• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best follow up for low% shine on Marth?

st_elmo

Smash Rookie
Hi,

What's the best way to follow up landing a low percent shine on Marth? Fair? Bair?

If I waveshine I don't find I have enough time to do an extra high double jump and come down with a soft dair for the extra hitstun. Hitting with a strong dair results in Marth getting an aerial out before he's low enough to shine/utilt. Should I just directly jump out of shine instead of waveshine at low percent?

Foxco

Smash Cadet
It's pretty hard to do. Watch pros and see how they do it, wes is good at it.
Make sure you hit the fast fall timing so you can get back to the ground quickly enough to land another hit

Last edited:

st_elmo

Smash Rookie
It's hard to find instances of a raw shine or shine-aerial without any prior damage. I don't have a problem once they get about 20-30% on them. It's 0% and no platforms that I'm lost with. So should I still be trying to waveshine double jump dair in that situation?

Foxco

Smash Cadet
Maybe that is the issue then, maybe you shouldn't be going for shine at such a low percentage when you can't find pros doing it. Probably a pretty good sign that it's a sub-optimal move choice if it doesn't lead to anything else. You should always be looking to land a move that will lead to something else. Maybe see how they're racking up damage before the shine dairs can start connecting.

WulyahmK

Smash Cadet
I think what works is shine, wavedash out, dash towards them, jump, late dair right before they get out of hitstun. I remember there was a time when PPMD combo'd M2K's marth across FD with this combo. Although this wasn't really true, because M2K was out of hitstun before PPMD hit him with his late dair.

st_elmo

Smash Rookie
Maybe that is the issue then, maybe you shouldn't be going for shine at such a low percentage when you can't find pros doing it. Probably a pretty good sign that it's a sub-optimal move choice if it doesn't lead to anything else. You should always be looking to land a move that will lead to something else. Maybe see how they're racking up damage before the shine dairs can start connecting.
Well yes, this is kind of the reason why I posted to ask. I wanted to know if it's been labbed that waveshine -> dair -> shine/ulilt at 0% is guaranteed with perfect timing. If it's been tested and isn't guaranteed then I'd have a definitive answer and would opt for other options instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom