• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best controller layout for lucario?

Insistent

Smash Rookie
I have recently started playing lucario and so far he is my fav character, i have playing many characters for a while without any real main so i should focus on proper control layout for him, i have a pro controller but the right stick is drifting so it blocks many attack, now im using my hori gamecube controller and pretty much got used to it, my change in controller layout is R button to jump, y and x for grab and right stick for tilt, probably got a bad habit from it so i tend to alway use tilt stick and not enough A, i tried to use more A button with x and y jump and i have the feeling that it is better for lucario, specially in air and combo, easier nair since i never really used that before, i was wondering what are you guys conteol layout so i would go in a better direction for a good habit with lucario?
And one more thing, is there a way to cancel orb charge in air without shooting it, dodge or jump? Been SDing myself quite a lot since it leaves me no time to up special if i charge off stage.
Thanks

Last edited:

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
I have recently started playing lucario and so far he is my fav character, i have playing many characters for a while without any real main so i should focus on proper control layout for him, i have a pro controller but the right stick is drifting so it blocks many attack, now im using my hori gamecube controller and pretty much got used to it, my change in controller layout is R button to jump, y and x for grab and right stick for tilt, probably got a bad habit from it so i tend to alway use tilt stick and not enough A, i tried to use more A button with x and y jump and i have the feeling that it is better for lucario, specially in air and combo, easier nair since i never really used that before, i was wondering what are you guys conteol layout so i would go in a better direction for a good habit with lucario?
And one more thing, is there a way to cancel orb charge in air without shooting it, dodge or jump? Been SDing myself quite a lot since it leaves me no time to up special if i charge off stage.
Thanks
Well controller layout is all personal preference tbh however you feel most comfortable while being able to execute what you want is what you should stick with. I used default gc controller only turning off tap jump and changing the c stick to tilt and I’m able to do everything I need to comfortably.

As for cancelling aura sphere in air, you’re limited to either jumping(before you double jump), shooting or air dodging. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Insistent

Smash Rookie
Okay thanks, so far ive added special action on ZL button, i find it easier to b reverse. But do you use tap jump on for personal preference or it help for more tricky stuff?

And gotta try dodge to cancel, i cant tell how many time ive sded because of charging down to death with no more jumps to use lol.

Last edited:

TB2

Smash Rookie
Okay thanks, so far ive added special action on ZL button, i find it easier to b reverse. But do you use tap jump on for personal preference or it help for more tricky stuff?

And gotta try dodge to cancel, i cant tell how many time ive sded because of charging down to death with no more jumps to use lol.

Heya man, im a Luc main since Brawl, to be honest, what he said is right, the layout is personal stuff, but here´s mine :
:GCA: : Attack
:GCB:: Special
:GCLT:: Shield
:GCRT:: Jump
:GCZ:: Grab
:GCY:: Jump
:GCX:: Grab
:GCCN:: Tilt Attack

i set it up so i can easily Nair whenever i want, since i can rest my thumb, i have 2 grab buttons and 2 jump buttons just because of fast actions ( i got used back in PM ) Tilts are very important in my opinion, specially D-Tilt and U-Tilt and B reversing and Wavebounce is much easier with :GCB: After some practice, anyways, good luck out there man, we Lucario mains are almost extinct, so we gotta keep it going strong, Cya my man

Top Bottom