• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belmonts' under-stage recoveries worse than Little Mac

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's how far under-stage mac can travel on Final Destination, beginning on the left, and going to the right. He makes it almost 75% of the way there.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58hGLTcwh0&feature=youtu.be&t=359

Compare this to Simon:

1543780814263.png

and Richter:

1543780857848.png

They only make it about 50% of the way. Their understage recovery is only 2/3rds as good as Little Mac, the guy known for having bad recoveries. That's not to say the Belmonts have bad recoveries necessarily because this is a very specific case, but still. It's kind of funny and sad.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Their recovieries do suck, but at least theirs has some horizontal component unlike Chrom's. They also have the tether, so it's a few points up. Bottom 10 recovery for sure, maybe even bottom 5, but there's worse.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with them... yeah, they have bad recoveries... I guess to balance out how good their tools are with projectiles and space control with their whip tilts...

albertoplus

Smash Rookie
I also think its pretty much intentional.

They have strong projectiles that cover great distance and many angles and long range "melee" attacks. Also with a many-directional tether recovery. And on top of that, while not "super heavy", they are also heavy characters.

I dont mind of having a bad recovery with them.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
with the amount of stage control they have, I think its only fair that their recoveries are god awful.

now INCINEROAR on the other hand...

Isaweth

Smash Rookie
Its obvious that they have bad recoveries to balance out the character. Having amazing range, projectiles, ledge pressure, heavy weight, no impact platform landing AND a good recovery would just be too much. Belmonts are exploitable, but not the worst.

Top Bottom