• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner peach; I need help

Aktsumi

Smash Cadet
When I see a good peach I see an iron wall. That's why I want to pursue this character I don't know anything about peach so could someone tell me the list of things to practice?

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Disclaimer: I am not the be all end all of peach, you should prioritise on listening to more seasoned peaches than newer peaches. As I have no results of note, just a theorycrafter and amateur player of melee.

I would recommend practicing float cancelling first, and get the timing down, and get used to using it in battle after, so as to get it ingrained into your instinct. This is a small part of the wall aspect, where you use an aerial to prevent the opponents approach, and because of the float cancel, the aerial is lagless/very little lag, allowing one to immediately follow up with something if they are trying to approach again, rather than having inactive frames.

After you got floatcancelling down I would recommend starting to practice turnip usage, recatching and all that jazz. This is my favorite thing to practice, as you can get some crazy setups with turnips, there are multiple techniques that I like to use with turnips like roll cancelling and V dropping in which more information can be found here

Then you should start working on mindgames with peach, which, In my opinion, is more essential to peach than other characters that play more aggressive as peach requires to control the pace of the game, which is one major part of the wall aspect you mentioned, this slowed pace can be achieved by conditioning your opponent to second guess oneself, and this is often caused by one if not both 1. Severe and consistent punishes and reads, and 2. Correctly spacing to place your opponent into situations which are sub optimal on there half.

To finish (or, to get to the point that I am at, which no doubt you have surpassed anyway) practice the advanced techniques like knitting and panning, both of which are explained in this thread here, in which it explains the concept behind panning and knitting, and how they are beneficial to the player.

Have fun with the 'wall'!

Last edited:
Top Bottom