• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belmont stages?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
What stages should I ban and look for?
I usually ban bf because its small and provides a top platform so my opponent can get around my projectiles. I found out the hard way that lylat is bad for us because the slopes ruins f tilt, down b and side b.

I usually like to go to bigger stages like
PS2, Kalos, FD and T&C because the bigger the stage, the more l can play neutral and the less time l spend off stage.

I talked to a snake player and he told me that he prefers smaller stages because he gets more chances to hit his opponents with projectiles. So I'm not sure if I'm selecting the correct stages as a fellow zoner.

TheHero

Smash Cadet
Stop focusing on projectiles and use your whip as your main method of attack.

I honestly only really like BF because I can control the opponent easily by forcing them on platforms. If they get close I can upb out of shield to get to the top platform.

The long flat stages are ok but less fun because I feel like I have less room for creativity on them. Though Holy Water works more as a wall so I try to use that for a few setups, but mostly just focus on forcing them off with fair and bair.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Stop focusing on projectiles and use your whip as your main method of attack.

I honestly only really like BF because I can control the opponent easily by forcing them on platforms. If they get close I can upb out of shield to get to the top platform.

The long flat stages are ok but less fun because I feel like I have less room for creativity on them. Though Holy Water works more as a wall so I try to use that for a few setups, but mostly just focus on forcing them off with fair and bair.
So which stages should l ban when counterpicked? Lylat and ____?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I like BF and Yoshi's Story a lot, hate FD or any stage that's primarly flat. SV isn't horrible either. Big stages suck for me, it's just more space I have to try and control and gives them more room to run around my setups.

I actually think the Belmonts tend to do better on smaller stages, despite the projectile camper stigma of big stages.

BarberChef

Smash Rookie
I personally really like battlefield for heavy whip pressure and smashville for zoning

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
So I currently dislike FD for the belmonts because l get less landing mixups after whiffing a DP and get juggled easier. So I currently always ban lylat and FD if I'm planning to use Richter that is.

CyrusShadowBlade

Smash Cadet
So I currently dislike FD for the belmonts because l get less landing mixups after whiffing a DP and get juggled easier. So I currently always ban lylat and FD if I'm planning to use Richter that is.
This. These are almost always the stages I ban because platforms help Belmonts get out of combos, and lylat just ruins a lot of good Belmont moves.

KingCosta

Smash Rookie
I main Belmont (Simon) and i'd say my best stage period is PS2, if not then go FD, Kalos, T&C and rarely but sometimes SmashVille, as it's a mix-up of sorts, dont always be afraid of counter-picks though, as stages like Yoshi's is a pain due to the ledge being slanted doesn't help the Holy Water edge-guard, and Lylat is super small and your potential combo food.

If you find yourself in this situation bro, just play a JigglyPuff style playing, stay near ledge (crazy i know) and dont be afraid to use tether as long as you have lightning quick reflex's, then wall out your opponent with plenty of Axes and Holy Crosses, and finish it off with a Holy Water to Forward-Smash combo.

Top Bottom