• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best melee smashers 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
well, since the release of brawl, many ppl stoped playing melee, but still, there are people that have keeped on melee, are there any top melee smashers out there still playing? who are still? I have seen mew2king sometimes, dunno bout the rest, who are the best from each state that u know now? wonder 2 what happend to some of the top players.

I´ll await responses...

Eggm

Smash Hero
Cactuar and silent spectre and jman are beasts as well. And chu. he got 2nd at georgia and still plays melee.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm the best, Mango/Shiz/PC(he's only a little rusty now) are some other notable ones. Vidjo's really good in teams still at Georgia, Chu is getting rusty over time, Cactuar is one of the best on EC easily right now, he improved significantly in this past year.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm the best, Mango/Shiz/PC(he's only a little rusty now) are some other notable ones. Vidjo's really good in teams still at Georgia, Chu is getting rusty over time, Cactuar is one of the best on EC easily right now, he improved significantly in this past year.
LOL when I read this post, I was thinking "Again? Jeeze, stop trying to be funny by sarcastically saying you're the best, guys." I then shifted my eyes to the left and realized it was M2k that said it, and then I realized that my thoughts were heresy against Mew2king and wouldn't go unpunished. I closed my window, realizing that I was helpless, as M2k can use his neutral B to break it down with ease. I dropped to the floor, filled with hopelessness and despair..... wondering... my time is limited.... when will it all en-

</epic monologue>

Story aside, I heard SoCal's got a good Melee community going right now (lucky sons of *****es). I'm hoping that AZ's scene will return (FORWARD QUIT NOOOO) and that Taj will play again or something. The best on the West right now are probably like, Mango, Zhu.... erm... Taj is super rusty (and WAS rusty in the latter half of 07 >__>), maybe some people in Washington? I'm not sure, I live in the Southwest. AZ's scene is looking VERY bleak right now. Like, if it wanted to be even touched in the future Melee community, like, Taj or Sean would have to play again, and this one dude Light would have to also step it the **** up.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Wrong. Except for the last two.
Yeah I was about say...

For WC, I'd say SS, Falcomist, Lucky, MikeHAZE, SilentWolf, Eggz, Lunin, Tang, and of course, Mango. Mango almost exclusively plays Falco / Fox and his Falco / Fox are probably the best on the WC... it's not fair =(

Mango's still really, really good. You don't know if you're the best. Especially judging from anything recent of yours and playing Mango less than a week ago. Ka-Master is still really really ****ing good, though none of you knew how good he was in the first place.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Mango's still really, really good. You don't know if you're the best. Especially judging from anything recent of yours and playing Mango less than a week ago. Ka-Master is still really really ****ing good, though none of you knew how good he was in the first place.
I knew(know) how good ka-master is, and Eggz too. Does Ka still play Melee?

Edit:

Get *****? You mean what I said about Mango?
Lol sorry zhu, im sure that seemed random, but theres an argument me and my friends have about who's the better falco between you, eggm, shiz and Mango, and i, for no real reason choose the Mango side of the argument. Thats +1 point for me, take THAT Nick, Sean and Jeorgon.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Mango is really really good, unfortunately he has no competition in socal and gets kinda bored of the game lol. M2K come down to socal after axis mangos lonely

I knew(know) how good ka-master is, and Eggz too. Does Ka still play Melee?

Edit:

Lol sorry zhu, im sure that seemed random, but theres an argument me and my friends have about who's the better falco between you, eggm, shiz and Mango, and i, for no real reason choose the Mango side of the argument. Thats +1 point for me, take THAT Nick, Sean and Jeorgon.
Trust me, you have no idea how good Ka-Master is.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Trust me, you have no idea how good Ka-Master is.
Oh yeah I forgot about Ka. If it helps, I would've put Ka / DJ on my list but I don't really know if they still play or not =/

I kinda have an idea of how good Ka is, unless he got a ton better since UCLA. It's always possible.

As of now, I've only played Mango once, and I beat him 3-2 in Falco dittos (yay friendlies). I played Eggm for like an hour and we were roughly the same level.

But times have changed and I hear that Mango ***** everyone in Socal and just beat SilentWolf 3-1 and 3-0 in Fox dittos and Eggm basically only loses to M2K in EC. Eggm has a better record, but I think Mango would be able to beat Eggm simply because Mango is ****ing smart as hell. The only thing I'm sure of is that they're both better than me =(

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Zhu, i think the problem here is that your forgetting that Matt.Zeb is the best falco ever.

Eggm and mango are both extremely ****, but we musn't forget Shiz and his amazing play at FAST 1, giving even M2K more than just a little trouble. Shiz runs right up there with the best in terms of technical skill and his laser precision is amazing. That said, Matt.Zeb is obviously the best.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu, i think the problem here is that your forgetting that Matt.Zeb is the best falco ever.

Eggm and mango are both extremely ****, but we musn't forget Shiz and his amazing play at FAST 1, giving even M2K more than just a little trouble. Shiz runs right up there with the best in terms of technical skill and his laser precision is amazing. That said, Matt.Zeb is obviously the best.
Well you were talking about me / eggm / mango loool.

**** West Coast East Coast All Day!!
I wish I visited EC when Melee was big ='(

Slhoka

Smash Lord
There are also quite a few good players in Europe, especially Amsah, Armada and Adam

(Conclusion : if you want to be a good Melee player in Europe, you better have many a in your nickname =p)

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Yeah I was about say...

For WC, I'd say SS, Falcomist, Lucky, MikeHAZE, SilentWolf, Eggz, Lunin, Tang, and of course, Mango. Mango almost exclusively plays Falco / Fox and his Falco / Fox are probably the best on the WC... it's not fair =(
u forget so many ppl zhu!
mexican is still really active and plays alot at my house.

oh yea dark mike still plays alot too but he doesnt own a cube so he only plays at my house (frequently)

home made waffles plays still

phil is also really good

i know im forgetting alot of people from the modesto area... i think all of the sac smashers moved to bawl too.

nd uhm i still play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom