• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best and worst alt costumes/colors?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
First of all I'm sorry if this thread already existed...

And secondly, I always like discussing the different costumes each character comes with - it's fun to see how people react to all the different decisions Sakurai made with each individual character's set of alts. Whether it be Byleth's cool references to the house leaders in 3H, to...Pac-Man, it's always fun to talk about these.

Here's a few of mine...
  • Green Male Corrin - It's just really easy on the eyes for some reason. It reminds me of spearmint. He also looks cool in his dragon form here.
  • Edelgard Female Byleth - I think Female Byleth is pretty damn cute (Yes, I'm bi, how could you tell?) and she looks great in Edelgard's colors.
  • Pink Summer Isabelle/Dixie Kong Diddy - I love the color combinations, they remind me of Caitlin! :D
  • Meta Knight Kirby - He just looks really cool.
  • Blue Tail Mewtwo - I think the cool blue color is really pleasing on him.
  • Kalos Trainer - Gen VI is my favorite generation so I like being reminded of it.
  • Green/Purple Lucario - So bad it's good. That is all.
  • Pink Yoshi - Well, duh...
  • Timeless River Sora - Gotta love the classic cartoon references!
  • Viridi Dress Palutena - Guess if this is as good as I'm gonna get with Viridi in Smash...
  • Dark Meta Knight - Truth be told, I wanted the character as an echo fighter, but this is good enough.
As for the worst...I know people are gonna mention Sonic and Pac-Man here, so I'll say them to get us started. As well as that one Marth alt that just looks THE SAME AS HIS REGULAR ALT. As for gross-looking alts, Lucina's second alt is just plain nauseating...

Anyway, now I'd like to hear from all of you!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll do some of my favorite ones from characters that I like playing as.
:ultness:: Black shirt with fuchsia hat.
:ulticeclimbers:: White parka with pink gloves
:ultrobin:: Male with Greenish hair (“Mark”)
:ultbyleth:: Male Enlightened
:ultmythra:: The blue outfit.
:ultsora::Wisdom Form

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Best
Bowser's green color (or his "King Koopa" look)
Inkling's purple schoolgirl look
Link's green outfit with the hat (which is how Link SHOULD look)
Simon Belmont's orange NES style outfit
Zero Suit Samus's blue shorts

Now Sonic and Pac-man have been mentioned as having horrible outfits, but I think Cloud belongs on that list as well. Sure he has a second entire design, but al his outfits can be described as "dull gray-ish ____"

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I know it’s kinda cheating but Bowser Jr. and Steve have really great alts.

I love all the Yoshi colors besides Crafted World (why did they think that was a good idea? Who cares if it was an ad for a game that hadn’t released yet?)

I always play as Banjo-Kazooie’s Grunty alt and Duck Hunt’s Dalmatian alt.

I actually don’t care for K. Rool’s alts that much… one of my only real complaints about the guy. I wish we could actually play as the Kaptain or Baron.

And I know this is for different games, but I’d like to say that the best NASB alt is Jenny’s, the worst NASB alt is Korra’s, the best MVS alt is Harley’s and Garnet’s, and the worst MVS alt is Superman’s.

Top Bottom