• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner Marth

Drblessing

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards,

I am a newly starting Marth main, and I was curious what are some tips to get better.

I can wavedash pretty well but my other movement is pretty sloppy.

When dash-dancing Marth stumbles sometimes and I can't move.

Cyro_

Smash Cadet

This video may help you out a bit.

Edit: Fixed this post completely

Last edited:

Lapys

Smash Rookie
I'm a new Marth as well, and I've been finding out that the most important tool I have is movement. I can't speak to how other mains practice, but I think the thing most of us new folks feel like we're supposed to work on is combos. That probably pays off a lot more in the early game for the spacies, but while Marth has some great combo and juggling potential, his movement (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) feels like the core of his neutral game. You want to move as smoothly and as well-spaced as possible, because your grab is so good and can lead into a lot of other parts of your neutral game at low and especially at mid %.

Anyway, all that is just another newbie rambling, so here's a guide that I found really helpful. Good luck!

http://www.meleeitonme.com/sharpening-your-sword-tais-marth-guide/

Last edited:
Top Bottom