• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Belmont Dair -> Fair Windows

Shope

Smash Rookie
I made some notes on this, I have not fully tested with DI yet. I've tested on Little Mac, Yoshi, and Mewtwo, so it's a decent sampling of fall speeds/weights, but not complete.

Generally, dair -> fair becomes true at 30%. Subtract about 5% for a floaty character like mewtwo or smaller characters. At this percent, you either need the ff the fair or downward tilt it, depending on character size one may work more reliably then the other.

At about 60-70%, dair -> fair becomes reliable without much adjustment. Regular fair will connect on most characters. This will stay this way until about 90%. This can actually kill with bad DI at the ledge but it's unlikely. Again, subtract a bit for floatier and smaller characters.

From about 91% to 115%, upward angled fair becomes true, dependent upon weight. At the upper ends of this window it becomes tight and requires proper momentum shifting, especially to get the tipper, in reaction to their DI. At this percent, this combo can kill. It should be noted that somewhere in this percent, say about 110%, DJ to fair becomes true as well but you may need a downward angle and may not get the tipper.

115-125 or 130%, depending on floatiness is about the same as above, however DJ becomes a more reliable option as this window gets tighter and requires an actual read of DI, you can't react to where they go.

120%-155% DJ Fair is your only option, but these windows are tight due to the input of a double jump. You can pretty reliably get DJ fair until about 135-140%, and then after that it becomes so precise that you have to read it perfectly and react in a small frame window.

I hope this helps and is useful. As you can see, there is a wide range in which this combo connects, and I'll be doing more tests with DI soon. Let me know if you guys have additional data points or questions.

Isaweth

Smash Rookie
Is there any variance in the hitboxes on the down air, or is it just one consistant hitbox throughout the move? I feel like this would be critical to know to help capitalize on all the dair combos.

Shope

Smash Rookie
If you hit close to the start of the down air it does a spike, which makes these followups impossible. Otherwise it seems to be a pretty consistent distance that they pop up, but of course much more extensive testing is needed.

Top Bottom