• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best configuration for Classic Controller

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Hi guys,I am switching to Classic Controller today,what is the best configuration for the classic controller?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pro or regular?
If Regular I used X and R for Special while B was A and A is Jump I think. Can't quite remember, for Pro not sure how to help you out there since I stopped using CC after MLG Dallas back in 2010.

D

Deleted member 189823

I use pro, but the only real difference is the (lack of) handles.

I reverse the A and B and use A for Specials and B for attacks, since it's pretty confusing otherwise. I configured the Attack and Specials for the left shoulder buttons too so you can DJC Egglay or N-Air.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Depends on how you can use the buttons. Now if you're using DR, then you're a little limited, but you have to mess around to find the best setup for yourself.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sorry for bumping this thread again,but I have a question:

It's about Tap Jump,it can limit my gameplay?
I use,but I am trying to change jumping to b instead of Tap Jump.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Tap Jump limits your gameplay mainly in that it makes you more limited when recovering. With tap jump on, you can't Egg Toss before double jumping to recover, making your recovery easier to track and thus be edgeguarded. It also makes Edge Canceled Eggs significantly more risky to do, because getting hit during them means you'll be offstage with no jump.

Top Bottom