• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best melee smashers 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Grunt said:
You and me Pichu Ditto...sometime.
where are you?
No! Better idea!

To determine the better Pichu between both of you. The first one to order me a Bean Burrito from a Taco Bell in GA and mails it to me in the next 3 minutes is obviously the better and more determined Pichu. :)

Enough stupidity. Record those matches. I wanna see 'em once they happen! :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
to all above posters, I would literally chaingrab your Pichu's with my Bowser followed by knockbacking Samus with tilts followed by 4 stocking Link with combos which I tend to be good at.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I would **** both of your Pichus with my Pichu.

I'll **** both of YOUR Pichus with my Pichu

I'll chaingrab all of your Pichus with Samus.

I'd chaingrab your Samus with Link, literally.

to all above posters, I would literally chaingrab your Pichu's with my Bowser followed by knockbacking Samus with tilts followed by 4 stocking Link with combos which I tend to be good at.

I'll Just Up Thaw Up-air U Guys Guys Then U Die @ Like 70 Cause Your Pichus

I'll just go "Lol, smash DI" then Bak throw fsmash you and then u die right away cus ur fawks
I'll just tippy you all cuz I'm Marf.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It was doomed from the start.
It had the potential for enlightened conversation based on pinions based on something you heard based on an old youtube video in which x player beat y player and therefore that's fact...

and mew2king getting super defensive and correcting everyone who doesn't acknowledge him as the undisputed king of all things smash bros.

ShadowMewtwo

Smash Cadet
Erm well im not one of the best but i am great with marth i like ssbm to me its alsome but its kinda sad i don't have a wii so i can't get the new supersmash brothers brawl is it any good but i think ill stick wit melee for now

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
It's more so of a hate for band-wagoning, I think.
Or people who say m2k is the best say so because they go by tourny results and what theyve seen from him playing...
In fact, if people only went by tourny results and what is realistic without caring about having their own unique opinion or whatever you'd probably have even more people in here saying m2k is the best, lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm trying to get the AZ scene going again. Trying real hard... well, not too hard... not overly hard... not hard...

Well, I'm holding a Melee tournament on Sept 20th... I'll link it somewhere...

Oh yeah. If Hugs quit, I think I'm the best Samus in the world. If you have a problem with me saying that, MM me.

brg

Smash Ace
I'm trying to get the AZ scene going again. Trying real hard... well, not too hard... not overly hard... not hard...

Well, I'm holding a Melee tournament on Sept 20th... I'll link it somewhere...

Oh yeah. If Hugs quit, I think I'm the best Samus in the world. If you have a problem with me saying that, MM me.
got vids??

VA

Smash Hero
It's more so of a hate for band-wagoning, I think.

Which is dumb, since you probably are legitimately the best smasher.
It's a dislike of the vast amount of m2k **** sucking more than anything.

Also it's kind of easy to judge m2k when he gets videos withdrawn from youtube because he "underperformed" (lost). It makes us aspiring smashers less likely to want to admit that he's so good when he does gay things like that.

debaser

Smash Lord
id say norcal is best on the west coast, just because they seem more active/have more recent videos

eggm scar and cactuar seem to be dominating east coast. aside from m2k of course

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
vanityangel you don't know anything

nothing gets withdrawn from youtube, the oc3 matches were put up regardless of what i wanted, but guess what, the FCD ones weren't. Back in my prime, I was a lot better than any of my actual youtube vids, by a lot. I can name a lot of instances. At pound2 me and chillin agreed to go back to poke stadium and I ***** him really hard and half way through the match jv made us restart the match. it never got put online. Drephen quit out of a match that was 99% done at FCD where I was 3 stocking him @ 60%, because "battlefield wasn't on random", I never saw that. I never saw FCD crews, any of my good FCD singles matches that I played and wanted to see, nor the FCD finals, nor any of my sets where I ***** chu (FCD, OC3, 1st set at smashtality, Georgia, and some others). I never saw me get 8 kills in teams at FCD with isai on my team when we went double sheik, I never saw any of chu biweekly stuff where I won like practically every one, nor C3s cept for like one ever. I 4 stocked Sliq at smashtality in 1:22, marth vs jiggs, then he said that the camera didn't record it >___> which I still think he's lying but he says he's not. I've never actually been able to stop anyone from anything before, in fact the opposite happens to me constantly. The only thing I have is tourney results, but cuz all my vids are bad, people like to say I'm overrated. I'm probably worse now because of Brawl and I don't play melee anymore outside of random big tourneys I'm able to go to, but a year ago that statement was definitely valid

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aw typo on last sentence

WA is good at melee
norcal we have a few asian ppl who are good
socal has mango and lucky

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
So I guess now we're saying M2K is ****ty in his vids?

Cause if so, I'm not sure I wanna see how good he /rly/ is.

Looks pretty **** beast already.

Best smasher ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom