• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Began writing a smash fic...... Here it is

KrillinsRude928

Smash Rookie
Prologue

The Salty Commitment

Hbox thought it was over. She had back-aired Armada all the way off the stage, and Armada didn't have a jump. Grand Finals, Smash Summit 2. Last stock. She was supposed to have won. She thought she was the champion. But then her best friend Armada used that stupid move. That Stupid ****ING UP B. Armada barely recovered. Hbox reached up and took a brief moment to quickly wipe the sweat gathering on her brow. She retreated into safer territory. She had to play this smart. There was too much on the line. Armada quickly went on the defensive with lasers, forcing Hbox to approach. The two friends quickly went in and out trying to find a gap in the others defense. Then it happened. Armada ran in and shined into an up smash. Game over.

Hbox stared into the black abyss of the screen in defeat trying to figure out what she did wrong. Meanwhile, Armada’s boyfriend Mango quickly ran over to congratulate her.

Hbox thought for sure that if she won this tournament then Mango would want her instead of armada. Even though her and armada were best friends, she…… wait. EX-FRIENDS, she couldn't help but want Mango. I mean come on, look at that beard. Nonetheless, she had failed. It was all for nothing. Quickly a dark pit of resentment grew within Hbox. Armada got EVERYTHING. She was skinny, pretty, popular, better at melee, AND she gets Mango to boot? Life was unfair. It was then she decided she would do whatever it took to utterly annihilate her former friends relationship with her secret crush.

Chapter 1

Smashville High

Smashville High School. One of the most prestigious high school programs in the country. With numerous awards for its various programs and nominations for school of the year, the Principal, Masahiro Sakurai, and the assistant principal (who was the one who was really in charge) Isai, were very proud. Together, they and their superstar-caliber faculty and staff spearheaded the school's success. The head coach of the football team, and the P.E. teacher, Coach Ken was at one point in time considered to be the greatest athlete on the planet. Likewise, his contemporaries from the Math, Science, and English departments respectively, Mr. Korean DJ, Mr. Azen, and Mr. PC Chris were all considered top tier educators in their fields.

The school also had an award winning super smash brothers club. They always placed first in tournaments, and all of the students in the club were good friends. Even some of the staff joined the club and participated in tournaments, like the janitor chillindude. This club was led by five of the students in particular. The greatest of them all was the school's star football player Mango and his girlfriend, the most popular girl in school, Armada. The other three consisted of Hbox, Armada’s fat best friend, M2K, Mangos former best friend and now social outcast, and PPMD, Mangos current best friend and president of the school's AV Club.

Together, the five of them had dominated the melee scene for quite a while. Other notable players included Axe, the best singer in the school, S2J, king of competitive eating, Westballz, the typical punk rock chick, and Plup. All of the main five were seniors, this year, and the others were juniors. The only underclassmen in the club were armadas and m2ks little brothers, leffen and wizzrobe who were both freshmen. It was a friday like any other at smashville high, and the club was having its daily meeting. As usual, M2K had just finished 4 stocking Plup in marth dittos. Suddenly, Mango stood up and said “Hey guys, I’m having a party at my place tomorrow and everyone is invited.” There was a general sound of approval, “Will there be beer?” asked the party animal named PPMD. “Duh” said Mango,”When have I ever had a party without beer?” Everyone cheered when they heard that.

[Time Skip]

Mangos House

The Next Day

“Alright everybody, let's play truth or dare!”, a wasted Mango cried. “Sure” said PP in agreement. Westballz was up first, and a silly grin appeared on her face. PP said, “Ok Westballz, truth or dare?” Westballz, standing up, proclaimed, “dair.” Shock spread across the audience, huddled in a circle, as Westballz short hopped and spun in the air, mimicking Falco’s down air. The cringe became audible as everyone burst into laughter and mild anger. The night continued, and several rounds later, it was M2K’s turn. “Ok Mew2King, truth or dare?” “Truth,” M2K replied. “Mew2King, is there a girl you like?” M2K began sweating visibly, knowing that embarrassment was inevitable. He couldn’t speak, and nervously looked downward. Unable to form a response and unable to deny the truth, he briefly glanced towards Armada, then desperately shifted his gaze elsewhere. Axe, Plup, and Wizzrobe began chuckling, sparking laughter across the room. M2K looked over at Mango, but was only met with a menacing glare. “Shut up!” M2K shouted “I meant dare!” With the group already satisfied with the events that transpired, the game continued past Mew2King, as he sat uncomfortably in defeat. Some turns later, Hbox began, “Mango, truth or dare?” “Truth.” “Do you love Armada?” No answer came from Mango for a moment. He opened his mouth, but no sounds escaped. There was a pause, marking a distinct moment of hesitation. His mouth closes. Those who were aware of Mango’s inability to respond stared in shock. Hbox stifles the smirk that began to grow on her face. Mango, realizing the commotion beginning, exclaimed, “Of course I do!” Nobody bought it. Armada looked at Mango, feeling betrayed. Mango, upset with himself, sullenly cried, “Everybody out! Party’s over!” Only Armada, on the verge of tears, remained, and a drunken argument could be heard from the house as the party-goers began to exit. Hungrybox, very happy with her good fortune, began to contemplate her next move.

Chapter 2

The following Monday as Mango walked into school he looked toward the lockers to seek out his estranged girlfriend. As he spotted her, she noticed him looking, and once he started walking towards her to apologize, she quickly turned on her heel and walked towards her first class along with her friends, who all shot him a menacing glare. Mango let out a sigh. Today was going to be a long day. As he trudged to 1st period, Hbox skipped up beside him. “Good Morning Handsome”.

Hbox’s POV

As mango looked at hbox, she found herself captivated by his eyes.

It was the look in them that pierced her very soul, the look of compassion and love, shrewdness and joviality, most of all an agelessness and power that transcended human comprehension. As she realized that the man before her was more than a mere human, he began to speak. His rich majestic voice resonated through to her very core, it's pitch being as clear and pure as the finest spring water from the top of the olimar mountains. His diction was crisper than m2ks edgeguards. His speech was both calming and invigorating. She found herself mesmerized, and tried to focus on what he was saying but couldn't.

Mango’s POV

“Hey hbox guess what”

She showed no sign of hearing him, but was rather staring at him in awe. He decided to continue anyway.

“I've got this new girl in my English class to do my homework for me. And she has some Phat-ass *******.”

The grotesquely overweight girl remained unresponsive. Mango sighed and turned to walk away. Suddenly Hbox snapped back to reality and grabbed Mangos arm before he could leave. “So Mango, I was wondering”

“What? You want me to teach you how to not play melee like a little *****?” He interjected. “No” Hbox blushed. She didn't want to admit it but mango calling her a little ***** turned her on- it made her feel dirty.

“I know you and Armada are having problems and you might be a little lonely, so I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out after school? Maybe go see a movie?”

“Nah I'm good” He replied nonchalantly.

Hbox was stunned. Did he seriously just brush her off that easily? “I was serious about my offer to teach you how to not play puff like a ***** though. I mean come on, try something other than back air you scrub. Anyway, if you want to take me up on it, all you have to do is ask.” With that parting comment The Kid went on his way toward his first class, leaving hbox there blushing bright red.

Top Bottom