• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beezo Summer Monthlies! July 21!!, A Minneapolis, MN tournement!!

yoshii

Smash Ace
Ok, I cant wait any longer time to take the initiative!

I will also post this on SmashBoards in case there is more interest.

This tournament is in a senior high rise which means I expect people to respect the senior citizens living in it. This means no yelling, screaming, kicking, etc... If this is a problem for anyone I will have to ask you to leave right away:) But I don' think that will have to happen. If one would happen to say hi or ask why you are here, please just be polite.

Address: 320 2nd ave. s.e. Minneapolis, MN 55414

*its between the U of M campus and downtown Minneapolis, its easy to find. Mapquest it!

**When: July 21st.**
12pm-6pm. You can come by 11:30 but no earlier! Try to be on time.
Call my cell once you arrive so I can let you in. 612-280-4381.
I reserved a big room for the tournament, there are lots of chairs, tables, please
bring setups, if you can! There is also a big screen tv we can use for finals, or
whatever. Tell all your friends!:) Its kinda on short notice...

Same rules as apply for the bi-weeklys. No surprises.

TOURNEY RULES

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute limit
No Items
Each person/team may knock out one stage for the entire set.
No stage may be played more than once per set, unless both players agree.
A player may not choose a stage where he/she has already won.
If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes.
Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, DK64
Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle.
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.
Character picks are double blind
Advanced Slob Picks – The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character followed by the loser picking their character.
Ties broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack ON
BYOC!

ENTRY FEES: $10 per person (singles), **$20 per team (doubles)**

WINNINGS:
1st: 40%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%
4th: 10%

Xtra

Smash Ace
Bump! Come on WI, you know you want to come to a MN tournament for a change!
its true. i wont drive all the way there but if someone close to fondy is going i'll be willing to drive to wherever and if possibe ride w/ u guys. looking at u spikes...u know u hold wisc. smash scene together! :p

yoshii

Smash Ace
Just to let you guys know, there are lots of MN people coming to this. We post on a separate board, so thats why no one is posting hear.

I made this more so for WI folks.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Well, if KSSB goes I'll probably go with him (and probably he won't go unless EoF goes); I've been itching to fight 56K since I first met him at the last Beezo :D

Zicore, he didn't go to the last one and hopefully won't be able to go this one, as loud as he gets... :rolleyes:

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
Just to let you guys know, there are lots of MN people coming to this. We post on a separate board, so thats why no one is posting hear.

I made this more so for WI folks.
yeah i hear that place is just a big MN orgy... you guys can have it... sickos....

yoshii

Smash Ace
What is that supposed to mean? Say something useful, like you are coming to Beezo!!

Come on EoF, you complain how you have to move on with your life... You can do other things! Dont let smash make you feel bad about yourself. It should bring you up and make you stronger. Have confidence in your play style, you lose cause you have no intent on getting better. Look who you are playing with! Kssb and Black Hayate. They are argueably 2nd and 3rd best in WI! This is an opportunity for you only to improve as a smasher. Its not like you don't know that already, but I think it needed to be said.:) And how often do you get to play against MN??

AXE 09

Smash Master
hey everyone. i'm here visiting minnesota with my mom, cuz she has to do work or something and she kinda dragged me along lol. we flew in from Arizona about 2 or 3 days go. anyways, i'm interested in competing in this tournament, but the only way i can is if the tournament is either this friday or saturday. i really need to know soon about the official date of this tournament if i want to attend, which i do. if you could change the date to 6/15, that would make it so much better for me, but if it's on 6/16, i can still go, but i'd have to delay my flight back to Arizona. i can not go if it's any later than this saturday, so please try to figure out the official date soon, and i'll check back here next time i can get online. thanks

Oh and by the way, Yoshii, i tried to call you earlier cuz smashboards wouldn't let me log in for some reason, so if you got a message from a guy named Jeff... that was me :p

yoshii

Smash Ace
Yes, call me once you are there and I will let you in!

*I have a couple updates for you smashers!

-please bring a set up if you can, we need more!
-please clean up after yourself.
-You can come at 11:30, no earlier please!
-You will be able to play friendlies and stuff until 5:30, then all must be out of the room:)
-I will most likely have a pre-made bracket ready the night before.

AXE 09

Smash Master
i play as pikachu mostly, but i like to use fox in 2v2s. i also have a bunch of other characters, i'm not even sure who's my best anymore. but as far as videos, i actually haven't gotten any up yet. if we can recognize each other, we could play a few rounds then you could determine if you want me as a partner or not, or we could meet up before the day of the tourney

D. Disciple

Smash Master
OMG I have to play you now AXE 09, I main Pikachu, you have to come down to my place if you're visiting MN before the tourney so we can get some smashing in.

Definitely no chance of me being able to make it to this tourney on sat. To many things going on that day.

AXE 09

Smash Master
SWEET! another pikachu player!!! pikachu's my main character too lol. alright, we gotta play some matches. i'm free until saturday, but i'm flying back to AZ on sunday. also... i'm only 16, and my mom's kinda tight about me "hanging out with strangers" and stuff, so she's probably gonna wanna meet you and stuff...

if you can, call me sometime and we'll talk about it
520-249-3743

you might need to put a 1 before that number, but i'm not sure lol. my name's Jeff btw just so you know. you can text me if you want to also

AXE 09

Smash Master
thanks D. Disciple. man, those were some awesome games! you're really good yourself, i saw some crazy stuff. really, REALLY good lol. hopefully we'll get to play again someday.

so just wondering... is wobbling banned for this tourney?

Top Bottom