• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Game Ever Super Smash Bros Ultimate Poll Tournament!!!!

Best Wario Game?

• Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virtual Boy Wario Land

• Wario Land II

• Wario Land 3

• Wario Land 4

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Mario Land: Shake It!

• WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • WarioWare: Twisted!

• WarioWare: Touched!

• WarioWare: Smooth Moves

• WarioWare: D.I.Y.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Game & Wario

• WarioWare: Snapped!

• WarioWare Gold

• Wario World

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wario: Master of Disguise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hello internet! Welcome to the Poll Tournament! In this, we are going to host a series of polls where you, the public of SmashBoards, can vote on the best game in every series represented in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Roster! Then, once we have our winners, they will go head to head in a 1v1 bracket of voting to determine the best game of the bunch! After a trial run in the general discussion showed demand for it, I've decided to move this discussion to it's own thread and start from square 1.

I encourage you to debate below. Argue your favorite and why you think it should win. Each poll will be up for a full 24 hours! Our first poll, for the Best Super Mario game, is up and running so please, cast your vote and let your voice be heard!

Winners
  1. Super Mario Odyssey
  2. Yoshi's Story

Note: Spinoffs and sub-series will not be counted.
Note: You cannot change your vote afterwards. So make sure your vote is reflective of your true opinion. Not the lolz.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario Odyssey is probably one of the greater experiences you can have in the Mario series. It's a game designed for everybody to jump into and have fun with and explore. It combines virtually everything good from previous Mario games and expands upon them or refines them. Take the platforming sections in Sunshine. There are instances where you can't use Cappy and have to traverse an obstacles course with the bare essentials. Take world exploration like Mario 64 or Sunshine where you have an entire level at your disposal to roam around, but you don't get booted out after getting a reward.

It also reminds me of the good ol' days with Banjo where you explore a world with details crammed into everywhere, collect a hundred notes, get the needed jiggies, and then get the Hell out when you're bored, but expanded to Hell and back. If this is the future for 3D Mario, I'm liking it. Now I just need this kind of love brought back to the Mario RPG series.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Looking over the options, I'm inclined to choose Super Mario Galaxy. I feel Mario Odyssey comes close, but both are excellent, and nostalgia will edge out the newer game, honestly. As much as I love the open exploration of Odyssey, I grew up playing Mario 64 DS, so Galaxy's style has a stronger familiarity to me. That, and the presentation of Galaxy is outstanding, and the music surpasses Odyssey's overall.

Basically, I've gone back to play Mario Galaxy numerous times just to replay it, but Odyssey only brought me back enough to collect 999 moons. Once that's done, I have no interest in returning to it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Super Mario Bros. 2 wins Game of the Year, every year, so I'm gonna vote that, baybee.

(In all seriousness, I initially voted it for the memes then noticed you can't change your vote, but I guess it's fine because I suck at choosing favorites anyway, especially in these super Nintendoes What Sony Don't series. If I had to choose, though, I'd probably pick Galaxy)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Imo. Super Mario 64 is important for a couple of reasons. It showed the industry what 3d games could do, set the groundwork for other Mario games to follow, and helped jumpstart the 3d platforming genre, much like what the oringal Super Mario Bros did to 2d platformers. It was also a major inspiration for many notable releases, including Goldeneye 007, Banjo Kazooie, and even Kingdom Hearts.

There's also the fact that it's still a dang good game after all these years. Sure, the camera is kinda shoddy for today's standards, but you still get some solid platforming, and even the music is top notch.

My vote goes to Super Mario 64

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Allow me to say something controversial.
Super Mario World is better then Super Mario Bros. 3

Scary right? But it gets worse...
Super Mario Advance 2 is the best version of Super Mario World

I'm sure you're shuddering from the mere thought of me saying that alone. Well I better be going now, God said he'll be coming round my house at 18:30 to spare the world of my opinion, whatever that means.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
These arguments are so good! I only wish I could contribute to this discussion. But Mario isn't really my thing.

I'm honestly not going to be able to participate in many of these discussions, so I hope you guys are able to take it and run with it. I'm just the host.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It came down between Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Galaxy for me. I went with the latter in the end. Beautiful score, great atmosphere, and just fun in general. Also had more memorable galaxies than Galaxy 2, IMO.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Super Mario Galaxy 2 for me. I'm aware that this is a controversial opinion, as most would chose the first Galaxy, but let me explain.

If there's one major reason why I prefer Galaxy 2, it's the gameplay. It's as simple as that, really. The gravity physics feel much nicer, which is especially noticeable on small, spherical planets, and I know people will strongly disagree with this, but I prefer the more linear game progression. Going from world to world always gives me a nice sense of progression, whereas the more open approach which had you explore a hub world and find worlds within in Galaxy 1 felt rather tedious to me. I enjoyed that style more in 64.

I know that a big reason why many prefer the first Galaxy is the story, which I understand. I too enjoyed the cinematic scope of that game. But when it comes down to replayability (which I greatly value in games, especially Mario games) the second one takes the cake for me.

On a final note, while I completely understand the reasons to prefer the original Galaxy over the sequel, I suppose it comes down to preference when choosing which one is better. Also did I mention the music? I like Galaxy 2's soundtrack better as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright! The votes are in and the results have been tallied!
Super Mario Odyssey!
Untitled.png

The next poll, for the best Yoshi game, should be up and running any minute now. So come on over and voice your opinion!
I'm talking to you Zinith Zinith

Just a note: I can’t edit the poll myself. So I have to wait for Cyn Cyn to do it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yoshi's Story was my first Yoshi game, and...

...well, I haven't played through much of Yoshi's Island and didn't finish New Island, and haven't played the others, but I really like Yoshi's Story and my first time with it was when I was 6-7 or so, so I'll just go with that. I like its music, graphics, and the story heh heh. Yoshi's Island is good, too, from what I've played of it.

Last edited:

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I know I'll probably be alone on this, but I'm picking Yoshi's Island DS. I grew up with that game, and I've sunk many hours into it. It's quite fun. Since it and crafted world are the only Yoshi games I've played, I'm going with familiarity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright! The poll kind of went quiet and we had some technical difficulties. But It’s fixed now and i’m ready to announce the winner!

Yoshi’s Story!

The next 24 hour poll, for the Wario Series, is up and running now! Come in and cast your ballot!

Wunderwaft Wunderwaft @Mr. Wario

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wario Land 4
To me that game is the perfect Wario game. I'd love to see the Wario series come back with a game as good as Wario Land 4.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm not very familiar with the Wario series, but I've played a few games therein. And I'll say that Land 4 is the best. It's a great platformer that looks really nice, and has a good balance of exploration and puzzle platforming.

D

Deleted member

Wario Land 4. As I've said before, Shake It! comes close but Wario Land 4 has the extra charm and overall more solid level design.

D

Deleted member

WarioWare: D.I.Y would be my choice on this matter though the Wario land games are great too, I prefer the WW games cause they don't take a lot of dedication to pick up and finish admittedly Wario Land doesn't either but WW is a lot easier to pick up from a Casual standpoint while being fun for Hardcore Nintendo fans.

And D.I.Y has some of the best music in either franchise like Body Rock and others, Body rock has to be my favorite Wario Song besides maybe Greenhorn Forest those two are great tracks but Body Rock is absolutely fantastic.

The Gameplay in WarioWare games are also mostly unique in comparison to other Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Etc. it doesn't take a lot of effort nor dedication to play the games as they're super easy to pick up and play at your leisure with it being a bunch of minigames and all.

And for D.I.Y itself it's unique in that the game gives you a lot of things to mess around with and customize which is always fun, Even the main campaign is a lot of fun with pretty great music.

I personally prefer WarioWare for those reasons and more with D.I.Y being my favorite in the series.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One thing that I would ask of anyone who follows this forum is to share it with anyone who they know is a fan of the game series being discussed, to widen the scope of the thread.

Top Bottom