• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Active Pichu Main?

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
ICG isn't active. M2K is the best we have. If you want a true main, there are tons of videos of a guy called Codeman on youtube, though I don't think his Pichu is very good. ICG's Pichu is probably still the most innovative one to exist as of now lol.

Potet

Smash Rookie
This is really sad. The worst part is that he used mental illness as an excuse. I have no idea if what he said is true or not, but if he lied, that makes him so much more of a scumbag than he already was.

Last edited:

Popertop

Smash Champion
The best active pichu main is probably me.

I'm PopTop, a Peach main from Houston, but due to issues finding enjoyment with the game (as well as having a character crisis regarding my secondary), I've picked up pichu largely to blow off steam. Then I ended up finding tech with him.

If I can get on stream sometime or figure out how to do video, I'll show you guys a couple things.

I unironically believe that Pichu could be as strong as 16th or 15th best, due to how strong his movement is.

PsychoSoldier

Smash Cadet
The best active pichu main is probably me.

I'm PopTop, a Peach main from Houston, but due to issues finding enjoyment with the game (as well as having a character crisis regarding my secondary), I've picked up pichu largely to blow off steam. Then I ended up finding tech with him.

If I can get on stream sometime or figure out how to do video, I'll show you guys a couple things.

I unironically believe that Pichu could be as strong as 16th or 15th best, due to how strong his movement is.
Too bad everyone thinks this immediately when they join and then figure out the tech is old news. Also didnt you say you werea peach main? That kind of takes you out of the discussion.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Check the date homeslice, you just got meme'd on.

Honestly I was surprised I hadn't heard of autocancel agility before, as it's really a gamechanger.

SNEAKY NECRO EDIT:

I saw videos of T!mmy and T0mmy back when I was first becoming aware of competitive smash, and I liked their moxie; Picking the two worst characters in the game to prove a point takes balls.

I was aware of the guide T!mmy wrote for Pichu, but I didn't delve too heavily into it, as I was still writing Pichu off as not viable, and I would have rather put my time into a char that would reward me more for my effort (like Peach, or Fox, or some more developed char).

I'm at a point in my development now, where I need some sort of reason to keep playing, and honestly Pichu has the most potential out of many chars in the cast (Aside from Spacies, Shiek/Marth, and Puff imo), and I'll work harder to make progress advancing this char than I would just trying to be the best Peach.

Plus matchups are weird and it can be awesome to know of some random low tier that can counter a high tier.

Don't write me off just because I'm a Peach main, I can be a valuable asset to a community. And if I'm switching FROM Peach, TO Pichu, obviously I see some things there worth exploring.

Last edited:

I_Am_GREYmatter__

Smash Rookie
I'm working my way up to being the best (or I'm trying at least). Sometimes I would purposly let people back on stage to continue learning Pichu nutral against other Characters. People have been giving me **** for playing Pichu though... I also play falco and Marth. This is just one of my streams (an old one). I litterally figured out the timing for chain grabs yesterday. Now I'm working on dealing with spacie pressure. Feel free to critique my play. https://www.facebook.com/theonlyREALpichu/videos/932087050630170/

Last edited:
Top Bottom