• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Been thinking about picking up Wolf, but don't know anything about him.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Hey Wolf community! I was stoked to have Wolf back, but I know nothing about his bnb combos, neutral gameplan, ko setups and options and such. Can someone please give me brief rundown? Thanks!

Last edited:

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
I know nothing about how to play Wolf but I know Leffen made a video about it. Hope it can help you!

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Some good combos are:

Fair to fair to fair to fair, ad nauseam. Or Fair to nair, fair to uair, etc. It's just a good tool in general.
Weak nair to dtilt (then if it trips follow up with ftilt, dash attack, or blaster, or tech chase, depends on character size usually)
Uthrow to uair at low percents
Dthrow to dash attack at mid percents
Dthrow to side B works at varying percentages vs different characters, seems to hit most consistently between 55-ish to 65-ish for most characters when you angle it down.

Wolf doesn't really have a lot of super consistent and safe kill setups that don't involve catching a read. Dthrow to side B off the stage at the combo percent for each character will usually guarantee a spike, but also kills Wolf, so it's pretty risky if you misjudge it. If you can read a roll you can catch it with damask, or up B which does a ton of knockback. Dsmash goes underneath the ledge on a lot of stages and can intercept most recoveries if you time it well. Utilt kills at 140-ish and bthrow kills at the ledge around 150-ish.

When it comes to neutral, I think Wolf is a good example of a character who can basically do whatever the player wants. He has a lot of options. Blaster and fairs spaced out of grab range are pretty good at baiting approaches and whiffs, but there isn't a cookie cutter quintessential playstyle for him like there may be for other characters. I like platform camping to bait whiffs and runoff fairs to start combos, and alternating between blaster and empty SHFF blaster to bait risky approaches. He has a good foxtrot/dash dance to bait whiffs and punish accordingly as well.

Check out the competitive discussion as well, there's more depth in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom