• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Berlin Calling ~ 2.4 - 4.4 2010 [95 PEOPLE LIMIT -> CONFIRM YOURSELF !!]

Remen

Smash Apprentice
Take Brinstar off the counterpick list because of floaties
and Armada's Kirby.
Floaties have Mute City AND Brinstar as it stands now, that's not really fair if you look at the amount of options the rest has. So either remove one of those or add crap like Green Greens to balance it out. Of course my suggestion would be to go with neutrals only, but removing either Mute or Brinstar is an okay compromise I guess.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Take Brinstar off the counterpick list because of floaties
and Armada's Kirby.
Floaties have Mute City AND Brinstar as it stands now, that's not really fair if you look at the amount of options the rest has. So either remove one of those or add crap like Green Greens to balance it out. Of course my suggestion would be to go with neutrals only, but removing either Mute or Brinstar is an okay compromise I guess.
Remen is soooo right.

Also

1) My balls.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Take off Mute City or add Corneria and Poke Floats.

Even better: go with 7 neutral stages (and perhaps Rainbow Cruise).

random-ness

Smash Cadet
anyone that needs teamm8?
Not me though, a friend of mine named po, technical spacie player and a real good guy.
He's not very experienced in teams so your level doesn't really matter...
anyone?

Also, wtf @ no Zgetto, faab or Adam :(

VilNess

Smash Champion
anyone that needs teamm8?
Not me though, a friend of mine named po, technical spacie player and a real good guy.
He's not very experienced in teams so your level doesn't really matter...
anyone?

Also, wtf @ no Zgetto, faab or Adam :(
I can team with you. Random-Ness and VilNess.

Amsah. :embarrass indeed. :p

Remen

Smash Apprentice
Do any of the hosts even read this thread? I'd like a reply on the stage list proposal.

Remen

Smash Apprentice
So, any reason for that? Or will you just stick to it because you're a big bad troll?

Luma

Smash Lord
try trolling someone else *insert random flame*
you say floaties got 2 good stages with mc and brinstar? what about ps, ys, rc/rr for spacies? those are 3 stages right? doenst quite sounds fair, i should take rc off right?

Tero.

Smash Champion
you say floaties got 2 good stages with mc and brinstar? what about ps, ys, rc/rr for spacies? those are 3 stages right? doenst quite sounds fair, i should take rc off right?
If you count YS and PS you can also count BF and DL.
Neither of those stages shifts Match-ups to one side as much as Mute City, Brinstar ain't that bad.
Remove MC or add Corneria to make it balanced.

Edit: I'd prefer a 7-8 stage list anyway: FD, BF, DL, YS, PS, FoD, KJ, (RC).

Tero.

Smash Champion
corneria aka you can camp aslong as you want against certain chars? no thx
try stagebanning mc then, it works
You could also stageban Corneria if you're playing one of those "certain characters". Your logic does not work.

And hell no, I won't ban Mute City, I just play Jigglypuff lol.

Luma

Smash Lord
mc isnt an autowin even though many peopele still treat it like that

and if you arent able to break someones stalling without losing a stock more more it should be ban -> bye bye coneria

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Lol, if you really want to count RR and PS as spacies' stages you could as well count DL and KJ as floaties stages. So spacies get 3, floaties get 4 good stages.

Luma

Smash Lord
ever played dl or kj vs a campy fox? i guess not, otherwise you would not think so
they got an advantage because of the stageframe, but the layout is bad for them

Remen

Smash Apprentice
That logic doesn't work, PS and YS are both in the neutrals list. Neutrals are by definition stages that don't heavily favor any character. So unless you put those stages as counterpicks, your argument is invalid.

I'd recommend just skipping all this non-sense and going with a neutrals-only stage list, I don't think anyone has anything against that. A list like this one emphasises the first game of a set too much.

Remen

Smash Apprentice
(Oh **** I got destroyed in an argument? I guess I'll just have to do the only thing I'm good for, trolling!)

DURRHURR BAWWW MOAR GAIZ. R U MAD YET!? U MAD!?
10 *******

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer

and if you arent able to break someones stalling without losing a stock more more it should be ban -> bye bye coneria
Puff can stall under DL64, BF, FD, FoD and pretty much any other stage without anyone being able to do anything about it. And IC's can stall infinitely by Wobbling until the sun goes down (and up, and down again). Are you suggesting we stop playing the game then? No. Maybe we should Ban the Character? No. Oh I know, how about we ban the tactic? *looks it up* Seems like we already did..:embarrass

Besides, the only way I can think of someone stalling and his opponent being unable to approach without dying is on the gun. But the thing is, you don't have to approach anyone there, you can just wait for them to get shot off. Or for them to try and get back on stage from there which leads to easy edge guards.

Anyone trying to stall by using that gun is digging their own grave.

That said, I think both MC and Corneria are ridiculous stages that should be banned.

Anyway, who's housing Remen and Me (probably Adam and possibly Faab too)? We'll arrive in Berlin the 31st and we're leaving the 5th, any takers..? :lick:

Luma

Smash Lord
its possible to camp down there for some chars without taking dmg
and well by your logic we could allow nearly everystage if we ban 1-2 things each

and nobody will be able to house you so look some cheap hostels up

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Theres a big difference with wobbling and poundstall, poundstalling work as long as you get the lead.
But wobbling can be set a limit in max% when it should KO(like 250-300%) , and therefore isn´t a problem, not to mention it´s very situational.

Puff can though keep the ledge against many characters when in % lead and should not lose in that situation(bair, or go in for grab+easy edgeguard) ever which IMO might be the only reason I would put puff as top top tier.

Characters that camp on corneria gun is mostly "bad characters" like Y.Link and Ness(lol) which actually can make them see tournamentplay, which is good for variation.

I agree that the stagelist is kinda overcentralizing and probably would be better with 6 neutrals only.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Ah yes, getting a grab on a neutral stage, very situational indeed.

Anyway, I just said it to prove a point, I'm not about to get into the whole wobbling debate again.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace

Corneria isn't an autowin either.. as usual, Amsah got the point here.. if stalling is your problem, just add a ledge grab rule and/or specific bans for the techniques, don't ban the stage itself.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Ness can ruin Jigglys stalling with PK thunder, so is doesn´t need to be banned. So for that reason we should allow wobbling only in stages like Ice climbers stage where they both die if the stage moves.
Anyone with me?

:p

Remen

Smash Apprentice
Stop being such a little *****, Luma, and respond to my last post. At this point you're just selecting points you can argue against, and doing poorly at even that. You're wrong about the circlerunning matter for instance, unlike stuff like ledgegrabbing it can't be clearly defined and therefor can't be banned.

My original point that there's too many floaties' stages also still stands, I've already disproven your arguments. So either come up with a better reasoning or change the **** list.

Literally EVERYONE besides you that's posted regarding this matter up till now is against your stage list(and seems to be for neutrals only even). Not only that, but you can't even argue back and you still won't listen? I honestly can't believe anyone could be this dense. I didn't think it was possible, but it seems you've managed to make me lose faith in humanity even more. Good job!

I nominate Remen for Melee Back Room, lol.
Danke schön. :bee:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
How is wobbling gamebreaking?, I dont see wobbles beat Taj/Forward even when it´s on.

He did though beat Lucky last time I checked(has he ICpractice?)
People who play good characters and knows what they are doing always have frameadvantage and therefore played "correcly" shouldnt get grabbed(shine, peach dsmash with alot more moves cant get grabbed. In the end it damages ICs bad matchups and gets in favor for those chars that even cant be chaingrabed once, making puff/peach (and chars that get KOed past 120%) have an easier time in tourneys. The ban is based on fear of a character that has not won more then maybe 2 tourneys at all time the game has been out...

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
How is wobbling gamebreaking?, I dont see wobbles beat Taj/Forward even when it´s on.

He did though beat Lucky last time I checked(has he ICpractice?)
People who play good characters and knows what they are doing always have frameadvantage and therefore played "correcly" shouldnt get grabbed(shine, peach dsmash with alot more moves cant get grabbed. In the end it damages ICs bad matchups and gets in favor for those chars that even cant be chaingrabed once, making puff/peach (and chars that get KOed past 120%) have an easier time in tourneys. The ban is based on fear of a character that has not won more then maybe 2 tourneys at all time the game has been out...
This has already been discussed a million times. The point (in my opinion) is that wobbling doesn't leave any option to the guy who is undergoing it to break free. Doesn't matter that ICs don't win tournaments, it's just not fair.

VA

Smash Hero
Smashers can be so dumb, a good enough player will do this to you anyway from grab. IC's just have an easier way of doing it, the players who can do it don't tend to be the best anyway so it hardly matters. I might change my mind if Amsah learned IC's :/

Tero.

Smash Champion
Banning Wobbling is sooo 06/07.
Doesn't break the game = don't ban it.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This has already been discussed a million times. The point (in my opinion) is that wobbling doesn't leave any option to the guy who is undergoing it to break free. Doesn't matter that ICs don't win tournaments, it's just not fair.
Rest is basicly the same move , AND wins tourneys(in NTSC, where Fox and Shiek has earlier "guarantied" kills), not to mention is so effective it even works like the best move in teams...

Top Bottom