• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beginner advice vs Sheik

nfz

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i am somewhat new to playing melee used to only watch it for long time. I am just looking for some advice playing vs Sheik.

I usually only plays vs my friend who only plays sheik and he usually just stays on the ground and dash attack into F-tilt. I usually end up getting hit my about 3-4 F-tilts before he does a down smash.

I was just wondering what i should be doing to get out of that, should i DI down and just CC? and when he attempts to dash attack is shield grabbing him the best thing to do? thanks in advance.

Ocean Man

Smash Rookie
Falcon does not really have too many answers to sheik's forward tilt. It is very quick in start up and does not have too much lag. You can try shielding it and then punishing out of shield with grab or nair or something. The key is to see what he does after the f-tilt and then punish that if he does the same thing everytime. Also crouch cancel can be a good option too. As for when he dash attacks shield grab is always good because you can do an upthrow combo or downthrow techchase. Also you could probably jump over the dash attack and punish with stomp or some other aerial because the dash attack hits low.

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
Well if you are in the air when you get hit by F-tilt, either because you jumped at him, or because he just hit you with a dash attack or F-tilt, then you should DI away so that he can't just keep F-tilting. If you get hit on the ground then CC'ing or ASDI down (holding down on the C stick) is not a bad option, because it will keep you grounded. Then you can buffer shield and either roll out, or wait until he F-tilts again and shield grab it. DI away will always get you out of another F-tilt.

Shield grabbing dash attack is fine I guess, but it seems to me like the spacing might be tricky. Grabs combos are the top punish vs Sheik though. Actually, I might say try to dash-dance grab a dash attack rather than shield grab it, because your friend could easily mix up dash attack with dash-grab, and then you'll be screwed because shied punishes hard off of grabs too. Keep mobile if you can.

In the Nair vs. Sheik thread directly below this, we're starting to discuss some Shiek stuff, maybe check there in a few days

Top Bottom