• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best custom build to cheese the cpu in classic mode?

Kain6th

Smash Ace
So im trying to unlock the two challenges about beating classic 8.0 or higher with 3 or more characters. what is a good custom build to help me with that?

Someone on gamefaqs suggested the vampire badge which i finally got. anything else?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I have beaten 9.0 with 39 characters so far simply by using the following:

One auto-heal equipment
Two of your strongest defensive items

I have experimented with vampire equipment and crouch heal (mainly for phases between the final boss forms), but neither seems to be as effective for dealing with Master Core and Master Fortress. Speed generally suffers with this setup, but I'd much rather sacrifice speed over attack or defense.

Some other people have success with an all offense approach. While technically it can be faster, but I find it far riskier, since you sacrifice defense to do so.

Heavy characters tend to excel best since they live longer in boss battles. Wario and DK are the easiest for me, and I also used Wario for the no-customs challenge. His bike is just so useful for Master Fortress. YMMV.

TroperCase

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it's necessarily the best strategy, but I usually use two normal attack equipment and one defense equipment. I use Risky Respawner when available since that gives excellent numbers for a tiny drawback (no invincibility after leaving the respawn platform)

The defense and speed aren't great in such a setup, but the high attack values mean you can go through the Master Core forms really fast and have an easier time knowing when it's close to switching forms (thereby knowing when you can recklessly attack it before it gets the next move out).

There may be better ways to do it but I've 9.0'd with a good amount of the cast this way and 8.0'd with most of 'em.

Last edited:
Top Bottom