decisions off of videos.

you guys dont know anything about the west coast metagame. go back to camping with single shl and jocking m2k all day without ever leaving your state.
even on youtube eggz beats silent wolf in most of the fox dittos >.>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

i ****

next tourney match in melee fox dittos m2k

or marth on my falcon or fox =D

and the reason i didnt go fox on corneria is well

i like when foxes camp me lol makes me feel good like

there **** scared so they run and shoot lasers and then they

cant think right then their dead =D

and when azen took me 2 green greens i went fox

cause well azen scares me

and stop johning

all ur post have a john

jooooooooooooooooooooooooohns =D

either way

im adorable

and otto *****

edit- m2k has probably done more which makes him better i guess

but skill wise i think im up there =D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
WA's top 4 is about even lol. Anyone one of us can beat, any other can beat in tournament. We all beat each other with all our characters.
How come eric only beats Nate? :/

I think BC collectively thinks KA > SW > Eggz > DJ combo...

of course, that's all within a very minimal difference between the 4 of you for the most part.

EDIT: Best in the world was M2K... now I think it's pretty up in the air. WA, is good, yesh.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Who can beat whom in your own region, especially if the top 4 is the same every time, isn't worth much compared to OOS results. Ka-master is decidedly on another level in this regard.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I was better a year ago at FCD/SCC than I ever will be in the future probably.
That attitude is prolly gonna make you lose
lol
saying that you cant get better then you have been doesn't really make sense either. off course you can

Also, WTF @ the jiggly johns. even if mango was only was good with one character he could still be considered one of the best (or the best) as long as he wins
people play however they want. making him go fox or some crap to prove something is stupid
I don't think people understand what it feels like to be horribly beaten by someone 4 or so years younger than them. It's like... O_O wow.
You should play armada lol
im like twice as big as him (physically), hes 14 and he ****en destroys me (and everyone)
if he plays peach i cant take a stock off him lol
btw, it's a ****ing disgrace that armada has hardly been mentioned lolol

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
KDJ is the best. He wins all tournaments. Most consistent track record.
Jk.
But he was one of the tops.
For the most part everyone knows who is the top.
M2k, Mango, Shiz, Cort, Pc. Cactuar is becoming a real beast too.
Scar jumped outta of nowhere and deserves a lot of credit getting so good so fast.
The top 20 is what matters. Eggm and silent wolf are both up there in the teens at least. Haven't seen much from Ka master. Eggz is pretty decent. Chu is still up there in the top ten I'm pretty sure.
I have heard that Vidjo has a lot of talent and he is pretty solid so he is definitely in there.
Florida has been doing well especially our top 5.
There are a good amount of people still playing that deserve mention those are just people off the top of my head.

lol
saying that you cant get better then you have been doesn't really make sense either. off course you can

Also, WTF @ the jiggly johns. even if mango was only was good with one character he could still be considered one of the best (or the best) as long as he wins
people play however they want. making him go fox or some crap to prove something is stupid

im like twice as big as him (physically), hes 14 and he ****en destroys me (and everyone)
Peach isn't very good.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lol

I'm 14 too :/

Also, how good are you?

That is a determining factor for if someone is good or not.

It's one thing to ****, but it's another to **** good people.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
now? m2k would just win. but a few years back like 2005? mmm....

and cactuar isn't a beast now, he always was, ever since he could hold a controller, it was a matter of having the unnecessary need to display it

"Charles loses only when he chooses to"

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I have to admit this is one of the worst threads I've ever seen M2k comment in.

You should basically just say that Mango is the better player against you when he uses jiggs. It's no excuse that you don't practice anymore or your not good at a certain style of play. I actually think you guys played pretty evenly and Mango usually barely comes out on top. But if your complaining that you wouldn't want to play against his jiggs because your bad against jiggs is horribly flawed. I'm pretty sure you can beat any other jiggs in the game/ have not had as many problems with any other ones.

That's just flawed logic. Mango is the reason why you can't beat Jiggs not Jiggs the character in particular. Your bad against Jiggs? So that basically means that anyone who has ever played against you and lost can just claim "Well I'm bad against Marth". It's flawed logic, don't use it. I'm pretty sure if someone said that against you, you would probably counter with "No I'm just better than you". It doesn't matter that Marth is the more popular character, you still play it different and better than anyone else in the world at the moment.

I remember Ken had this same problem against KDJ. He never complained, he even said in a MLG interview that he just doesn't think he can beat KDJ because he was too random. He never complained that he just wasn't good against Sheik or any other real type of john publicly, just that KDJ was just a horrible matchup for him.

In other words, stop blaming the character matchup and start blaming Mango. It's his fault. Just because you think you could beat him if he used another character doesn't take anything away from the fact that Mango is probably somewhere in the top 3 Melee players right now (I'd probably put him even with PC Chris at 2nd, you at 1st obviously since you play/win more tournaments). Using the character blame game is a diss to Mango in my honest opinion. But I suppose Mango considers it a real compliment when you just don't want to play his Jiggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom