• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best airgame?

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
Does Yoshi have the best airgame in the whole game. Now before i go on lemme just say people who say Yoshi is Over or underrated are not correct at all. Yoshi is one of the only few characters that i think will always stay in the same spot even with future patches i think he will always be on the top of A tier or somewhere in the A tier. Yoshi mains that i have watched are getting combos started off in the air and Yoshi just has so much air movement and airgame that i think he might be the character with the best airgame but im not to sure so I was hoping to try and get answers on this forum if he actually does have the best airgame. I mean a bunch of his moves are useful in the air his ground game also incredibly good to though.

:ultyoshi:
Best airgame IMO

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wouldn't say the best airgame but he has the fastest so it gives the illusion of having the best. What you also need when having a good airgame is a very good recovery and lots of kill setups, both of Yoshi's is ok but not the best. His anti-air in Utilt and Usmash is a little above average but not better than most top tiers or even high tiers.
Most of Yoshi's offstage kills is running off and hoping they don't react to us obviously going for the fair spike, egg toss to force airdodge into Nair frame trap or Dair soft spike opponents.

Characters like wolf pichu Peach as a few top tier examples. don't have the airspeed but have better kill options/setups and recovery to go even deeper than Yoshi (Peach/pichu for recovery and setups, wolf for pure kill power but lackluster recovery)

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't say the best airgame but he has the fastest so it gives the illusion of having the best. What you also need when having a good airgame is a very good recovery and lots of kill setups, both of Yoshi's is ok but not the best. His anti-air in Utilt and Usmash is a little above average but not better than most top tiers or even high tiers.
Most of Yoshi's offstage kills is running off and hoping they don't react to us obviously going for the fair spike, egg toss to force airdodge into Nair frame trap or Dair soft spike opponents.

Characters like wolf pichu Peach as a few top tier examples. don't have the airspeed but have better kill options/setups and recovery to go even deeper than Yoshi (Peach/pichu for recovery and setups, wolf for pure kill power but lackluster recovery)
Well out of those few top tiers which would u say is the best?

Top Bottom