• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

beating young link

elliotnz

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5906-3244
I want to beat my friend at smash bros, I've just started using Captain Falcon. Admittedly he has more talant but I'm the one with the switch.

He plays young link and I'm thinking if I start winning he'll get nasty with projectiles (he always gets nasty when backed in a corner)

How do I beat him?

Julio Conde

Smash Rookie
NNID
jconde161
3DS FC
4484-9779-3573
Honestly patience and movement. Don’t be a static target keep moving around. He’s trying to force you to rush in or sit still and shield so he can grab you.
Use you dash and jump to evade the projectiles and work your way in. The pressure will make him reset his position or try to attack you. This is your opportunity to punish him for a whiffed attack or running away. If you can stay on him and not give him the room to start using projectiles you can give him a hard time.
Also Nair clanks with the arrow and boomerang so you can use that as an approach option. If you time it Nair will also grab the bomb mid air as well. Nair is also great out of shield.

Top Bottom