• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best game to get involved in competitive?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've always wanted to do some competitive, but I'm not sure which game to start out with. I've been thinking Smash 64, Because I'm a Kirby main and Kirby's actually good in this game, But I've also been thinking About 4 and Ultimate, because they have more active communities and such. (Yes, i know Ultimate isn't out, i mean when it does come out.) Any suggestions?

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
If you want to use Kirby, Melee is not the game for you. He's simply one of the weakest characters.
64 doesn't have as big of a scene but if you find sm4sh and 64 both enjoyable they are still quite different and you could enjoy aspects of both.
It really depends on your restrictions. You could realistically try out both 64 and sm4sh. It's almost universally agreed sm4sh is currently a placeholder for sma5h. Since gameplay and what players have said about sma5h Kirby have both been of the agreement Kirby hasn't drastically changed, sm4sh for the next 5 months then switching to Ultimate might be the best option for you. But if you're able I'd try them both. But also, don't be discouraged by results. See what you enjoy playing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you want to use Kirby, Melee is not the game for you. He's simply one of the weakest characters.
64 doesn't have as big of a scene but if you find sm4sh and 64 both enjoyable they are still quite different and you could enjoy aspects of both.
It really depends on your restrictions. You could realistically try out both 64 and sm4sh. It's almost universally agreed sm4sh is currently a placeholder for sma5h. Since gameplay and what players have said about sma5h Kirby have both been of the agreement Kirby hasn't drastically changed, sm4sh for the next 5 months then switching to Ultimate might be the best option for you. But if you're able I'd try them both. But also, don't be discouraged by results. See what you enjoy playing.
Alright. Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.

Top Bottom