• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berlin Calling ~ 2.4 - 4.4 2010 [95 PEOPLE LIMIT -> CONFIRM YOURSELF !!]

melt87

Smash Cadet
It's pointless starting a stage discussion one week before the tournament. Also FoD is more Neutral than BF imo

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
When you don't have an edge you can grab, so you have to land on the platform
CF can just grab you , or dair to fair combo.

About Sheik, smaller platform = easier tech chase.

"(O)thers can punish Fox's recovery just as much as he can punish the others", which indicates that it's pretty fair?
this is why I love the stage, its free combo haha

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Well in my point of view the neutrals aren't that neutral, but discusing this could take years so we won't argue about that ^^

Well one more thing you have to know is that I would love to allow every single stage because stages like Onett are much fun to play for example. The same with Big Blue, Fourside etc. etc.

I'm a fan of that crazy stages - in non-banned-category PF, MC, Brinstar, KJ64 & RC - so Luma & me decided to put some of them into the cp-stagepool.

I wanted Pokéfloats, Luma said "you can't put Pokéfloats in there if you have the neutrals + RC for Spacies" - I agreed.

That's the way we discussed the stagepool. Additional Luma asked some other smashers and that's how the stagepool developed.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Well in my point of view the neutrals aren't that neutral, but discusing this could take years so we won't argue about that ^^

Well one more thing you have to know is that I would love to allow every single stage because stages like Onett are much fun to play for example. The same with Big Blue, Fourside etc. etc.

I'm a fan of that crazy stages - in non-banned-category PF, MC, Brinstar, KJ64 & RC - so Luma & me decided to put some of them into the cp-stagepool.

I wanted Pokéfloats, Luma said "you can't put Pokéfloats in there if you have the neutrals + RC for Spacies" - I agreed.

That's the way we discussed the stagepool. Additional Luma asked some other smashers and that's how the stagepool developed.
I understand very well your desire of playing on as many stages as possible. I myself think the competitive gaming loses a bit by doing so but it definitely becomes more fun and various. Italy is very liberal concerning stages too, and Onett is actually allowed LOL.

However poke floats or corneria deserved to be in there too. Once again, neutrals might slightly favor spacies (which by the way is kinda arguable) but they do not influence the match up nearly as much as Brinstar and Mute City do. Provided that RC and MC are most likely getting the respective players' ban, those who play floaties still have brinstar to heavily favor them while the spacies' player will only have neutrals to choose from.

If you really don't want to change the stage list, you might want to consider the possibility of adding a second ban per player. That will allow the floaties' opponents to ban both brinstar AND Mute City while the floaties player will be able to ban RC + whatever stage he hates the most among neutrals. Sounds balanced enough to me.

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
i don't think this discussion will get anywhere at this point,but i will still throw in my opinion.

For me the stagelist should look like this:

Neutral Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Note: i cant take out FoD because then I would have to remove PokeStadium as well, and the neutral list would be way to short.

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

and thats should be ALL. why? because its FAIR, plain and simple. if BOTH players agree then they can play wherever the **** they want. Mute City, Green Greens, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise should not be included, Mute City and Rainbow Cruise for the extreme dis-balance, and i dont think many ppl would like to go Green Greens or Jungle Japes with any character because everyone has better options alrdy.then we have 8 stages, in which 6 of them are already neutral. And 2 CPs that give some characters the edge without been an auto win.

hope u like it, if not, use whatever, i really dont care much about the stagelist myself, since i just try to do my best wherever i have to play, no johns.

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
another important thing i wanted to say and. i need a teammate for Berlin calling. im a marth player but can play fox sheik and falco as well. not very experienced teams player, anybody is fine. just let me know

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Compare us to the rest of the world lol. I don't think anyone else has got Onett in their ruleset. Also, no one is to blame in particular for our ruleset since it was estabilished by popular vote.
Unfortunately you are right..

Dax

Smash Journeyman
This isn't the italian topic xD, but just remember everything is perfectly balanced with our double ban.
/ot

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
i don't think this discussion will get anywhere at this point,but i will still throw in my opinion.

For me the stagelist should look like this:

Neutral Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi Story
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64

Note: i cant take out FoD because then I would have to remove PokeStadium as well, and the neutral list would be way to short.

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

and thats should be ALL. why? because its FAIR, plain and simple. if BOTH players agree then they can play wherever the **** they want. Mute City, Green Greens, Jungle Japes and Rainbow Cruise should not be included, Mute City and Rainbow Cruise for the extreme dis-balance, and i dont think many ppl would like to go Green Greens or Jungle Japes with any character because everyone has better options alrdy.then we have 8 stages, in which 6 of them are already neutral. And 2 CPs that give some characters the edge without been an auto win.

hope u like it, if not, use whatever, i really dont care much about the stagelist myself, since i just try to do my best wherever i have to play, no johns.
The new kid speaks truth..:embarrass

porc

Smash Journeyman
Wii Lee, all our hopes are in you ! Only French representation :D

Beat Zgetto or such, it'll be enough...

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Corneria, PF & RC are to many campy stages -> No chance for floaties by banning one stage.
Adding KJ64 as a possible camp stage too this is ridiculous.

I don't really like the GSB BR Ruleset it's so anti floaty.

I kinda like freestylins idea, but these are not enough stages for my flavour :D

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
How is Freestylin's Idea anti-floaty when it's neutral stages with Brinstar as a counterpick?

By the very definition, Neutral stages don't heavily favor anyone. If floaties can't compete on those stages, it's because their opponents are that much better.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
PF atleast dont look like autowin for fox, Shiek and CF are also really good on that stage.

RC- gets framedrops when peach is on the stage (not sure about singles, but it definitly happens in teams)

Corneria-Fox is really good on the stage, but is definitly beatable in pal, even though peach metagame is bad on the stage doesn´t mean it´s broken and should be banned for that reason.

The rules allready forces IC to switch character, why shouldn´t peach be forced when she has her 2 strongest stages on? :/(not that the neutrals is that bad, more then YS)

EDIT: Agreed, they are in a "neutral" list for a reason...

Falcinho

Smash Ace
How is Freestylin's Idea anti-floaty when it's neutral stages with Brinstar as a counterpick?

By the very definition, Neutral stages don't heavily favor anyone. If floaties can't compete on those stages, it's because their opponents are that much better.
Quoted for emphasis

Although Luma probably won't change his opinion (and the opinion of his homies) anymore

stelzig

Smash Lord
luma - anychance you could pm me the place i am staying with the brits in berlin and contact details of who we are staying with?
Same, except for danes instead of brits.
Or just any update really. I sent a pm a while back, but didn't get an answer.

Luma

Smash Lord
well it could be that one of the housers suddenly changed his mind so i am kinda ****ed up right, but dont worry i am still trying to solve it somehow, you guys wont be sleeping outside or something ^^

kone your pm box is full

milkieee

Smash Journeyman

I didn't mean freestylins idea but the german ruleset (=GSB BR Ruleset)
I'm sorry if I wrote missunderstanding =/

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
anyways, r u gonna take the idea into consideration? or are we sticking with the weird stagelist? o.O

(still looking for teammate)

VA

Smash Hero
Update: some bad **** happened wih Kone and his car and now the UK players travelling with him are very unlikely to make it. I won some money at the UK tournament and as such can just about afford to book myself a flight and still attend. I would have to arrive on thursday and leave on the tuesday. Can someone house me?

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Update: some bad **** happened wih Kone and his car and now the UK players travelling with him are very unlikely to make it. I won some money at the UK tournament and as such can just about afford to book myself a flight and still attend. I would have to arrive on thursday and leave on the tuesday. Can someone house me?
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you guys can still make it using a rental car. ^^

VA

Smash Hero
I'm likely to come still, I need info on housing asap though...

EDIT: The majority of people travelling in the car are NOT coming. I am looking into it still though, I'll confirm tomorrow.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Are the tournaments included in the DeLuxe fee? Or do we have to pay 28Euro + tournament fee?

I'm getting pretty hyped for this =)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Shame about the brits :(
I take this means the danes are pretty safe on being housed together now though? :)

Hope you won't take this post the wrong way UK players, i've just been a bit concerned about our housing situation too you know ;)

Armada

Smash Lord
Aldwyn: Peach have many hard matchups MC and brinstar give her better conditions.
Many hard matchups (Fox or Marth) is MORE even at MC because they have that big advantage from the beginning so MC is a fair stage.

The only good char (except IC because they suck against peach from the beginning) peach is that much better at MC is falco. I wanna say Sheik vs Peach is even on that stage but Marth and fox still have advantage.

Mc and Brinstar give us more justice ( Amsah agree =).

If we have both brinstar and MC peach have at least 1 good stage.
If we compare this to foxs (he is good at every single stage and is a ****ing good char) counterpicks he have many impossible stages for Peach and many other chars.
Corneria is way to good for fox.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Are the tournaments included in the DeLuxe fee? Or do we have to pay 28Euro + tournament fee?

I'm getting pretty hyped for this =)

2. Option: DeLuxe-Fee
- 28.50€
- feel free to play Friendlies
- 3 days
- housing at the venue
- you can attend all the tournaments

:)

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
Aldwyn: Peach have many hard matchups MC and brinstar give her better conditions.
Many hard matchups (Fox or Marth) is MORE even at MC because they have that big advantage from the beginning so MC is a fair stage.

The only good char (except IC because they suck against peach from the beginning) peach is that much better at MC is falco. I wanna say Sheik vs Peach is even on that stage but Marth and fox still have advantage.

Mc and Brinstar give us more justice ( Amsah agree =).

If we have both brinstar and MC peach have at least 1 good stage.
If we compare this to foxs (he is good at every single stage and is a ****ing good char) counterpicks he have many impossible stages for Peach and many other chars.
Corneria is way to good for fox.
That's what I'm talkin about !!

@ vanitiyangel:
Will you come, or won't you ?
(no of the other brits will come, right ?)

@ all:
We need some TVs (with Setups m/b), so if you can bring some, do so please !! =)

Dax

Smash Journeyman
This is Dax and the other italian smashers here.
We are in Airport Berlin-Schönefeld and can´t get in touch with Tim at all. We can´t even Call his number because it says something in german.
We need the instructions to reach his place.
He also needs to be informed that we are arriving.
Please, someone contact us, we´ll even recall him if needed

we´ll try to contact milkman in the while
edit: can´t call him =(

Top Bottom