• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being a Dorf Main

I-ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
I-ninja13
3DS FC
4527-9851-5719
Hello everyone my name is Justin and my tag use to be "The Dorf":4ganondorf: I was one of the best Ganon mains in NC, but lately my showings have been horrible, I have been drowning in pools to weaker opponents, and CEO was the last straw. My goals in smash 4 is trifold: Show everyone that Ganon is at least C teir, be the best Ganon main out there, and Win that golden CEO champion belt.

So after CEO, after finding out that learning the match up isn't cutting anymore, so I dropped my tag (if I'm not the best Dorf I don't deserve the title of "The Dorf"), got a new one ("Hidden Sleeper" it's less of a tag and more of a title given by NC smash) , dropped Ganon as a main(he's still my best character though), and started learning more fundamentals as well as learn every other character at a competitive level so my Ganondorf will grow from that, so when I main him again and I will, I'll now every MU inside and out.

Sorry for the ramble but here is the main question i'm asking here, is this the right move? To become a better, even the best Ganon main, is learning every other character, as long as it takes a good move?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Ceo doesn't count Ally got 49th

Really though, I think that time is better spent on Ganon if you intend to be the best with him. If I'm having a ton of difficulty with a match up I'll head to training and really dissect the character and learn when they're vulnerable, but I don't take it much farther than that. I mean I've actually played countless characters but have done poorly with most of them while not learning anything I didn't already know. What will help you more than anything is grinding match ups and learning how to optimally play them imo.

I understand the feeling though, I've felt this way a lot and only recently have I been comfortable putting my all in to Ganondorf. And I also intend to be the best so I know that struggle too lol, honestly man you just gotta stay on track and not trail off towards other characters.

This is all imo from my exp of course though

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
As long as there is breath in my loins
As long as there are ****s to have games with
As long as the sky stays blue
You shant be a better ganon than me
You ****

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
You'll want to learn all the other MUs, but I don't think it's possible to actually master every character in this game within a reasonable amount of time. Also 2 out of your 3 goals aren't happening barring another patch. A secondary for Dorf is recommended though, as some MUs aren't reasonably winnable at a high level, so it's best to learn another character or two, but you definitely need to play Dorf the most if you actually want to be the best Dorf.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
The best Ganon is Garioshi

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
What is wrong my main man krokinator

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Knockpotater is not good at the competitive party game for Wii U

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Look at this
The TL;DR is that you learn slower the more you go deep into the advanced, where the base stuff can be learnt at a reasonable level in little time, due to this, to do such a thing there is no need to drop your main and reaching competitive level with the entire cast, at least if you care about mastering the game before 20YY, also while your Ganon may benefit from knowing the base of other characters, that might not happen for what concerns the deeper levels

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm with Zzatch and Mezzo; take the time to learn the characters' vulnerabilities and tendencies, but get back to Ganoning soon to apply the knowledge.

Just as with learning music or something like that, you will get good at whatever you practice. Auxiliary knowledge and skills will certainly help, but focusing too hard I those things will build unneeded strength in those areas while weakening your original focus.

Edit: Zzzatsch

Last edited:
Top Bottom