• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Beefy Smash Doods Showcase Ink Physics

Showcase_Ink_Physics.jpg

In their latest video, the Beefy Smash Doods cover some interesting interactions of the Inkling’s grounded ink and also go over how the ink mechanic works in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

When certain specials collide with the grounded ink from Inkling’s Splat Roller some odd interactions take place, often resulting in hilarity. It’s unknown whether or not all of these interactions are intentional, but the effects of many of these are very different from what you’d expect and it looks like a lot of these probably aren’t intentional. For example some specials when used on the inked ground appear to launch their users straight into the stratosphere while other specials seem to stop completely and abruptly. If you want to watch all the wonky ink interactions take place or if you want to learn how the ink mechanic works, go watch the video below!

Author's Note: Are you amazed by the absolute madness that is King Dedede's inked Super Dedede Jump? If you are (or aren't) please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Interesting. I've been using inkling for a couple weeks and never noticed this problem. I guess its hard to see if your not looking

I feel like at one point, they were going to reduce fighter's recoveries, but then again that'll make Inkling more broken more then she is already. A lot of the glitches in Ultimate have recently been weird and sort of make no sense at all, this is one of those...

D
Interesting. I've been using inkling for a couple weeks and never noticed this problem. I guess its hard to see if your not looking
Yeah, considering the amount of characters affected, this has to be screwed with somehow.

I feel like at one point, they were going to reduce fighter's recoveries, but then again that'll make Inkling more broken more then she is already. A lot of the glitches in Ultimate have recently been weird and sort of make no sense at all, this is one of those...
I’m with you on this, it’s the only thing that truly makes sense to me. If that is the intent someone messed up massively

View attachment 184896

In their latest video, the Beefy Smash Doods cover some interesting interactions of the Inkling’s grounded ink and also go over how the ink mechanic works in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

When certain specials collide with the grounded ink from Inkling’s Splat Roller some odd interactions take place, often resulting in hilarity. It’s unknown whether or not all of these interactions are intentional, but the effects of many of these are very different from what you’d expect and it looks like a lot of these probably aren’t intentional. For example some specials when used on the inked ground appear to launch their users straight into the stratosphere while other specials seem to stop completely and abruptly. If you want to watch all the wonky ink interactions take place or if you want to learn how the ink mechanic works, go watch the video below!

Author's Note: Are you amazed by the absolute madness that is King Dedede's inked Super Dedede Jump? If you are (or aren't) please let us know in the comments below!

In the context of Splatoon, standing in enemy ink DOES slow your movement and you can't jump as high, though I'm curious as to why it affects the specific moves it does in this game

Top Bottom