• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best landing options for bowser?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Your mixups will always be limited, so you have to save your jump. Depending on the character, you may be forced to escape to ledge for a reset.

If the opponent throws a move too early, you can potentially air dodge down or whiff punish with DAir. If the opponent plays too safe, you can sometimes empty land or escape to ledge. The goal should be not to lose your double jump and die early or give away too much %. If you do take a lot of %, just focus on staying alive. Bowser with rage is still capable of making a come back.

xorop53

Smash Rookie
In general, avoid using your jump unless you're really in a spot of bother and need to mix up your aerial movement. Bowser has huge aerials so if you were, for example, facing the opponent while they tried to catch your landing, you could throw out a fair to try and beat out or trade with their attack. It's also good to know that downb snaps to ledge however Bowser does have weak ledge options from what I understand so be cautious. Overall, heavies have a very hard time landing so it's likely that you're not doing anything wrong.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When you're off stage and high in the air use Bowser Bomb right at the end of the ledge of stage. If you haven't mastered using Bowser Bomb in the air at the ledge of the stage I would recommend training yourself to do so until you get it right everytime. Though I would recommend not using it off stage as often when you're going up against characters with a counter.

I would also recommend using Whirling Fortress mid way up off stage so you can grab the ledge instead of going on stage getting punished.

Also use Flying Slam on your opponent when falling down in the middle of the stage when it appears you have no other options to land safely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom