• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Begginer Ices climbers , needs help .

Bizarro_Mask

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BMAS#377
Hi , i am Bizarro_Mask , begginer player . It's been like 10 years old since my first game of SSBM.
Time have pass , and that's only since 1 year i play again at super smash bros melee .

Firstly i was just hopping to played character of my childhood like ; Bowser , Ganondorf and Mario .
Then it's only recently i succes to focus myself on two character : Link and Ices Climbers .

Link is my favorite character of this game .
But i know he struggle a bit with top tier character , and if want to make some results , i should try an better character .
So like one week ago i try to test the ices climbers , because why not . And i think i found my second favorite .

Since one week i apply myself to do the most basic things with ices such as :

-Wavedash / Waveland
-Wavedash in to something (WD grab , WD down smash)
-Auto Cancel Aerial
-Wobbling (i know it's ban but it's important for the advanced combo to know the timing)
-Dthrow Fsmash-dsynch

But after this ? what is the next step ? what should i work on ?
Any help is appreciate and by advance thanks to everyone.

TheNewbLu

Smash Rookie
I am no IC player but I'd suggest checking out sets that have top IC players in them. Keep in mind wobbling is banned now. Chu dat and Slug are who I'd search out. Climbers have a lot of unique to them interactions going on so I cant really offer much advice sadly. Happy you're playing melee its a great game :)

Quick edit: check out the ice climbers thread in the character specific section, hopefully that can give you a hint on how to do more hand offs and desyncs!

Last edited:

Goty Rase

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
RAZ#535
I am not a IC player but you can try more difficult techniques like ledgedash, in a future try to do the others “Infinite Combos” that the IC have, the youtuber Asum Saus has a whole video talking of the other IC combos that are not wobbling, is he last video.

Top Bottom