• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best melee smashers 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
vanityangel you don't know anything

nothing gets withdrawn from youtube, the oc3 matches were put up regardless of what i wanted, but guess what, the FCD ones weren't. Back in my prime, I was a lot better than any of my actual youtube vids, by a lot. I can name a lot of instances. At pound2 me and chillin agreed to go back to poke stadium and I ***** him really hard and half way through the match jv made us restart the match. it never got put online. Drephen quit out of a match that was 99% done at FCD where I was 3 stocking him @ 60%, because "battlefield wasn't on random", I never saw that. I never saw FCD crews, any of my good FCD singles matches that I played and wanted to see, nor the FCD finals, nor any of my sets where I ***** chu (FCD, OC3, 1st set at smashtality, Georgia, and some others). I never saw me get 8 kills in teams at FCD with isai on my team when we went double sheik, I never saw any of chu biweekly stuff where I won like practically every one, nor C3s cept for like one ever. I 4 stocked Sliq at smashtality in 1:22, marth vs jiggs, then he said that the camera didn't record it >___> which I still think he's lying but he says he's not. I've never actually been able to stop anyone from anything before, in fact the opposite happens to me constantly. The only thing I have is tourney results, but cuz all my vids are bad, people like to say I'm overrated. I'm probably worse now because of Brawl and I don't play melee anymore outside of random big tourneys I'm able to go to, but a year ago that statement was definitely valid
*snore*

I only read the first sentence which was enough to tell you that yes ATVsmash did withdraw your videos but Mang0 re uploaded them against your will. I don't want an argument with you, I hold my opinion, you hold yours. we all know you **** and how much you **** so you don't need video evidence, it's kind of laaame.

It's also a combo video. It's **** comparatively to other combo videos, yeah, but people get Fat Falcon combos all the time. I think it's safe to say that there hasn't been an actual good video (Impressive wise) other than SDM's work, and it's not a person playing. Just my opinion. Trying to accurately judge off any video is usually pointless.

EDIT - thought you said "His video"
W/e. click my sig lol...

Jesi

Smash Ace
It's also a combo video. It's **** comparatively to other combo videos, yeah, but people get Fat Falcon combos all the time. I think it's safe to say that there hasn't been an actual good video (Impressive wise) other than SDM's work, and it's not a person playing. Just my opinion. Trying to accurately judge off any video is usually pointless.

EDIT - thought you said "His video"
W/e. click my sig lol...

Everyone gets fat combo videos except darkrain. :p haha! Nah, I kid, we always wanted to make him one but never got around to it. :\

PS We are having a melee tournament in October, melee only that is, run by darkrain & crew. OOS bonus, and pot is going to be pretty decent, I think were already at 1100+ for singles... have about 65 people registered so far. :) SW you should come out to our place again! ^_^

yeah I don't know how I ended up in this thread.... peace! :D

-Jesi

I'll come next time I go out there for family, whenever that may be =/
I'm glad there's still a Melee scene there though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I wish people recorded me at all. But no one here cares to get ***** on TV... they'll do it from the comfort of their home, but...

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
Favorite thing I did was on hyrule castle and comboed in the little path between the uper and lower part. It was like a 15 move combo and got him up to 300% damage then used a up to finish him. He literally didnt move for like 1 min

DrewB008

Smash Lord
people seem to misunderstand "best melee smashers" and think it means "everybody decent who still plays melee"

also m2k everybody knows youre the best in the world, except for silent wolf apparently. dont worry about not having enough vids, although fcd crews are on youtube

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
M2K is qual to roughly about 2 and 1/3 skill of silent wolf, so on the skill level comparison chart
Of the best smashers

PC-Chris( Chriz syzzbanjiksomething) 2.20 SW's
Azen (??????) 2.30 SW's
SepirothKen (Ken Hoang) 2.00 SW's
Thomas Tippman ( Flo-rida's Finest) 1.99 SW's

Again these calculations are not yet 100% accurate and may never be, they have about a 3% +/- margin of error, for example

On the List ChillinDude829 would be about .75 SW's, meaning hes about 3/4's as good as Silent Wolf, with the margin of error, he could be anywhere from .72 SW's to .78 SW's, this is proven to be scientifically accurate, just ask KillaOR

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
vanityangel you don't know anything

nothing gets withdrawn from youtube, the oc3 matches were put up regardless of what i wanted, but guess what, the FCD ones weren't. Back in my prime, I was a lot better than any of my actual youtube vids, by a lot. I can name a lot of instances. At pound2 me and chillin agreed to go back to poke stadium and I ***** him really hard and half way through the match jv made us restart the match. it never got put online. Drephen quit out of a match that was 99% done at FCD where I was 3 stocking him @ 60%, because "battlefield wasn't on random", I never saw that. I never saw FCD crews, any of my good FCD singles matches that I played and wanted to see, nor the FCD finals, nor any of my sets where I ***** chu (FCD, OC3, 1st set at smashtality, Georgia, and some others). I never saw me get 8 kills in teams at FCD with isai on my team when we went double sheik, I never saw any of chu biweekly stuff where I won like practically every one, nor C3s cept for like one ever. I 4 stocked Sliq at smashtality in 1:22, marth vs jiggs, then he said that the camera didn't record it >___> which I still think he's lying but he says he's not. I've never actually been able to stop anyone from anything before, in fact the opposite happens to me constantly. The only thing I have is tourney results, but cuz all my vids are bad, people like to say I'm overrated. I'm probably worse now because of Brawl and I don't play melee anymore outside of random big tourneys I'm able to go to, but a year ago that statement was definitely valid
Reading that makes me sad. :( It seems like M2K has to put up with a lot of unnecessary criticism and opposition. I'm sure there are plenty of instances where he receives his due recognition, but still...from everything he says, there are so many cases that doesn't hold true.

people seem to misunderstand "best melee smashers" and think it means "everybody decent who still plays melee"

also m2k everybody knows youre the best in the world, except for silent wolf apparently. dont worry about not having enough vids, although fcd crews are on youtube
That.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Trust me, you have no idea how good Ka-Master is.
All I've ever heard about Ka-master is either "He ****ing good" or " You have no idea how good Ka-master is"

So tell us please, HOW good IS Ka-Master?

On a side note, I also believe m2k is the best.

no ones even played mango recently lol. how can you just claim m2ks the best. i played ka in tourney yesterday and hes still way good as well.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
no ones even played mango recently lol. how can you just claim m2ks the best. i played ka in tourney yesterday and hes still way good as well.
Who's fault is that? M2K travels to tournaments and does well in them consistently. Mango doesn't. Of course M2K is heralded as the best, as he goes to tournaments, wins them, and does so regularly. Mango beating M2K in one tournament really proves nothing. If you want Mango to receive more credit, tell him to travel to more tourneys.

Simple as that.

inb4 I'm called a noob who doesn't go to tourneys. You don't need to be good, or even go to tourneys (despite me going), to use simple logic and common sense.

Corigames

Smash Hero
By that logic, I'm the best. I HAVE been playing melee recently and beating people. And those people say I'm ****ing good.
btw, that was @ silent wolf

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
dude mango is good but not the best..

he won 1 tournament it does not matter if we have not seen him play.. m2k has won many tournaments so thats y m2k is the best

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
seriously drop that, mangos good but im obviously better cuz i win tourneys all the time and i use tons of chars really well instead of just an amazing jiggs and decent fox, and I do better vs more people more often, not just at 1 tourney. age doesn't matter at all there's lots of kids that are really good, in fact i was more motivated as a kid cuz it was more interesting to me. I don't even play melee anymore really I just enter tourneys and hope to win them, I was better a year ago at FCD/SCC than I ever will be in the future probably.

Melee's over, it's time for Brawl. I can't believe I'm saying this but that's what it is to me now, there's not enough big tourneys for me to care about Melee anymore, that's what 06 and 07 inspired me for. I'm finally starting to love Brawl but yet the game is dying just as I'm getting really good (even though I only play at tourneys).

However, Melee's prime is way better than Brawl's prime, it's just hard to care anymore when most of the people quit

He's done very good at more than one tourney, and has a lot more than Jiggs and Fox lol. Think what you want I guess. and coreygames, that's a horrible comparison, your situation is nothing like this, shut up. I'm not saying mango's better, I'm just saying he might still be the best.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If I ever meet you M2K, can I MM you in Melee? I would just like to do that, at least once.

Also, I was ***** by Mang0. That was a year ago. I don't think people understand what it feels like to be horribly beaten by someone 4 or so years younger than them. It's like... O_O wow. It doesn't happen much. Then to find out that guy went on to win one of the last big tournaments, well. ****.

and coreygames, that's a horrible comparison, your situation is nothing like this, shut up.
Sarcasm

Mew2King

King of the Mews
ya but SW, I use a LOT of chars at REALLY high level. My current Sheik is around the same levels as KDJ used to be (if you disagree it's because you don't know me, ask Eggz about it, or any EC guys, or someone that's played my good-Sheik). I've really good with Peach, I'm really good with Fox, really good with Marth, really good w/ Falcon, DK, Doc, tons of random characters. If you're good at SSBM, it means you are GOOD AT SSBM. Meaning a lot of characters. The stuff you see on youtube is hardly any of anything, in fact I think it's rather terrible, I prefer to use a few characters but often it's bad to do so, but I am sincere when I say this that I am good with a lot of characters. Don't say then use them in tourney, I use marth/fox/sheik and sometimes falcon (for falcon dittos!!) in tourney very often, but apparantly what's recorded is all that exists to most people. I also don't care to "prove you wrong" like a lot of people tell me; that's what friendlies are for

the reason I'm good at brawl is because it's the same thing as melee, just a little different, but it's the same type of fighting game. I prefer using all MK now cuz he can do the most things and ATTACK YOU better than the other chars (even though camping is a better option, I decide to attack a lot because I don't like camping if I don't have to or don't think I have to). I would rather master 1 character. But I was really good with Marth when I started too, really good with DDD, I'm really good with Snake, I can use any character because I'm good at "smash". This is why Azen is good at smash, and both melee and brawl. He's smart and good at video games period, he can use a lot of characters well.

I don't really care if Mango beats me again because I'm done w/ Melee, I go to tourneys for money and cuz I have nothing else better to do on weekends and cuz I would rather use my ability than not use it, I don't even think I will win honestly, but a large portion of the reason is cuz I'm not good vs Jiggs compared to how I am vs all the other top tier / high tier characters at this point in time, and that I stopped playing Melee like half a year ago. My game relies around comboing, so I can do things like death grabs on fox, or long combos to other characters. Cactuar thinks that's like half the reason why I don't fight puff that well, I'm not really used to doing just 1 hit and running. In fact, when I play brawl, I try to follow all my attacks as best as possible, even with the minimal hitstun. That's just what I like to do, and how I like to play.

I am never quitting melee, but I stopped practicing the game after the summer of 07. If melee was dominant I would care more, I'm starting to understand ken's reasoning now when he told me this after MLG ended, but I was having too much fun to care.

He plays Fox Falco Falcon Marth and a few others at or near the same level as his puff. He mains Fox and Falco now. None of my assumptions of this possibility come from watching your videos, I don't watch videos. I played him for hours straight and pretty much explained a lot of things. I just don't think he should just not even be considered, like he has been by pretty much everyone.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
so tell him don't use puff against me in tourney, use Falco/Fox/Marth, one of those 3.

i heard he beat you in fox dittos, but when i played you in fox dittos at pound3 I remember we played like one or two and one of them I remember winning by like 3 stock low %, granted it was FD so it was biased, but the thing is I don't think ur that good at fox dittos. I didn't think eggz was that good at fox dittos either, so him winning against you guys with fox doesn't say much to me. I also remember playing mangos falco with marth and sheik and 3 stocking him both times, he didn't seem that good he just tried to abuse things that worked in his region like teching in place 5 times in a row when i down threw him with sheik cuz that works vs DSF but I just regrabbed him every time cuz Sheik can react if you do it perfectly.

I'm saying just cuz he does best vs you guys with fox doesn't mean his fox is the level of his puff, otherwise he would have used fox on me on corneria, but he stayed puff cuz he knows I don't know what I'm doing when I fight her.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
why don't you guys come to EC, so at least the crowd will be semi-split. When mango went to EC it was far more in his favor than mine even in my own region, if I went to WC it would be like everyone, that's the main thing that is stopping me from going, and why I wouldn't want to play there. Next FC? or something

Yeah SoCal can get crazy lol.
If there's another FC I'd go for sure, or something similar. Mango still has all his winning, so I'm sure he could be convinced to go.
Guess we'll wait and see.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
in response to that other guy, the FCD crews that I wanted weren't on youtube.

first off, taj beat an entire crew WITH MEWTWO in crews, I really wanted to see that

I also wanted to see, after i barely beat forwards sheik with marth (it was completely even the whole time, but a very interesting, good and close match), I had 1 stock to fight taj's 5, and I took 3 stock 45% with my one, cuz I was playing extremely well and really smart and doing really cool things, and I really wanted to see that. The one that got put up was much worse on my part.

edit - I don't want mango to go unless he uses non-jigglypuff vs me, cuz I think I'm bad vs her. If he does i'll team w/ him. I know he won't agree to that though, but you should ask anyway.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If mango were to win a set 3 outta 5 vs m2k with a space animal I would automatically consider him the best in the world forever. and i'm a huge supporter of m2k being the best right now.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
mew2king is way too nice.

jason, try concentrating on school mainly. best of luck, and you will always be best in melee in my eyes.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
m2k, just as you tell us your jons for your losses (controller, not playing well, sick etc..). When you talk about your "******" other people, you seem to always account to your own good play rather than taking into account possible excuses for them. On youtube, I see your comments as "Yea I can 3 stock _______ easy" and then when you lose to said person it's "Oh I wasn't playing well" or "My controller _______". Why do you have to be so defensive about yourself in every way possible. I don't know why you seem so insecure about being the best in melee, brawl or w/e. Who the hell cares, really? Beyond vgs, you're probably a nice guy, it's just I don't see the point in getting rattled up over these "best at melee threads". There's always going to be someone with a different opinion.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
all you guys opinions including Silent Wolf/Mango/Ka's hold no weight like two dimentional objects,
the funny part is that for some reason M2K feels compelled to defend himself but in reality none of those 3 players, no offense, are even in M2K's echelon.

Mango is a great player, and Silent Wolf and KA are pretty good, M2K has been and will always be greater than all of you guys + Mike Haze,

but not Tippman Tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom