• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner Falco Questions

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Yo guys!

I picked up Falco recently (Marth main) to deal with dumb MUs, plus I like playing him more. I feel as if I am gradually being sucked into Falco, and he'll eventually become my main. But basically, when people critique me, they tell me a few things that are consistently sub-par.

1. Approaches - I really don't approach well at all. First and foremost, I tend to use my lasers are approaches rather than spacing. Then, I go straight for the downair because ITS SO FREAKING FUN. However, incredibly unreliable
  2. Movement - Basically, they tell me my movement is horrible. I just need some tips on what to work on/how to practice it. Of course, I can wavedash/dash dance etc., coming from Marth, but I need some Falco specific tips.

It'd be awesome if you guys could help me or give me tips. I need a way to practice these things. I'd be super appreciative.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Wavedashing is laggy and generally you don't want to use it in neutral, however laser + dash dancing is amazing
In the ditto tho you either need to platform camp or shoot first

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Wavedashing is laggy and generally you don't want to use it in neutral, however laser + dash dancing is amazing
In the ditto tho you either need to platform camp or shoot first
I'm new to falco (ganon main) and he's my secondary. But, I've noticed plenty of top level falcos wavedashing in neutral. And it seems to work out for me when I'm playing. Plus what about waveshines? Those are pretty handy upon occasion and require a wavedash.

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Uh no you should be Dash Dancing + Lasering, and then lasering puts them in positions where you can maybe bair or uptilt them.
Sometimes people will wavedash to RESET their dash dance because they basically messed up their dash dance, it's not to replace dash dancing. Dash dancing is presenting a threat while being non committal, wavedashing is good if you want to commit to something unnecessarily...

Waveshines don't do anything for falco really, what do you mean? Like it's not safe on someone's shield, what situation in neutral are you waveshining in?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
For approaching make sure you are l canceling everything and fast fall everything for movement work on dashdancing and wavedashing there are videos on how to move with falco watch PPMD best movement with a falco I have ever seen

Top Bottom